He came to surprise me but I wasn't home :(

Today I went with my parents to my uncle's house to have dinner and see my grandma since she had a basketball sized mass removed from her stomach a few days ago. I hadn't seen my boyfriend all day because he had to work at both his jobs and he was already working his second one. All of a sudden I get a text from him to go outside and look at the moon. I couldn't see the moon from where I was and I thought nothing of it. Then he called me twice in a row and I got worried something was wrong. I asked if he was ok and then he texted me and said that he was outside my house. I felt so bad because he texted me about the moon as a trick to get me to come outside and see him. It was so cute and I felt horrible I wasn't there to get his surprise visit :( At least it reminded that even though we've been together for over a year, he hasn't lost that spark and will still do things to surprise me. Sometimes he does the cutest and sweetest things...
Awww that is so sweet! He is such a romantic. You missed out on a special moment but there will be others. You went to visit grandma. You were not out with friends having fun. I am sure he understands.
Yes, he understood. I just felt bad because when I talked to him later he sounded kind of sad and I could tell how excited he was knowing he was coming to my house to surprise me. Every once in a while he'll do really cute things to surprise me, I'm just sad I had to miss this one
You are very lucky. My husband does not have a romantic bone in his body. It gets me mad sometimes but that is just the way he is. I would get the shock of my life if he surprised me with a thoughtful gesture!
I think it all depends on the guy. My dad is a lot like your husband. He is not romantic at all and sometimes it annoys my mom lol
I would have hated to miss a moment like that. Being spontaneous can be very romantic, but can also backfire on you. I hope he won't be discouraged from doing something like that again.
I know, I felt terrible that I missed it :( Every once in a while he'll do things to surprise me. One time he called and told me he left me a present outside because he got off work early and went home. So I went outside and I found him standing there! I don't think he'll get discouraged, I'm almost always home while he's working, this was just the rare occasion that I wasn't there
I'll have to speak with him, as he is making us other guys look bad. LOL. If my fiancee read this, I'd have to go do something spontaneous, and that would be extra work. Oh the horror. LOL.
lol too funny! It doesn't have to be all the time, but every once in a while it's nice to be surprised. I'm a girl and I know that the littlest surprises will make my day. lol also keep in my mind that we liked to be surprised on holidays with our presents. We love it if it's something you picked out, it's still nice if you take us somewhere to pick something out, but it's best if that's left for an occasion where you want to be spontaneous lol
@Arieles (2474)
That is the sweetest thing I have ever heard, well for a surprise visit anyways. It's to bad that you missed the visit, but what a sweet gesture and definitely romantic. Many guys don't have a clue about being romantic, so I sure hope things work out for the both of you. Maybe next time, you will be home for that surprise visit and a look at the moon.
Thank you :) He'll surprise me like that everyone once in a while. One time he told me he left a present at my door on his way home and when I went outside he was there! He really does surprise me with how sweet and romantic he can be. I always feel so lucky to have someone as amazing as him :)
@Arieles (2474)
Awe...that is so sweet! Amazing love is hard to find, so when you find, never let it go. :)
Oh that is so romantic of your boyfriend. Tricking you like that to see the moon and there he was outside. Try to reciprocate the sweetness, and do things also that can surprise him . Actually, there are a thousand cute ways to send the message of love. They keep the love alive indeed.
We're always doing little things like that to surprise each other. It's just the little things that make us happy and realize how much we love each other.
That's very nice to hear courtknee. Maintain it that way always, so the love will always be alive between you two.
• Bangladesh
Wow,thats a romantic story.I think he is so romantic and cute. Personally I would not like to miss such type of romantic moment. Wish you will love him more and more.
I really do love him. He's done cute surprises like that before, and I'm sad I missed this one because I know how excited he gets when he knows he's about to surprise me.
@davaome (1828)
what your boyfriend did is something that I would do I also tried to surprised someone but same thing happened to me, epic fail. Just thank him for the effort, and try to make it up to him. it's a very sweet thing to do but the problem of surprises you can't tell them to be in the right place
@cearn25 (3460)
It is really nice to be surprised by our boyfriend. Thay day wasn't a very lucky day for the two of you to meet. my boyfriend and I still have rthe spark and love although we can not avoid sometimes to be at war. I think fighting is normal in a relationship.
@kaeirole (669)
i so like it..it's so sweet..but it's ok if you missed his surprise..i'm sure there'll be more surprises coming..
@heartbit (237)
oh that's really sweet.... it really is a moment to regret for not being there but im sure your boyfriend understands