Will making payments keep it off my credit report?

I just got a call from a bill collector. Something that never happens so I was like oh well... So,I got the info to put in my bank so I can start making payments. She said,it is about to hit my credit report. I don't have the money to pay it off right now. I can make small payments till it is paid off tough. I am hoping this will not hit my credit report while I am making payments. Please let me know what will happen. Thanks
@Dominique25 (9476)
I think how it works is that once it gets sent to a collection agency it's on your credit. But if you are making payments then they may be able to note that. I understand not being able to pay things off right away. You just have to do what you can. But you can check like chacha or other online question places as well.
I know it is not there as of yet. I hope it does not get there by Jan..
I'm glad that it's not there. It's hard to build credit after you've got bad credit. I hope that soon you will be able to pay it off. Then you won't have to worry about it anymore. Hope you have a good day.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Gifts, If your bill has already gone to a collector then it will hit your credit report unless you pay it off in full in whatever time they give you. It went to a creditor because you did not keep up with your payments so it is already in the 2nd stages of the process. There is no getting around it...your credit is damaged. You can make the payments to the collector and once the bill is paid off then it takes 7 yrs to remove it from your record ...unless things have changed on that.
@winterose (39932)
I don't know how it works in the usa but yes in canada it will save your credit rating.
@francesca5 (1344)
sorry, i shouldn't ask this question, but are you sure this isn't some scam, with someone trying to get money from you you don't owe by threatening you with a poor credit report. many years ago i remember receiving some payment card through the post asking for payment for something, insurance i think it was, but i knew we were paying it by a standing order, but my gullible ex husband was so worried he wanted to pay it. so it wouldn't surprise me if there aren't a few people out there claiming people owe money they don't.
@stephcjh (32385)
I am not sure if it will still affect your credit report or not. I am thinking it will since the money paid in full is delinquent. I'm not sure though.
hi gifts I had a debt with Sears that I nev er co uld get paid off and now its been ten years so its finally off my credit account. so I think it I w anted to get a credit card I could but I do not want that. I u se my debit card instead and know I am always paid up and not in debt. now the ambu lance company I have the one account paid upo, but will start payments in January on t he 100 dollar one,as I had p aid down from one hundred fifty so why on earth don't they trust me as they keep threatening a bill collector and I have already paid fifty and one fifty to them . so i just ignore the threats and make the payments. they really gouge people withe their impossibly high 'prices.I would think making payments could keep them off your neck'but if not try using a company that will go to bat for you and get the bills reduced because they nake your creditor lower the interest to a rate you can afford to pay and this saves your credit record too.
If you keep in contact with the bill collector and do as you say you are going to do then it shouldn't hit your credit report. If it is a certain amount of days late they can and will report it. If they do it takes FOREVER to get it off. Keep in contact and there should not be a problem.