Hurting someones feelings..

Have you ever hurt someone without realizing it till after it already happened? I have because I slip out words so fast sometimes. I am working on not doing that with Adrian though. I know I hurt him plenty of times with his big gut and smoking. LOL
@EavesJ (95)
Yes,I do it all the time with my wife. I mean to say sweet things to her, but sometimes I end up holding a shovel. When it gets to that point I stop talking completly, and just tell her I love her. lol. Because I didn't even know I was digging holes on top of holes.
At least you knew to stop and also told her sweet stuff. I am like that and I am working on it. Like he just left here talking about buying those sticks for smoking. I could have been rude but,I was nice.
@jazzyrae (1747)
I don't really think before I say things I have hurt plenty of people on accident one time in seventh grade I told this girl she looked like a Barbie except bigger because Barbuda are anorexic ally skinny. I didn't think about it when I said it she cried I felt very bad l me and my big mouth
Yes, I have, friend! I the worst of it is that I hurt the person that I loved the most: my husband. I just said a couple of times something that I thought was cool and witty and discovered by looking at him that I had hurt him deeply. I remember once I crid immediatly that I didnĀ“t mean it. But it was said and the harm was done. He was generous and I know he forgave me. But I wish still that he had forgotten what I said.
I think it happens with everyone... we all hurt our friends and loved ones without trying to... it just happens. I do try to not do it, but sometimes I get frustrated when a friend or loved one gets on my last nerve. If someone pushes my buttons, I'm going to push back eventually... and then the person has hurt feelings.
@bjc66bjc (6746)
Hi gift, I think we all hurt feelings as one time or another. It probably human nature because a lot of us speak before we think..However for as often as I do hurt other people feeiling I am woman enough to say"I am sorry, even tho I meant what I said." I have found that a lot of people just talk without regards of other because they thinks others are suppose automatically know what they are talking about. I have never been a person who does not take in account of others but I am human and I make errors as well..I don't know everything and never thought I did but I do like to think I a person with common sense and feelings for other.
@lilaclady (28270)
i think we all have this at some time, I have but not as much as a friend of mine, I am sure her brain is directly above her mouth because she just says what she thinks, she doesn't ever think what she says, it can be so hurtful and to make things worse she has such a loud voice when she is doing it.
@inertia4 (26209)
Yes I have hurt someones feelings before, but I did it intentionally. I meant to hurt their feelings. That person was my ex-wife. I still hurt her feelings on purpose to this day. I wish I did not have to have communication with her, but because of the kids, I need to. She sickens me,the tone of her voice makes my skin crawl. I know, you might think I am a bad person, but I am not. She is the one that ruined the marriage. She was the sneaky one and the cheater. So, I do not feel bad when I do hurt her feelings.
@thatgirl13 (7307)
• South Korea
Yes this has happened to me sometimes too. And the worst part is I have no clue about how they felt. Sometimes I can be so lost like that, I mean I don't understand when I hurt them. I really hate this and try to not do it.
@davaome (1828)
I have such a big mouth that it happens to me most of the time specially on day that i am in a bad mood. i was ask sorry to them once a knew. made me think that i should minimize talking to much. happy mylotting
When I was married my husband was very sensitive. He quite often took things I said wrong or imagined I rolled my eyes or did things I actually did not do. Caused us alot of problems. He had it so ingrained and believed it so strongly I could do nothing to disquade him. It was horrible. You wouldn't believe the silly things he imagined.
Once I was in attraction of somebody. But she was not in my life. My fault was I was very cared about her and wanted her as much as my parents . Still i miss her . Sorry if I hurt her.
@Arieles (2474)
Yes, I have hurt someones feelings by things that I have said or done. I realize it right away usually just by the look in their eyes. That's when I feel about two feet tall. Sometimes the words just fly. I really need to wait before I open my mouth and think about what I am going to say.
No one in this world aims to hurt anyone but unfortunetly many of our closer ones including both the friends and family members are hurted. We have studied in earlier classes that Every action has opposite and equal reaction, this is the basic principle in chemistry but now it turns basic princple of our life IE, some activities we do in our life gives products which mens the product can be fun,joy or hurt.
@sid556 (31019)
Oh yes! Haven't we all been guilty of that one? And it always tends to be someone you love the most. We get too comfortable and don't think as carefully about our words and how they affect the other person.
yes, i have..to friend :(
@winterose (39913)
I am sure we all have at one time or other. The thing is once you know something hurts somebody's feelings then you don't do it again.
Most of the time since me and my hubby are not together and having chat time only in the net and not seeing him. We always had a conversation, and if that conversation stop in the middle i knew for sure that i hurt him with the words that i use. that is also a vice versa for both of us since if he hurt me i don't respond no matter what unless he realize that he made a mistake. Same with me also that i review what i said (since it is a chat message) and ask apology for my mistakes. :D
@enelym001 (8334)
It happens with everyone. Even the kindest people can offend someone with words. Normally we don't do it on purpose and we only realized after awhile. It happens to me most of the time too. And I really regret it. Usually I try to make it up with the person.