Do you donate blood?

@sarah22 (3981)
I would if i did not have high blood pressure.its good to give to help others.
@sahyd2don (2948)
Once blood donation camp was setup in our college.I am a leen body so they didn't allow me to donate.I was very much interested in donating blood.
@sarah22 (3981)
see when you want to you find out your unable to and the ones that can, never go and try to save another ones life.
@wmg2006 (5383)
I did for years as a teen-ager and college student. Then when I got in my 30's I went to donate and they found I had tainted blood platlets. This would never have been discovered if they had not tested the blood. I feel bad that I can not give blood now.
@sarah22 (3981)
sorry to hear that, but what changed in your blood from when you where younger to know?
@emeraldisle (13145)
I would as well but I have problems when they go to take it. If I go to the blood mobile they can never get the vein. They use those new velcro bands and it won't work on me. They need to use the old elastic style bands and it will work, however to do that I have to go to the main office. I often to forget to go there because it's way out of my way.
@sarah22 (3981)
right, but they still hurt not matter what they use.
@carmat (2850)
I dont,,,I know I should, its not that I dont want to it just that I cant hardly find the time to juggle my own familys life and sports. I know that no excuse. If someone needed my blood I would be there for them in a flash.
@sarah22 (3981)
wonderful.
@brokentia (10396)
Yes, I donate regularly. Actually, I am supposed to donate this week. :) I'll probably go Wednesday when the kids are out of school. Then I can take my daugther to keep me company. :)
@sarah22 (3981)
Thats just wonderful. I wish that i could but i have high blood pressure and they dont think its good to do it. Giving blood saves alot of lives and the hospitals need it. Giving back to life is good and even if you have not accomplished anything you have still given back to siciety. Make sure you remember to go on Wednesday and ,yes, your daughter will keep you company.
@brurib (1528)
yes, 2 times for year!
@sarah22 (3981)
thats great.
@imabagel (505)
i would but im iron deficient
@sarah22 (3981)
but at least you have a good heart to say you would and that great
@burgoonster (3762)
No I Can't Because I Take Medection
Yes i do...
I can't because they won't let you donate blood around here if you have gotten a tattoo in the last 12 months (and I always get one tattoo a year, at least :P)