Agenda 21 aka sustainable development aka smart growth

@bagarad (12732)
Paso Robles, California
I have mentioned this in posts before. In a nutshell it is a U.N. Agenda that seeks to make the protection of our rights under the U.S. Constitution null and void in order to "save the earth." I finally have found something that explains it pretty simply in only 15 minutes and there are links to added resources for more information. I have no financial interest in this video. I simply think every person in the world should know what's on the agenda for his own country, since this is not limited to the United States http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfUIWMQ92RU&feature=youtu.be What do you all think of this? It appears to be a non-partisan issue, since presidents from both parties in the U.S.have signed on to it and people from both major parties are fighting it. It's more like a politicians against the people they represent issue. If you live in a rural area and want to stay there, watch out. Take a good look at the map of the U.S. and see how few cities are targeted as places for citizens to live. Please don't respond to this until after you watch the video.
@peavey (16866)
That's a very good explanation of Agenda 21. I like the end of it where it actually gives hope that there is something to be done about it. For the most part, all I've heard about Agenda 21 is discouraging to the point of making one want to give up and let the "powers that be" run right over us. Whether there is real hope is yet to be seen, but it's worth a fight.
@bagarad (12732)
• Paso Robles, California
That's why I will fight. Even if we don't win, we will know we've done all we can to preserve our liberty. If we don't replace the president with someone who opposes this, as well as the Senate so that a majority of them oppose this, we haven't a chance. So one thing we must do here in the U.S. is rally behind candidates who oppose Agenda 21.
@peavey (16866)
I agree.
It will be well to remember that the rich have become rich because of the support that they are receiving from everyone below them. That will be their workforce. If there are no people working for them, they will never get rich. It will be well for the politicians to realize that they are seated because, they are expected by the populace to serve the good of the general public.
@knicnax (2234)
Sorry I can't watch the video right now. The Internet connection is very slow. Anyway, there are only a few senators here in the Philippines who are championing environmental laws and pushing for the protection of our environment. Sure our country has our own version (agenda 21 fitted for the Philppines), but the problem is that people are either too ignorant or too apathetic More people should be aware about Agenda 21 and should take an active part in preserving the environment. I think that saving the environment and making the earth more sustainable isn't at the hands of the government at all. It should come from within us. Let's face it, if people won't follow all the acts and laws about conserving the environment, the environment would continue to deteriorate
@bagarad (12732)
• Paso Robles, California
Agenda 21 is insidious because it uses the environment as an excuse for redistributing the wealth of nations and taking control of every citizens life -- right down to where they will be able to live and work and whether they will have any rights to their private property. Americans are facing new regulation after new regulation in their cities and counties that are supposedly to help the environment -- that's just the excuse they give so that people won't fight them. But what they really want is total control over how how we live our lives. They want a system of centralized planning that has failed in every country where it's been tried, leaving those countries much worse off than they were. Please do watch the video if you can. People in local communities know what they need better than someone in the national government. But, instead, Agenda 21 is designed to have the U.N.telling countries what to do and the national governments of those countries telling the state and local governments what they have to do.
I have viewed the video. Luckily for me, I managed to. The kind of sustainable development being talked about in agenda 21 is way far too different from the sustainable development which is being promulgated in the Philippines. Here, it is planting trees in open government lands. NGOs and students are the ones who are spearheading this project since the 1970s yet. Then, there is the cleaning of the canals, the streets and the waterways. The bigger picture is taking care of the watershed areas. All really good ones. Plus, making manufacturing companies observe all the needed measures to make sure that the operations of their plants are not polluting the air, the water and the land around them. Agenda 21 is way too different. I agree with bagarad that this something which must never get implemented. May the Americans be successful in their efforts to crush agenda 21 from its very seed. Never allow it to sprout from its seed, everyone. Have a good day, bagarad.
@sierras236 (2740)
Yeah, they clearly have no clue about the environment, earth or anything "green."
@bagarad (12732)
• Paso Robles, California
Could you explain the "they" in this comment? Who are they?
@flowerchilde (12547)
Thanks, I've bookmarked this and put it on my list of videos to watch.. likely later today while washing dishes.
@bagarad (12732)
• Paso Robles, California
There will be a speaker on this topic at our tea party meeting tonight. I've heard him before, but I'm too sick to attend tonight. I did record him the last time I heard him and it's on You Tube. But video I posted here deals directly with Agenda 21.
India's way of containing concentration of wealth around a chosen few is slightly different in that efforts are being made to put in place the Lokpal bill http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Lokpal_Bill which will take care of corruption and most of the wealth is amassed by corrupt methods. Rather than blindly take away wealth which many a time could have been amassed by healthy means it would be wise to have a global anti corruption agenda instead. And again concentrating merely on the big fish would be wrong as we alll know that drops make an ocean. There are these small guys too who may have used illegal means to gather wealth and these could account for larger sums. Just a thought.
@bagarad (12732)
• Paso Robles, California
As our American founding fathers wisely said when they wrote our Constitution, power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Over the years, those in power have been getting by with ignoring the Constitution and assuming powers not given them, and the branches that were supposed to balance the power let them get by with it. Now some of these, including our president and some radicals groups who support him, are pushing to throw out our Constitution and write a new one that does not protect our liberties. They blame our Constitution for our economic problems when the real problem is they need to live under the Constitution again, and stop stealing the powers the federal government isn't authorized to have -- powers which rightfully belong to the states and the people.
I am very much interested to watch the video. I will surely find time for it late at night when the internet signal is much much stronger. My interest on this matter is really deep since, whatever is happening in the US of A is being fed unto the Filipino people. That is how entangled our government is with yours. For years now, there are so many things happening around here that we, the populace, do not generally approve of.
@bagarad (12732)
• Paso Robles, California
A lot of us in the USA don't approve of these things either.
@knicnax (2234)