Would you respect your arrogant boss??

Indonesia
It’s another annoying thing around us. I work in big company with good management. There always role position in this management and people who sit on high position sometime looks like too proud and arrogant, think they’re the best and must be respect by other. But must be underline several months ago our company still have branch manager who is very friendly and down to earth. He love to send motivation word through email without choose each other. He make us feel so close and respect him very much. But then, he have to move to another branch office and replace by new branch manager. Sadly, they are two very different person. It’s like the devil and angel, they are opposite each othere. This new boss is known very arrogant. When he walk in front of the employee he will only smile and give greeting to employee who have high position in office and ignore other, like they are invisible. Huhhhh… so sad!! Longer he’s here make us understand that he only want to know his certain employee, not all employee. It’s like he decide who is deserve to receive his regard and not. The way he ignore us is showing how arrogant he is! Must say : I can’t affor him for a Respect! How about you if you were on my position, would you respect your arrogant boss even he ignore you when you give him a greeting or he act like don’t see you when he walk in front of you??
@adhyz82 (36289)
hm....thats the work.. sometimes we get a great manager or leader, but sometimes some of us really frustrated when their boss is really never respecting them.. i think you must be yourself.. don`t do only for attracting his attention and respect.. do your job with professionalism and let him value you
I understand that fact, adhyz, but it feels worst when you try to give him some greeting and he act like doesn’t see your presence and it not only happen to me, but to almost all the employee. It seems like he only care about his self and his career. Huffftttt….!! Do ever experience this too?? How do you feel and what did you do?
@adhyz82 (36289)
my boss did not like that..but the worker like me who act like that.. it`s terrible than your boss.. i understand the boss like that because they are boss. but if the worker do like that??
may be they are senior worker or worker who sit in high position, adhyz?? And they feel superior than other?
@seemared (771)
my boss is a kind or very stupid and kind of likes girls..something like a girl addict..but never falls for one.. he isnt arrogant but neither anyone likes him at the office..Many wonder how his wife stays with him all this time..
So, you would say in other word that your boss is playboy?? Never doubt the boss for the girl, they always has 1001 way to make girl not reject him, yeah except girl like me. The conclution is those girl are much more stupid than your boss, right?
@seemared (771)
nope..girls love flirting at some times but at office hrs its strict work..at intervals its like a romantic arena at boss's cabin..
woooww…. It seems like he’s really crazy boss who like to seek the chance??
@manforum (135)
if me, i just respect him as my boss, if he not my boss more, i will not respect him.
hi, manforum, welcome to mylot, Don’t you think his arrogant attitude make you feel broken as the employee?? How do you still respect him?
I think there is a very thin line with regard to bosses - they can either be complete (not-so nice term) or saviors within minutes. I am not wondering that you like your former boss becuase he was good, friendly and he does care for you and your fellow employees. And I'm also not surprised that you hate your current boss becuase he thinks he's someone. I cannot hazard a guess on how difficult a boss may be but you have a logical assumption that your boss is a complete idiot and an arrogant at that. In my opinion, it might be becuase he has the power to 'lord' over you and basically, you can't refuse him. If I were in your situation, I will also hate his guts. However, I can remedy that by not giving my respect. Respect is given to those who work and deserve it. So far, he hasn't done a respectable thing. I can give him the barest respect for a person but that the only thing I;m willing to give. I'm not gonna stoop to his level, that's for sure.
Hi, jeanneyvone, I just wish that he’s rarely in office than see his arrogant face. He’s the number on in office, yeah I know that, but he should give us good example and leadership. do you have personal experience related this discussion?
@enelym001 (8333)
Was experienced having someone in the office having that kind of attitude too. Although I don't give my respect on that kind of person, I still try to because that is what's expected. But people should know that to gain respect from others he should also give them respect. They might think they're respectable but nope, it's just how it should be and once he's no longer in the company, I am sure he will just be ignored. Unlike that one that we liked, we still give them due respect everywhere we see them.
That’s right, we can’t respect that kind of person except for formality. When they are just same employee may I can just ignore him, but the worst thing is when he is your boss
@jagjit273 (1740)
Hmm No I wont respect such a boss How ignore me.I usually treat the people the way they treat me. have a Nice day
hi, jagjit, same principle with me here. it's very hard to me to respect such a person like that. boss doesn't mean he is king of everything or must be respect especially when he show how arrogant he is. boss should be take care everyone and give good example, right??
@jpso138 (7844)
I sure know what you mean. For I have a boss who is like that. Though he may be arrogant in a different manner. But the thing is, the person is still the boss and no matter what happens, the boss is the boss. You may not want to respect the person for being what he is but I guess you have to respect his position. For as long as it does you no harm, then I think you do not have to worry with that. Just do your job well, and respect each one in the company, you will surely do fine. Just hope that your boss will change or perhaps later on, a new boss will take over with a better attitude.