Would you take this place?

I am downsizing from a two bedroom to a one bedroom. The entire place is larger than what I am in right now. There are three closets instead of one I have now. I will lose my lining closet though. They will put in a newer fridge and more cabinets. The kitchen is much smaller but room is there for my washing machine. They also have laundry machines in the building. There is a building wall facing the living room so no one will see in my place during the day time. The down fall is I have to walk up four flights of stairs and adrian would need to wake up about 40 minutes early for work. I pay for heat now but there the heat is free. I can't have a cat even though I want one. But,I can live without one. I love the entire place and the hard wood floors are great. The best part of it is that no one would live above me to make noise. My mother will not be coming to my house because of the stairs. But,the super said if a place opens up on a lower floor he would give it to me. I like the place it has me written all over it. Oh the bedroom is so much bigger I could get end tables and a dresser..
It sounds like it is just what you want. I would hate being four flights up but that is not you. I would do your basic pros and cons list and see what happens. Sounds like you have alot of pros but afew cons. And if the Super gets a lower opening it might be even better.
Plus I am walking distance to all my family houses,sister,brother and mother. I can walk to my doctors office. I can walk to the super market. Even my church is in the same town and the van can pick me up for church. I have so many reason I would like it. Plus I don't go out much so the stairs would not bother me all that much. Plus I could walk to deliver my avon. I would not need to wait for adrian to drive me. I never thought of any of this stuff.
It sounds great!
@carmelanirel (21108)
wow tough decision, I guess the biggest problem is your mom and whether that will hurt your relationship if she can't come by. As for not allowing cats, don't you have a cat or two already?
The cat is gone to another place my landlord won't let us have it.
I'm sorry, that had to be hard, getting rid of your cat, I remember the posts about hos he'd play around you while you were on the computer..
Oh yes,your right he loved playing by my feet. I will see if the place tonight let's me get a cat...
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Gifts, I say you should take it. You said it had "you written all over it." That pretty much says it all. The biggest problem for me would be the 4th floor but as you said, there are a lot of plus' to outweigh that. Go for it!!
My mother said,I should not take the first place I see. I love it though and I will call the owner tomorrow to see how long she can hold it for me.
@sid556 (31018)
I feel kind of weird disagreeing with your mom but what if the next few you look at are nothing you want? I mean you could at least ask about it and still keep looking, right? Nothing is set in stone until you sign papers. I bet your mom doesn't want you to take it because of the stairs??
She did not go to my brothers last place because she can't walk the stairs. I would take it if the people say they will wait for me to move in. I don't care who can't come up I like it that much..
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hey gifts, I must say that I am very sadden to lose you and Adrian as neighbors..I do not let a lot strangers into my circle but you guys has settled in very comfortably and I love you guys. However as much as I don't want you to move, I am a friend and a alway want the best for you and if you feel that moving is a good step to make then all I can say is GOOD LUCK...you need to meke yourself happy and it sounds like moving will do that for you. I am kinda in agreement with your mom..I don't know about that 4th floor..I am tired already thinking about it...lol..Good luck as you search for the perfect apartment for you...
Oh,you make me cry inside.. I will see about the place tonight.
@gifts: one can clearly discern that you have made a threadbare analysis of things you stand to gain from compared with your present place. And you have also weighed those that you forgo and your take on them. The gains look significant as you have clearly acknowledged them all: larger overall space, three closets, new fridge & more cabinets, laundry machine, free heat, hard wood floor etc. The bigger bedroom is probably the icing on the cake. One thing that isn't clear to me though is why Adrian has to wake up 40 minutes early. You seem to be loving it. Happy moving in!
Because he will work far from the house. He would need to get on the park way.
@winterose (39931)
hon you are the one that is going to live it in nobody can answer that question but you, are you and adrian happy with it?
I know but I don't want to miss anything. Adrian wants a back yard and a lower floor. The place he likes very much because it is big. I love it too.
4 flights of stairs? When I lived on Lafayette Avenue in Brooklyn I lived in a penthouse apartment. It was one bedroom but very large. There was also an office for my then husband. Carrying groceries up 4 flights of stairs got old in a hurry. I think you will get sick of it. The gas will be another expense for Adrian to get to work. It's all going to be up to you, but I think I wouldn't ever want to live like that again.
Adrian's place is about 6 blocks away from where I am looking to move. If we stayed there instead of with me he would still need to get up to get on the parkway. The other place I found is one hour away.
@mensab (4208)
it really sounds good. probably you have already made a decision in your mind. well, the way you described it seems like a good choice. if you see yourself in the place and you sense that you belong to it, then by any means take it. it is rare to have this feeling and sense.
I just don't want to walk up that stair case with bags of food in my hands.
The above descriptions for your house are the desription of my dream flat excluding the stair case. I would like to have the flat on the ground floor. I prefer this because tiredness created by climbing the staircase can be avoided .
I will keep looking while I have no papers signed. But,if the owner says she will hold it for me I will take it.
@yoyo1198 (3644)
It sounds good. Walking up and down those stairs will get tiresome though. I lived in an apartment where I had to scale three flights of stairs. With the arthritis in my hips, I eventually moved. Hoping for a vacancy on the lower floor was of no use to me as those people were pretty well settled in. Right now you're young enough to handle the stairs. If you plan on never moving again if you take it, you will need to weigh the pros and cons for an extended stay.
There were four of us going up the stairs. Me and the super were the only two who did not get winded. LOL Adrian and my mother had to stop for air and rest..
@inertia4 (26786)
I think that place sounds wonderful. You know, you always have to give to get. There are always little sacrifices when it comes to moving to a new place. Enjoy your new apartment.