Do you have the holiday spirit?

I could not wait for this time of year to roll around. I was very excited for Christmas being it is even bigger than my birthday. I love everything but the weather. I can't get enough of the music and the movies are just awesome. I don't have any lights outside this year. I forgot to buy some. I see around the block almost everyone has their house done. What about you and your holiday? Have you put up any lights outside?
We didn't decorate for Christmas this year. We rarely ever do. I love Christmas though. All my gifts are bought. My daughter and her hubby are getting a puppy tonight. A Bassett hound that is 8 weeks old. Our chhuahua was killed by getting in the road. This pup will not be allowed out off the leash. He or she will be our Christmas present.
Oh I hope he will be let go when he is inside. That is such a nice gift. I hope you show us a picture of it.
Awww, that sounds adorable! My family usually doesn't decorate much for Christmas either (occasionally we'll have lights outside). We're just too lazy haha. But, we do get/give gifts, and all of our extended family gets together on Christmas Eve to eat dinner. Hope you two both have a great Christmas!
I am doing my best to be in the Holiday Spirit. I have some lights up, I have stockings up, I have two trees, and I have mistletoe.
Why do you have two trees?
They are both small trees, but one is the tree from "The Charlie Brown Christmas Special".
@chuyins123 (2118)
A lot of indication for the holidays and Christmas has been made here in our country from malls, stores, parks, restaurants and company buildings. Christmas in the Philippines starts from the month of september. And Yeah I sort of having that holiday spirit I am looking forward to that day that I will be going home in the province and spend time with my family...
Wow You really have a long time to enjoy the season. thought I was bad with me starting in November to rap my gifts. Sept gives you more time to shop and buy great gifts.
Yeah that's how it is here... Very long celebration...
I'm always excited for Christmas. I love spending time with my family and tho things are hard on us right now we all try to act happy just so we can have a great Christmas. I also like buying presents for everyone. At my home we dont put up lights outside but we decorated the inside alittle. The tree looks great and we have the stockings by the fireplace. I actually love the weather. I live in AZ so after the 110 degree summers 69 degrees is pretty nice.
The weather in ny is much colder. I had the heat on all day today. I will be paying for that later..
@freedomg (1684)
I have had a rough year so in all honest finding my spirit has been difficult, but normally I am a regular Mrs. Clause. I do have my porch and bushes decorated but the inside is about half of what it usually is and I haven't even started making cookies. Normally I start baking in Oct and freeze them for gift baskets, we'll see what happens.
I made gift baskets with avon products and clothing. I never thought to put cookies in them.
@jillhill (37354)
I do have lights outside....and inside it all decorated. I am having a hard time holding back though as I keep wanting to put up one more thing! LOL.....I love Christmas.....and I am done with my shopping. Right now I can enjoy the movies I so love to see like last night I watched White Christmas!
The hallmark channel has some nice ones.
@Jess1991 (77)
My dear friend, Of course I have, though I do not celebrate Christmas due to cultural circumstances but I do like the holiday. It means that I can spend my time with my lovely ones and take a break for a while. Also, new year is coming. It's almost the time for a new beginning.
Another year and another birthday..
@MandaLee (3699)
Dear Sharon, Christmas is my favorite time of year. Our outside decorations are up. Our lights are outside. The tree is just beautiful. The Christmas music is gorgeous and the movies are terrific. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Christmas is a special time to celebrate the most wonderful gift of all, the birth of Christ.
That is great and I share your feelings. I hope you have a great Christmas..
@chandu95 (242)
Yeah putting up lights outside our home comes attached with every Christmas season.. We have a very friendly neighborhood and the Xmas carols and the mess they make are exciting and awesome... We used to stay up late to see santa when we were kids and the whole neighborhood would be alive with kids...It was a pretty great time and this Christmas season reminds me about that and the good time we have with our family...
I could not stay up that late when I was a child. I was so excited I could not keep my eyes open. I hope you have a great Christmas.
@aghiuta (526)
Yes ! We put up the lights outside,last month,tried to do it before the canadian winter starts! But this year Mother nature had a good laugh! Today is the first cold day -8C (20 Farenheit) Do not even know if we will have a white Christmas!That will be a new one!The neighborhood and the city looks great,but if it snows it will be fairy tale beautiful!
@TrvlArrngr (4058)
I do have the holiday spirit though I did not put lights outside either. Just didnt have the money to replace my old lights and they didnt work when I took them out. I do haev a wreath on the door though - lol.
Frankly I'm just not in the holiday frame of mind this year. No Christmas tree, no outside lights...though I have watched a few Christmas shows with my daughter. Just not feeling the holiday spirit this year...I'm ready for spring already. :)
@minimoyz (277)
The holiday spirit is with me. It started when they say that it's just a 100 days before Christmas. I set up my tree in the living room and made the lights to work again outside. Even though this is have the last importance I see to myself at least to put up a decoration somewhere around the house. This give me peace and joy to put this things together. But off course the reason we are doing this is not for show only, we also must remember Jesus Christ. I also attend the mass at the eve of Christmas. Merry Christmas to you and a Happy NEw year too!
Not in the traditional sense, but hubby and I are looking forward to getting out of here for our Christmas vacation on Sunday! ;)
I so have holiday spirit.and I've already counted Xmas a month ago since it's the memorial day of me and my baby.Last year he asked me to be his GF in Christmas.how times flies~~~BTW,in china we people are more willing to celebrate the spring festival which family get together, eating, laughing and sharing.And dad mom&I always stay up until the 24:00.for us,after 24:00 the brand new year finally comes!
I live in apartment and money is very tight this year. I well be lucky for the few gifts i can get my daughters but i am still happy for what is going on with life and thankful i am with the ones i love. i am trying hard to keep thing on the up side of things. I think the best gift i got this year is my daughters and family. the time we get together means a lot to me. I believe that is what the holiday spirit truly means. to show the ones you love that you care and to help others as you can the small things in life are what mean the most.
@megamatt (14333)
No lights outdoors this years. Given that there have been some people who have stolen Christmas decorations in years past around here, it's just something that I don't feel the need to sink money in. And it's nothing more dangerous than a bunch of punk teenagers, who have to ruin the Christmas season for a lot of us through their delinquent activities. Still I do find myself playing Christmas music a lot. Christmas music is something that never fails to really get me in the holiday mood. There are a lot of great specials around the year. I think that finally, I might be feeling that it is Christmas that is coming up. It did take a bit longer this year. It just doesn't feel like Christmas.
@sid556 (31018)
Oh I love Christmas! I love the get togethers and seeing everyone all excited and happy. I even love the weather. I really really love the snow. I love all of it and even the gift giving part. The part I don't like and battle myself against is the money part of it. Money is so very tight and a part of me will always battle that I can't give what I wish I could. I never "feel" that I do enough. It's dumb, I know because that's not what it's about and my family is always fine with what I'm able to do. I just get in that spirit and I "want" to give way more than I am able to. I struggle with it every year and I know it's wrong but I do. Your previous discussion about sewing gave me an idea. My daughter had the cutest little tote bag that she bought. It was made from a tank top with just the bottom sewed up. I have a stack of little tank tops that I will never wear in new condition that I think I'll sew and make some gift bags. I am also going to make up some Kaluha and give to those who are of age. It'll all work out. It just seems as though it's one thing after another that brings me back to what's really important...the spirit. I had saved up 50.00 towards buying gifts...guess what? My brake line went in my car...there goes that. Then My daughter who has my 11 month old grandson, can't afford a tree.My oldest daughter and I went halves on a tree for her.Good grief. The presents just are not going to be much but we'll have a great time. I know we will...we always do.
@Lhenni (1246)
This year, we prefer not to use christmas light outside and inside the house. We had it last year but not now. My husband just don't want some... and I don't make an argument with him with that. He said he concerns our safety... be it! But we had some christmas decors inside the house... and a little christmas tree of 3 feet only... and wrapped gifts around... and most importantly, the spirit of Christmas is really rolling in my heart! Like my kids... I'm so excited too for the Christmas to come! Happy holiday!
@stephcjh (32385)
I am trying my best to have the holiday spirit. I am not sure if I actually have it though. There is just so much going on that needs taken care of so we can all be happy.