The Constitutional Crisis

Hello Lotters, Or should we say the EXECUTIVE & LEGISLATIVE vs JUDICIAL match! banging on each other. But I believe it all started when GMA (president then) decided for an overnight appointment of a lot of officials in her favor. and one of them is definitely Judge Corona. Though majority of the people, and the legislative department believe that the highest officer in the Supreme is unbelievably siding with the Arroyo's in his past decisions. It has led the other parts of the Government to finally act of something that's never been done before..that is to impeach the Supreme Court Chief. I agree with one of the people who were interviewed regarding this matter that Judges of the Supreme Court should also be Voted by the People and not appointed, same goes to the Head of the Ombudsman. but it's just me.
But what's more surprising is that most of those officials who participated in the signature campaign admitted that they did not read the whole document in that campaign.
Hello Piloncitos, That's a lot of documents to read. but still i think it's the administrations fault, otherwise, it won't get into this trouble in the first place. so many troubles now in the country and now the Three Separate powers are against each other.
We don't expect our government officials to be lazy. If it takes them one whole day to read it, then by all means they should do so. It is prudent for people in power to protect the interest of the general public. But since there's no point in crying over spilled milk, what only needs to be done now is to learn from this experience. Otherwise, we will just end up repeating the mistakes of the past.
Hate to rain on your parade but we seem not to learn some points in history. History, as they ay, has a habit of repeating itself and sometimes people opt not to learn. We all suffer the consequences of the action of people in power who should have known better. Nuff said.
@eileenleyva (9365)
The Judiciary is the branch of government wherein the members earned their posts. They are there because they studied the law and had sworn to uphold the law. The people, us, put our trust in their wisdom. That is why we call them judges or justices, precisely because they could administer good judgment and give justice for all. Now, when a Chief Justice gets appointed, questionably on a midnight, there, right away is something fishy. Corona should have known better to decline the midnight appointment. Sigh! Sayang! Like Merceditas Gutierrez, Gloria Arroyo, Abalos, and many more, if only they thought more about the plight of the people, become selfless, they could have achieved greatness instead of shame.
Hello Eileen, Indeed correct. It's sad that Judge Crown there is trying to get the sympathy of the people. would have been better if they are voted by lawyers instead and the people also instead of the President himself.I guess the temptation is REALLY STRONG to boot. and that's why the best of us are leaving teh country
Knight, I am one of the best but I am staying. So do my two girls who are really contributing to the betterment of this nation. The sooner the impeachment is done, the better we can move on. We really have to clean up, starting from our leaders.
The notion of voting for the highest position of the Supreme Court is very tempting. However, I think that the notion of voting is a very complicated process, since it involves too many people and people usually vote with their emotions or to the candidate who provides the most engaging entertainment and the celebrities. In my opinion, voting is like a popularity contest. Then again, the same goes for appointments. However, at least qualifications matter and the record should always speak for itself. But then again, that's just me. I think the constitutional crisis scenario is possible. Two of the branches are already sided with a clear leader. If you put another branch, that makes three. I would question the how the 'check and balance' system would work on that situation. I cannot predict this situation since I don't exactly own an accurate crystal ball. However, if this trial is going to proceed, I'm thankful for the cable.
Hello Jeanne, I still think it was the Aquino's Administration's fault for failing to early file a case of corruption against CGMA. of course, now case was filed after the TRO was filed which was very fastly done. too bad Corona was doing his job now gets suspecious of being a true arroyo loyalist. I don't Corono would have allowed a TRO if a Charges were already filed first