Do You Have Times Where You Just Can't Be Bothered?

@Janey1966 (24127)
Carlisle, England
I'm like that this week. I don't feel very well but nothing serious..just tired and "under the weather" as we say over here. It's gone a lot colder too and that's upset me because I was hoping for a mild winter for a change! Mum isn't too good either. She's done something to her back. Sometimes she overdoes it carrying a rucksack with purchases in it and they dig into her back whilst she's on her bike. She reckons that's what's causing it but she does have some pills so she can carry on working. She wants it sorted because she's due to have her cataract removed in the New Year and she told me she will have to lie still for that, otherwise there could be serious repercusions! So, does December get you down or are you so excited that Christmas is nearly here you haven't got time to think about it?
@inertia4 (26316)
Well, I never as really a fan of winter. But for the last 4 years now I pretty much gave up on christmas. With out my kids, well, it's not the same. The ex has them and she is pretty much, well, lets put it this way, satan is to good a word for here. So, I know how you feel. I am down, have been and really do not want to bother with anything.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
It's a shame you're apart from your children. I take it your ex doesn't want you to have anything to do with them?
@inertia4 (26316)
I do get to see them, but she is what I call the evil ex. She is basically a flip flopper. She says one thing and changes it when it suits her needs. She plays on the fact that I feel for my kids and uses them as pawns, for what reason I don't know. I do have a hatred for her though and I doubt that will ever change.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I can't be doing with people like that and I can well understand your hatred.
@derek_a (10903)
Sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit under the weather Janey, but it is good to remember that nothing is permanent in life and whatever is happening right now, is changing from moment to moment. I can fully identify with what you are experiencing as feeling like this come and go for all of us. When the feelings visit me, I just focus on it more strongly really getting my awareness right into the feeling. Giving myself permission to be throughly P***d. As I continue doing this, I become aware of the mood beginning to lift. Sometimes slowly, sometimes remarkably quickly - I guess it depends on the karma that lies behind the mood. If it something that has persisted since childhood on and off, then it takes longer, but if it it something that has happened right here and now, then it goes quickly. This is a meditative technique that I have learned over the years since I first started to practice Zen. The lesson here is that it is no good fighting anything because it will only cause it to persist at a deeper level of mind, when you think it has past. But it isn't really past just made unconscious and unmanifest and will return again whenever things are simlar. Thought I would share that with you as you may find it a useful technique, but otherwise just ignore.... _Derek
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Awww, I'd never ignore you Derek, you're too precious for that. Do you ever read my Chinese friend's posts? I love that guy so much but he's an atheist, something unusual for a Chinese person. Or is it? No idea lol. I do know his mother was a staunch Catholic, something else I was gobsmacked about. Isn't the world so varied and wonderful? Such a shame the Yanks haven't bought the very last "Frozen Planet" tonight due to the fact they're not interested in Global Warming. It's true! 30 other countries have bought the series and a "few" including the US refuse to buy this very last episode. I really can't wait to watch it tonight as I have a feeling it will be VERY revealing. It is Sir David Attenborough after all.
@derek_a (10903)
Hi Janey, Thanks for the lovely response. I hadn't read your Chinese friend's post. There is a lot of Buddhism in China, so maybe your friend leans towards this. Many claim that Buddhist are atheist but they are very compassionate, it's just that they don't have belief in a Creator God but deal with life's energies or the Whole of which we are all a part of. I find it quite interesting because in the Christian writings and Old Testament, it talk of God being Everything and we are part of that Everything that in my mind, is energy. Like chi in China, Ki in Japan, Prana in India.. It permeates everything. Energy was never created and cannot be destroyed - this means that it was always there, everywhere and always will be. Sounds familiar to what has been said about God to me. Personally, I don't see a single entity, but can actually acknowledge and experience the energy in life. So yes, the world is varied and wonderful and as a Zen practitioner, if I can experience something then I can say I know it. Other things remain ideas until they are proved one way or another. _Derek
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Wow, you should be on telly. You talk so much SENSE!
According to doctrine of traditional Chinese Medicine,there is a correspondence between man and nature.so to speak,our bogies change with the weather.I think maybe this can explain why you felt a bit unwell.Over here,today is Greater Snow -a solar terms -beginning on Dec.6,7,or 8.The rain falls continuously and there is a nip in the air.I feel depressed.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I don't like the sound of that continuous rain my friend, no wonder you feel depressed, I would too! I love that term "Greater Snow" but we don't want it in snowfall terms, otherwise it will resemble something tremendously high, like a mountain. Don't want that do we?!
The "greater snow" is one of the 24 periods into which the year is divided.It doesn't mean we have a heavy snow during the period.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Oh right, thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
I have lot of allergies as soon as the weather changed (cold, freezing, hailstorms and days full of fog.. I already show terrible before the weather changed). So I have a hard time too and need a lot of sleep. Hard to get any. But am slowing down now because otherwise I will be sick end of the year again. I will go to bed earlier and try to have some rests at day time (which is hard). I would prefer a winter rest.. or 100 years sleep.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
100 years sleep - sounds good to me! I wish I was like my cat. She sleeps when the weather is poor and goes into this deep slumber for hours on end!
So do I! I often nod off in the afternoon when I am wrapped up warmly and watching the afternoon film! I personally think we should be hibernating like bears in the winter. How wonderful to go to sleep in the cold and wake up when it is warm again!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Yes, bears definitely have the right idea don't they? I mean, what's the point of winter other than to make us all miserable and grumpy?
@Dominique25 (9476)
I'm not a fan of the cold weather. I also don't like the bad conditions for driving when winter comes. I would greatly prefer to live somewhere where it's warmer throughout the year. But each place has it's advantages and disadvantages. In other places there's a lot of flooding, hurricanes,earthquakes etc. So I would rather have to deal with snow and ice than all of that other crazy weather.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Well, that's true enough. Our weather isn't that exciting most of the time so I guess we're lucky in that respect. Still hate the snow though and I'm hoping it's gonna stay away this time round. If not, it will be the 3rd December in succession that we've had snow..unprecedented!!
I hear this winter is suppose to be worse than the last. Which it seems each year the weather gets worse. Last year we had a lot of freezing rain, and ice all over. I'm not at all looking forward to it. Just the other day I was talking about the weather when we had our first really snow this year, I told them I'm ready for spring. I want winter to come and go fast.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Which State in the US do you live? I always keep my eye on the American weather as my jaw drops quite a lot whenever something severe comes on the telly. I do hope it misses you out, whatever it may be.
yea,i had a day like that the other day.it was so cold i was like screw this,i'm going back to bed.housework can wait something i rarely do,but i felt like having me time for once in this house.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I know what you mean. However, today (even though it was VERY windy outside) I was glad to be out of the house albeit to have my hair cut. I get fed up of being in here day after day.
@bounce58 (17550)
Last night I was watching TV, and there were a lot of Christmas specials being shown. I just thought to myself that I couldn't really be bothered with all these singing. I know that it was nice to hear when I was young, but now that I'm a bit older, I couldn't really appreciate all the Christmas spirit all around. It's just me being grumpy!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I know what you mean. It's a bit early for all that as well, isn't it? Shops can be highly irritating if you're not in the mood, especially that piped music everywhere. Some stores have at least 3 different songs going depending on where you're at on the floor. Drives me nuts! Yes, I'm being grumpy as well..it's my right. Haha!
I think a lot of us here in the UK suffer from SAD when the light goes and we don't have enough of the 'happy chemicals' circulating in our brains. This can make us tired and lethargic a lot of the time and give us that 'blobby' feeling of not wanting to do anything. When that grim, dark, awful time approaches I know I have to get out my light-box, which does work and makes me feel human again!
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Is that the light that resembles natural light and comes on gradually in order to wake you up? I've ALWAYS wanted one of those and I reckon my Mum should have one as well as I reckon she really does suffer from SAD. This is why we both love the springtime, especially the new life that comes along in nature, such as new leaves on trees and - my personal favourite..DAFFS!!
@savak03 (6690)
I'll be excited when Christmas is over and life can get back to normal.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Haha! Me too.
@dodo19 (26678)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I can certainly understand how you feel, and I'm sorry that you feel that way. It does happen from time to time that I'll feel a little under the weather around this time of year, around Christmas.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
The bad weather isn't helping either as it keeps me indoors, therefore I'm not experiencing fresh air. However, that will all change next week when I'm at Mum's, something I'm looking forward to.
@thaMARKER (3096)
my schedule has never been tight, i never allowed it to be hehehe.. i dont like being busy, stressed and pressured so i take things slowly. i don't go out if it's not important or not beneficial to me. selfish huh..? yeah right hahaha.. Christmas? am gonna be working on that day. im working away from home so it's kinda ok. no party to worry, no gifts to buy, no family to have dinner with.. actually people invited me but i didnt promise or anything. i dont like hanging out with people especially when it Christmas. it makes me miss my family back home.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I like your attitude my friend. Good for you!
@megamatt (14333)
There are times where I have stepped a few inches right into the state of apathy. There are times where I got to just really get myself up and get myself properly motivated. It is rather easier said than done after all. There are just going to be a lot of times where eventually so many things that are going to happen at once, that I just am used to it and just don't get rattled. I think that eventually, I am more observant about such things. However, there are just going to be times where life wears me down to the point where there are a couple of days every now and then where I cannot really be bothered all that much to say the very least. Thankfully I'm in a good place right now and have been for some time, but you never know what might happen.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
That's very true. I mean, today I've been in quite a good mood and I don't really know why. Perhaps it's due to it being windy (but milder) outside and I much prefer that to the snow we had last year. My cat is always there for me too, even on my pillow this morning purring away. When that happens I think, "all is well" until I force myself to get up!
• Pamplona, Spain
Hiya Janey, Felt like that yesterday I cleaned the three main Rooms no less than three times in a Morning brushed, hoovered and the Mop plus coping with the Dog who of course is always left to me. I took him out for a second walk and came back tired as he pulls all over the place at the moment. However the proper Sue is back in force and how as I boldly stated yesterday that the Dog was no longer allowed in the Dining Room at Mealtimes and I was ignoring him to make him rest more as he plays far too much you see. Did not go down very well and I had to get quite upset to make my presence known but this Morning the Dog is doing all he can to get my attention and I am just seeing straight through him. He is now sleeping peacefully and he is less excitable thank goodness at least for now. People in this House are more trouble than the Dog himself I said it would cause problems making too much fuss of him and they hate to admit I was right lol. So yesterday was quite an unnerving Day for me and I did feel that was fair on me or the Dog himself.xxx
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Why do you think I have a cat? Not as high maintenance as a dog but I do love them..as you obviously do with yours. At least the dog will keep your weight down..all that walking. None of that with the cat!
@Anne18 (11036)
I just can't be bothered at the momnet to clean my house as it is getting grubby, I spend too much time on other peoples cleaning. I have also not been on the wiifit plus for a while and have been eating all the wrong foods so now my body feels so yukky that I don't want to og on the wiifit at all now. I keep putting it off BUT tomorrow I have another full day at home so I'm going ot really push myself and do some yoga /jogging on the wiifit, it will kill me!! But I need to get sorted quickly now
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
You could wait until after Christmas! New Year's Resolution to go on the WiiFit lol. I know what you mean about not wanting to exercise though. I have one of those roborollers and I just can't get into it at all now. I make the excuse that when I roll it on the carpet my knees hurt..so I've stopped using it. However, it's probably my weight gain that puts a bit of a strain on my knees in the first place!
@knicnax (2234)
I've been feeling under the weather too. I haven't blogged for a while and skipped doing a lot of things that I wanted to do. I'm excited about buying presents this year but the sad thing is the office hasn't released our 13th month pay yet. I can't go Christmas shopping until I get that money. The malls are already congested and the thrift stores/whole sale stores are really really crowded. So now instead of being excited about buying presents, I' dreading it.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
Oh dear, I hope you get paid very soon my friend. Nothing worse than waiting for your money. Everything goes to pieces in December, doesn't it? My hubby gets paid on the last Friday of every month and December just so happens to be a very long month..so he has to wait longer. Christmas is overwith by the time he gets paid again. You'd think he'd get an advance or something wouldn't you? So unfair on the workers to treat them this way.
@nonersays (2531)
I'm taking christmas off this year. I bought gifts for my husband and son, but I refused to take part in putting up the tree or decorating the house. I work retail, and I've had christmas shoved down my throat since late July/early August and I'm just sort of sick of it this year.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I can understand why you feel the way you do. It's bad enough being customers in shops where the decorations have been up for about 2 months already. By the time Christmas actually comes we're all fed up of it and I sympathise with you having to get "involved" with it so early on. I'm still undecided whether or not to put the tree up this year. I'm getting bored of seeing the same old decorations on it year upon year. The shop I used to buy the decorations from (Woolworths) shut down permanently a couple of years ago and I'm not paying fancy prices for them elsewhere, and I refuse to buy from Poundland either. I've still got my pride despite being skint. Haha!
Hi Janey, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's back problems.. You know... December used to be a bad month for me... but for the last couple of years it has been okay. This year I am really looking forward to Christmas. I have all my shopping done. I did it at my online store. I'm not feeling well either.. it's been months since I have felt well. I go to a spine clinic tomorrow afternoon. I have no idea what they are going to do. I was told they would do an epidural.. but not sure what they will do after examining me... they have my MRI results.. so I'm just hoping I can get some relief so I can enjoy Christmas.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
The worrying makes it worse too, doesn't it? I wish you luck regarding your back problems and hope the MRI results are favourable. From what Mum told me I think she's strained her back in some way. There are certain things she does like stretching her arms in front of her to sort the sandwiches out at work, that sets her back off. She told me the tablets are working but I reckon she needs a repeat prescription as pills always run out before an improvement happens!
• Marion, Kansas
I tend to have a bit of a let down after Thanksgiving, because we do such a big celebration for that and for everyone's birthday. I seem to either have enough money and no time or no money and a lot of time. I am finding bits of work, but not enough and it makes me feel tired to do all the resumes and things online.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I can identify the "no money and a lot of time" in that sentence my friend. I can also identify with sorting out resumes, trying to get them just right. Aren't they a pain? Oh well, here's to a successful 2012 for EVERYBODY, including your good self. You deserve it!
@ElicBxn (59949)
I've got so many irons in the fire I don't seem to know if I'm coming or going. I am also under the weather, caught a little cold, and still have a dozen or so things to do before Friday.
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I've got lots of things to do but no desire to do them. However, doing them will warm me up so I guess I should get a move on!
@davaome (1828)
December does get me down at all, because i am excited that Christmas is already just around the corner. but i guess I have times where I can't be bothered specially when i'm concentrating and focusing to finish some of my written reports and stuff. but most of the time, when i have something to do, I hate it when people bother me. happy mylotting
@Janey1966 (24127)
• Carlisle, England
I don't have that problem as it's rare anyone comes round here during the day..and I'm glad because they'd be in the way, otherwise. Not bothered about people coming round when I've got the tea out of the way and the in-laws know this, thankfully!