Do you say sorry when you forget a persons name?

No,I don't say sorry because they never know I forgot their name. I will say girl you look good or man you look great. Before,I ever say sorry what is your name again.. I will always forget peoples names it is just how my brain is.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Well how else would you know who it is later? Of course I say I am sorry and ask what his or her name is again. The more I hear it, the less likely I'd forget it next time..:)
I just ask someone else who knows them like me. It normally would be a mutual friend around.
Oh yeah, if a mutual friend is around, that is one way to avoid the embarrassment of forgetting someone's name..But really I am sure, unless the person was a total jerk, people forget names all the time..I also see that this is the post with the rude tagging, I hope admin removes it, that isn't right..
@jaiho2009 (39021)
Oh yes, this memory gap. This always happens to me with new acquaintances. So,I say sorry and ask their name again (duh!) blame it to my poor memory :(
That is just what I will blame it on. MY memory is horrible.
@asliah (11149)
hi, yes, i always say that when i forgot the name of a person,especially those people who only met in public places like malls and in travel too.
It is actually rare for me to forget a person's name if I'm able to see their face because I've got a photographic memory when it comes to names and faces. However, when I'm talking to someone on the phone, I might forget the name of the person that I'm talking to and when that happens I will be honest and let someone know that I'd forgotten their name. Typically after I'm reminded of a name once, I will not forget a person's name again.
@megamatt (14331)
If I can't remember a person's name, then likely I'm going to spend more time, trying to use any kind of delay tactic that I can manage to really figure out the person's name then I will be apologizing about forgetting their name. Hopefully that it pops in my mind or I can get them to reveal it, without actually admitting that they forget their name. Thankfully it does not happen to me as much as used to. Of course, it really does just slap me right in the face when I run into someone from school. That I really don't remember then. Then again, I'm sure I remember approximately 10 percent of the people I attended school with, that being the people I still talk to and about 20 percent off the top of my head. When people say hello, I'm all like, "what is their name?" Very frustrating, when you haven't seen a person for years.
@Lhenni (1246)
*LOL ... I do the same like you giftsan! And If time I will meet a common friend of us, I asked the common friend what's the name of the person I forgot. I'm just giving myself a funny reason why it's okay to forgot some because I got operated with 4X major full anaesthesia *LOL
@bjc66bjc (6745)
Hi gifts, I obviously is one preference to say sorry or not, but I do now have a problem letting others know I forgot their names...I meet and know a lot of people because I use to work in the public sector...SO I don't really feel obligated to know everyones name... My approach is instantly. omg I forgot your name but I do remember your smily, or cute, or manly or whaatever face.. I think people can deal with the honesty... I alway put it one the my SENIOR MOMEMT...WHY NOT???????
Mine too! But I can remember faces from years ago. I am terrible at names.
I say sorry i am terrible with names what is yours again and allot of times they forgot mine to so i don't feel bad about it at all. I think it's actually pretty common that people for get names. I am sure we all have a lot of people to remember and some times if they don not seem significant at the moment we won't remember them.
@katie0 (5212)
• Japan
Sure, I feel bad when it happens. I never forget a face, can even recognize an actor in seconds even if he changed hair color, cut or even wearing make up but names.......sooooooo hard so I apologize about it a lot!
Sometimes, I said sorry. I'm working in a hospitality company where each employee is obliged to mention their name. I don't know why we have to call our guest on their name. Then, I would say very sorry if I didn't remember their name. So, each morning we greet our guest with their name.
Yes,i always do this ridiculous things as my memory is so bad.i have always forgotten some people's name if i haven't seen them for a long time or i know them in a short time.But i can't see "sorry" at the first when i forget their name.I will try to remind their name as possible as i can.Because forgeting someone's name is unpolite behaviour.
@SHAMRACK (8384)
Dear friend, If the one whose name I forget is really wanted one I may not say sorry but just find it from others if possible. It may depend upon the how deep relation I have with that person and also if they come for business and needed for my business I would tend to not to say sorry instead find their name at the earliest.
I find I am forgetting names more and more, but I do not ask or apologize unless I absolutely have to. We were Christmas Caroling tonight and I knew a man's name but I could not think of his wife. I just kept on going and it came to me later on. No one ever knew. I have apologized and asked if there is no other way around it.
@winterose (39921)
it just depends, sometimes I try not to let the person know I forgot their name and other times I will tell them, I have to get a feel for the situation. Sometimes they just know by the look on my face I don't remember them and they will say, you don't remember me do you, I am so and so....
@CTHanum (8254)
I will say sorry and then asked for their names. It a spontaneous thing to say sorry for forgetting their names no matter that person know or not my name. This always happen as I tend to forget names quickly. I can remember face very well but really slow in remembering others name. I am not very good in that.(^^)
Haha, this happens a lot to me. Sometimes when I see my former classmate or colleague, I forget on when and where I have met that person, and that makes me forget their names as well. I do sometimes ask their names just what you're doing and say my alibi that i easily forget people's names. lol
@WakeUpKitty (8707)
• Netherlands
It depends if I have to say the name. If so I will say I can't remember it (sorry is sometning else). As long as I can remember I forget about names (and faces). So I can have long talks with people who seem to know me but I can't remember (mostly I think it's someone my kids know so I try to be polite).