have you ever found money

Thailand
hi all . have you ever found any thing expensive or big money in the street and what you do ? im asking this question because just today i found iphone ( with the sim card on ) in the road at early morning . so it still with me now and the phone is still open so im waiting for any one to call me so i can give him the mobile back.
@thesids (22524)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi george I must say what you are doing is great no doubt. But I would also suggest in case anyone doesnt call back you can hand it over to the local cops and they can try to find who the owner is. As for finding big money in the street... nope. I havent had any such chance... and as such I cannot be sure what will I do with it at that time... Depends on the situation I am in and the circumstances. I know this is wrong and I will DO try to find the owner and hand it over but... In case I dont... then? I will not go to the COPS as at my place they are more greedy and I would be framed for theft or anything worse. With the option of cops ruled out... the only way I can use this money is to donate it to some local orphanage or some charity. I will NOT use any of that amount for me.
• Thailand
the first thing that i will do tomorrow morning before goin to my work that i will send it to the nearest police station.because im sure they have the righ way to contact the phone owner .anyways i really just wonder why the phone owner ( or any one ) call that number all the day .it is really strange .
@thesids (22524)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Maybe the owner has called up the iPhone call center and told them that he has lost it... and they have blocked that Cell
@davaome (1828)
in all honesty if it was money and of course it doesn't have a name on it, i would keep it, but like what you just found a very expensive phone, i would do the same and wait, but if their are photos or any information inside the phone like name of the owner you could try looking for her on facebook or in twitter. then it would be easier to return the phone. Good to hear people like you still are around in the world.
• Thailand
you really give me great idea . and i will try to do that now ,( im just never use the iphone so i really dont know how to use it ) and the screen is just looked ( i mean if i touch the screen it just show me that i have to write password) .so that im still hope some one call me to ask about it.
@davaome (1828)
aw, password, hmmm, no chance in getting info, well no other way but to wait...
Heh george202 that is very sweet of you and also the right thing to do. Hopefully more people are like you.. I am telling this because I have had bad experiences with losing something. I lost my purse and the person send my cards and ID's back and took the cash and the Hilfiger purse :( Recently there was this one time I found a purse on the road with decent amount of cash and few cards. Luckily for me the person had his ID card in the purse and was living just 2 streets away from where I am put up. When I reached his place he was in a state of panic, searching for his purse.. It did feel really grt giving it back and I was happy I had found it rather than someone else.
• Thailand
what you did is really great . and i know it is really nice feeling when you feel that you helped some one to find important thing for him . is same will be your feeling if you lost important thing and then you see there are some one who care to give it back to you
@garson (887)
Few years ago when I was living in Colorado, I found an i-pod at a concrete closed to a bus stop. That one may not be such an expensive value nowadays, but I secured it. I posted a notice in that bus stop. Few days later, a student called me and he claimed it. He must have been catching a bus when he dropped that i-pod.
Hello george202! I have experienced finding money in the most unexpected places. Of course, if I knew who owns it, then I would give it back. Or, if I saw who dropped it, I would gladly give it back. But if I saw it and no one seems to be looking for it, then I'd most likely keep it. Were you able to give back the iPhone to the owner?
@globaldoc (860)
This has happened to me actually. I found an expensive phone on the floor. As I looked around, there was no one looking for a phone. I tried to call but there was no phone number in the directory. In fact, there was no sim card. I had to bear the difficulties of having to keep it for myself. LOL...
@jdyrj777 (6563)
Yes, i have found money before. Strange enough it will be a amount that is equivelant to what i needed. Almost like a God sent. once we found a cell phone we call some numbers on it and found the owner. They then came and got it.
@aerous (13482)
I still not experience to found something big like what you found in the street, my friend... When I was a kid I found some money worth P5 cents, 10 cents and 2 pesos before. I can't able to get back those money because I found them in river where we are always going to catch a fish... As a kid I am happy to have it, my friend. When I go home I ask my friend to go with me and buy some candy and you know how many candies that I buy with my 10 cents? We buy 10 candies and we are happy about it... But now 10 cents is no value at all and nothing can buy even a piece of candy...
@CTHanum (8255)
Your story reminds me of the branded phone I found a few months ago. I have found it on street and I handed it to the police station nearby. I don't want to wait for someone to call me so I just let the police find the owner. You could do the same as well.(^^)
• Slovenia
hello! I haven't found any money on the streets myself, but years ago when I was smaller my mom and dad found a wallet with quite some cash in and handed it over to the police as there was id and cards in it too, so I guess if you find anything its best to hand it to police, but what when hard times are here, then I don't know what I'd do, but sometimes you could use some help you know and if you find cash only without wallet you can hardly find the person that lost it, however its different for things, likein your case, so that's nice you're planning on returning it.
@anil02 (2886)
Hello, I never found any expensive or big money in the street. your attitude for a found thing is appriciatable. You must be wait of its real owner for a enough time. If no one claim it than deposite it with police. it is good habit to keep a found thing.
Hi George, Yes, I have found money before. I found a $20 bill in the street right beside where our car was parked. I opened the door to get out and there it was.. so it made its way into my pocket. I also found a $50 bill in the grocery store before, but I took it to the office and the person there said he would keep it in an envelope marked found on floor... in case anyone asked about lost money. I don't know what would happen if no one claimed it, but I feel it would belong to the store and not to me who found it.
@megamatt (14340)
If it something personal like an IPhone or a wallet, then naturally I would return it. Obviously there would be a rather low thing to do, as that thing can be easily returned if you find identification. One could argue that it was a good thing that the wrong person did not pick that up, because identity theft is a rather serious and common thing right there. Actual money lying on the parking lot, having been dropped, that's mine. If a person cared, they would keep better track of it. There have been times where I have found some coins and a couple of dollar bills. You'd be surprised how inattentive people are. Personally my hand is my pocket every five seconds to make sure my wallet is still there. That is just how careful (some would say paranoid) that I personally am.
@maximax8 (27059)
I was 20 to 21 years old on my trip around the world. I was at a wind swept place in the south part of Sydney. I went to the toilet and found a fifty Australian dollar note on the floor. Also on that trip I was walking along the beach and found a Swatch. That is a type of watch. It lasted four months. Since then until this year each watch I had was a Swatch. This time around I bought a different make of watch in the same color as my coat.
@shrmanoj (384)
You are really a great person in the world in my view, and I am sure that you will return it too. Thanks for this question also, Actually I am a shop owner here and I had also found a wallet, full of money where it has Rs.60,000 ?(about $800), but truely I returned it to the owner.
@JER616 (551)
I suggest you browse into the contacts listed on the ipod and ask who is the owner of the unit. But be careful, be sure to ascertain the relationship of the unit's owner to the person you called. If such person knows the owner so much, you can inform how you got the ipod and how the owner can get it back from you. Waiting for her to just call is a passive thing to do I guess. The owner might not know her number in the first place.
@derek_a (10905)
Yes, I have found large amounts of money seveal times and always taken it to the local police station. I feel that for me, this integrity it important. I always endeavour to think of others like I think of myself. I would not like to lose money because I can't really afford to, and in the past it would have caused huge poblems. On one occastion when I was working as a musician. I left my wallet in the dressing room and came home. It had all my money in there as I had just been paid by the club I was working at. Sitting at home, I suddenly realized that I did not have my wallet. It was late at night and the club had closed. I went back the following morning but it had gone. And nobody knew anything about it. But I knew that I had left it on top of a water heater in there. I never did get that money back and it was awful because it was coming up to Xmas and I had not bought any presents or anything else that we needed. It ended up a poor Xmas for my and my family, and I would dread to think of somebody else in that position who were worse off than me. At least I still had a job and could carrying on working to get some money. But there are others without a job and would be even worse, so I would not like to put anybody through that. To me as a Zen practitioner now, I can see that as a lesson in understanding the problems of others and having compassion.. _Derek
@r3jcorp (1385)
Unfortunately, I am the one who losses things at the places I went to. But in case I do find one, I'll do the same noble thing that you did. Just make sure to give it to the right person. There is a time that my daughter's cellphone slip in her pocket while we are in a tricycle. So after reaching our first destination, she found out that she lost it, I used my phone to ring it. With the first minutes, I could not contact it, knowing later that the driver had to go home and ask her daughter how to operate the phone. So finally, we contacted him and went to his house. He told me that he have no intention of keeping the phone but wanted to make sure that the rightful owner will get the phone. He ask me to use the phone that I previously used to ring the phone to know that my daughter is indeed the owner. We even show him some pictures in the phone to prove it. Later on, my daughter and her daughter became facebook friends.
I didn't ever find money or purse on the street, even if I found them on the street. I will try to find who the owner of these stuff and try return them back to the owner. It's good for you to have the kind of thought of returning or wishing someone came to claim the stuff from you. You know that nowadays not many people are honest like you are. They would keep the stuff for them and try to lose the stuff.
@anweshak (32)
Hey You are doing the right thing keep it up.I never found such valuable thing in the streets in my life but there was a very strange incident that happened with me.I bought a wallet from a market.while buying the wallet i did'nt check it properly.After coming home i checked the wallet properly.At that time found a 50 ruppee note which was placed deeply inside the wallet I was amazed to see that...