I want to make something now that kay is home

I was not in the crafting mood all season. Now,that my baby is home I was thinking we could make something crafty. Like maybe a stocking with a k or s on it. I don't know where to go other than Micheal's which is so costly. The dollar store might have something for us. I will as her if she wants to make one.. Are you enjoying anything crafty this Holiday season...
@jillhill (37383)
I did a ton of things......and one that was so easy was the book wreath. It was so easy. If you go on youtube they have tons of different things to do that don't cost alot of money. LIke the wreath cost me only four dollars. But the dollar store does have alot of cute stockings! YOu could just add the K in rhinestones or something like that.....maybe buttons? I save all the buttons from blouses etc before I throw them!
@coffeebreak (17820)
Michaels always has a 40-50% off coupon in the paper or join their email list for your store and they email it to you every week. I get one every week and often 2! But use it for a stocking craft. My problem is that the coupon is for a regular priced item and it is hard for me to find a regular priced item...everything is always on sale and at pretty good prices, so I don't know about expensive..and I am a frugal kind of person. Many times I have walked otu of the store with purchases..and the coupon in my hand as everything I wanted was on sale (good sale) and I couldn't find anything else to get it at half off! Dollar stores have plain stockings too and then you could get some glitter and buttons and ribbons and things like that and decorate it yourself. I let my kids do that one year (many years ago!) and they loved it.
@lexx87 (1711)
• Mexico
I love craftings , but michaels is a little expensive you can make all the crafs you want. I hope you can find it, there is a lot of blogs of sites you can learn to make crafts or similar in michaels, there is a site of michaels with crafts for made in home.
How about ornaments for the Christmas tree? I used to make tons of them when I was younger! And working with children now, we made these candy canes out of beads and pipe cleaners! They were so easy and fun to make! The kids loved them! and so did I! I have 3 of them on my tree! Here's a link to make them: http://www.education.com/activity/article/beaded-candy-cane-ornaments/ (Not a referral link) You can really use any type of beads you want! And you can put them on your Christmas tree.