relationships and you- lots of aquiantances or a few close friends?

@talker1 (148)
New Zealand
As we all grow from being babies to toddlers to children to teens and then to being adults if we are lucky maybe those same relationships or friendships depending on how you look at it will carry with you well into your adult life. However as we walk into our adult years- ie (age 19years onwards) for some of us sustaining the relationship will be easy for others it wont be. For me now then i am getting on in my years I have asked my self the above question? how about you?
@megamatt (14333)
I think that I have a few rather good friends. Very recently, I have been careful to reclassify who I consider to be friends, rather than just someone that I get along with well enough, but really they're just a really good acquaintance. There are times recently where the word "friend" gets thrown around a bit too fast and loose for my liking. I think that those relationships that we sustain later into our life until childhood, is something to behold. But sadly friends move on, life goes on, our interests change, and we do not have as much as in common. Friends become as distant as strangers and sometimes people that you just merely get along with grow into friends over time. Life is just a strange and wonderful thing in that way.
@jkct02 (2859)
almost all my best friends now are my high school mates. I feel that most people would have made good friendships in their high school or college days because it is at that age that people would develop from teenagers to young adults. Their philosophy on life and personal values also take shape during such period. As for sustaining relationships, there are many factors that can strengthen or weaken one, such as distance, time, work, personality, and hobby. If friends live far a part, naturally they will meet less and overtime, they will develop their own circle of friends. They will change from close friends to just friends. As we can not control the circumstances, we can only let it happen naturally. All we can do is to treasure the friends that we are having now. There can be no replacement for having a real friend.