What to cook in a slow cooker?

I saw a slow cooker on sale and I bought it for my partner for Christmas. Not because he would like a slow cooker, but because he likes food and I thought I could make him meals in it! I'm not much of a cook, I know I can make a chicken casserole in it, but does anyone have any ideas of other meals I could use it for?
I make all my meals in the crock pot. Last night I made ribs. Tomorrow I will make chicken and noodles. The night after I am making pork chops. I just made oxtails the other day. I make beans with dumplings. I make chicken noodle soup as well. There are plenty books you can buy at marshall's and costco and I am sure online.
I may have a look and see if I can get a book that has recipes just for the slow cooker. The chicken casserole is my mum's recipe and its lovely, especially if cooked the day before, but as I said, I don't know much about cooking
@tessa9 (1086)
I think the best bet would be beef stew. It is extremely delicious. it is good with steamed rice or bakes potatoes. The cut of the meat does not really matter since you will be cooking this for a long times. Add a stock to it. Make sure to add a little more than you think you need because this will evaporate. Add herbs like thyme and spices too depending on how you like your beef. Cook for a few hours then add carrots, potatoes and tomato paste at the last 30 minutes. There are tons of great beef stew recipe in the internet. Good Luck and Happy Holidays.
I'd have to look up a recipe, I really don't do much cooking. My kids are still at the fish fingers or chicken nuggets stage, but I'd like to get them onto home cooked meals
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
You can make soups in it, Pot roast with potatoes and carrots, cobblers, baked beans, you can just about make anything you want in it. I make chili in it. I just brown my meat on the stove and then put all the ingredients in it and let it cook. But, as it says it is a slow cooker, which takes a good portion of the day to cook. They usually come with a cookbook and there are alot of crockpot recipes on the internet.
A slow cooker can also be used when you make special home made sauces for your dish to make. I remembered my friend make his own chocolate syrup using slow cooker. I wonder why he needs rum and cake for his preparations.
@lilaclady (28240)
Yes I have seen a lot of people with these but I don't eat meat so I don't know if there is a lot I could cook in then but I have been told the food in them is beautiful..
Honestly, I can't think of anything that you can't make in a crockpot. First of all, you can make any kind of soup that you can imagine in a crock pot. I've made soup beans, chili, vegetable soup and more in mine. You can also make roast with potatos and carrots. You can make many different ethnic foods. Additionally, you can also look for crock pot or slow cooker recipes online and you will be able to find recipes for almost anything that you would like to be able to eat.
@marie2052 (3697)
I make a chicken pot pie in mine. it turns out really good, I also do slow cooked pulled pork with barbacue sauce. And I even have a recipe for turkey and dressing in a slow cooker. I will be using my slow cooker for Xmas day simmering barbecue sauce with the mini sausage wienies. I am pretty much doing finger food so there will not be a lot of cleaning up to do. Not sure how many will come I just let my son bring his friends over so they get a mneal and they play XBOX 360 or Wii. Once I set everything out, I will be enjoying my holiday sitting back and cross stitching. If you would like the recipes for any above let me know by adding me as a friend and then I can message you the recipes.