What will you do for Christmas day?

Although I am 24 years old and have 3 children of my own, I still go to my parent's house for Christmas. I have yet to learn the art of cooking Christmas dinner, and to be honest, its the one day of the year I get to be semi-childish again. My mum cooks for us all, and I get to open gifts with all the family. I am reluctant to give up this one thing from my childhood. My partner's family are allowed to visit us the day after Christmas, but Christmas day is always spent with my family. My mum even fills a stocking for me every year and brings it round on Christmas Eve so I won't miss out when my partner and 3 kids look in theirs (filled by me, obviously!). I can't imagine a Christmas at home without my mum and dad, my sister and nephew, and my Grandma.
@Arieles (2474)
Sounds like your Christmas's are very special, from the Christmas dinner, time spent with the family, right down to the stockings. Sounds like a Christmas I would enjoy. The best part of the holiday is spending it with loved ones, after all they are what makes Christmas...Christmas. What a blessing you have with your three children and your family. Merry Christmas.
@lilaclady (28240)
Christmas is a very sad day for me, now that my parents are gone, it just isn't the same, I will probably stay on here with my Mylot friends and think of the good days
Thats a great idea:)
@kenzie45230 (3560)
My family is spread out, so I won't be seeing anyone but my hubby and son. This year, Christmas is on a Sunday, so first off, we'll be off to church. We'll also go to 2 services on Christmas Eve.
@jambi462 (4598)
I will start off my Christmas day most likely by either eating breakfast with my family and my step-dad's side of the family or we will start off by opening the presents right away. So the members of my family that will be their includue me, my brother, my mom, my stepdad, my stepsister, and my two step brothers hopefully. I really enjoy my stepdads part of the family and it's nice to have a bigger family than just my bloodline parts of my family. After we get all the christmas celebrating done we will probably be eating lunch and dinner together I would assume. I will definitely be watching a lot of NBA games though, because the Nba season debuts on Christmas Day. Basketball is my favorite sport and basically the only sport that I actually follow. I will be sure to watch the Dallas Mavericks, New York Knicks, Oklahoma City Thunder, and all of the other teams as well. Either way I'm really looking forward to everything that's going to happen on Christmas Day.
@anne25penn (3310)
I hope that hubby will get his leave approved for Christmas day. I have asked him to file it early last month and we are hoping it gets approved because he said that his supervisor told him that all leave slots have already been filled in. We hope to spend Christmas day watching a movie and eating out. But if his leave doesn't get approved then I would have to go to my aunts' house to spend Christmas day with them. I haven't gotten around to buy hubby a Christmas gift yet, but I am planning to do so within the next few days.
I am spending the time with my girlfriend they invited me to her house, i will kinda feel lonely inside because my family is gone for Christmas to my country so i am all alone only person i have is my girlfriend :). Its the first time so i hope i will enjoy it and not be sad
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
We always spent Christmas Eve late afternoon and early evening at my parents. We had supper and open gifts and then went home and watched the kids open gifts. Christmas Day Noon was Christmas dinner at the in-laws. After dinner was gift opening and then we usually stayed for the afternoon and supper as well, unless we were invited somewhere else later in the day. It is good to have those wonderful times and memories. I sure miss those days. Enjoy them while you can.
@Fishmomma (11452)
I will spend the day with my husband. We will go out to eat and then I'll be on line in the evening. Sounds like your holidays are very busy. Happy holidays
@cher913 (25890)
i am 50 and have two teenagers and still go to my mom's for Christmas because she alone (my dad passed away in 2009), so enjoy your parents while you can.
@dodo19 (33627)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'll be spending Christmas with my family. It's usually the way that I spend Christmas. I spend time with family, while opening presents, and such. It's a nice way to spend the holidays.