Strange to me..

I find it strange that it can be freezing outside and I see people bundled up in long winter coats and they have on warm gloves and then you see they are not wearing a hat. I always wonder what is it about keeping your head warm that they don't like. I mean bald headed people as well. You know that heat is escaping the body from the head. I wear my hat and gloves even if I don't wear my long coat.
@BLTLife (337)
Some people don't know you lose most of your heat through your head or they simply don't want to wear a hat. Most of the time, people don't want to mess up their hair-dos.
Yea that is probably the reason. Especially if they spend money on their hair do.
@CTHanum (8254)
Vote for this! They refused to wear it because of their hair do!!! So irony~
It might sound funny or silly, but this really is a reason why some people do not wear hats, although that obviously is not the reason why people who are bald do not wear them. I used to work in an office, and people (both guys and girls) would not wear hats for fear that it would ruin their hair. In all fairness, though, most of these people had to work face to face with the public, and many of them were in positions where they had meetings or public speaking and needed to look their best.
@inertia4 (27679)
Hats are very important, unless you have hair like a husky or something. LOL. You're right, heat does escape from the head. Everyone should wear a hat in the bitter cold weather. Along with a good warm heavy coat, gloves and a scarf. Oh, and lets not forget either warm shoes or good boots.
Probably don't want to mess their hair. Maybe they don't know that covering the head and the feet is the best way to keep warm. Maybe they like frostbite on their ears. And then there are those that are just down right dirt dumb.
@stephcjh (32327)
I hardly ever wear a hat because I do not want to mess my hair up. Hats flatten my hair out and it doesn't look right on me.
@winterose (39918)
people here in montreal only where a hat in the deepest of winter, that is like -40 below zero
If my coat has a hood, then I will wear it, especially in the rain or when it is very cold. If it doesn't, though, then I will not wear a hat. I do not like the feel of the hat on my head ... it just feels uncomfortable to me. The only time that I will put up with it is if I am going to be playing outside in the cold with my little one for a while, and then I do it mostly to set a good example for her.
@CTHanum (8254)
True~ They just don't care about it yet they wear such attires supposed to cool the body. Can we say that they forget about it??
Ha ha, that is a little weird, but it might just be fashion or style, and remember fashion and style is always weird. When it is truly cold like North Pole cold, you will definitely ignore fashion as you may see in television people bundled up to the maximum to prevent cold injuries. I personally don't wear hats, my head is a little sensitive, the same feeling where you don't like people being really close to your neck or you'll feel ticklish (I had this problem since my very first haircut according to my parents). But I do wear scarves and gloves. Also I spend very little time outdoors so I don't need a hat. When I have to spend plenty of time out doors, it may be safer if I do wear a hat. Cheers!
I gess people just don't think about it. I would wear a hood on my coat in very cold weather. I probably only wore my coat a dozen times last year.
@webearn99 (1744)
Have you thought about this? They know what you know, but they know better. They are just freezing their brains out so that they get too numb-skulled to even think of the misery that winter has brought upon them. How about that?