I haev the tendency to read synopsis before watching a movie

@lady1993 (13032)
I just can't help it... Synopsis in imdb is lie a long summary of what happens in almost evey scene ,even the ending is written. I want to know what happens in every scene, I just love spoiling myself. But sometimes I don't want to watch the movie anymore since I know what is going t happen, reading it also helps me decide if that movie is good and worth watching s I won't waste my hour on it.
@stanley777 (7177)
Sometimes I make it a habit too. I know it could lessen our interest if we found out what is all about the movie, through reading the summary. But I think, it will also helps us to decide if the movie is worth watching. So, if we are not interested we can look for other movies that would interest us more.
What is the need of it yaar. Do you think that it is a good manner ?
Yeah, I know the excitement or interest could be lessen if you knew already what will happen. But I think it could be a factor too, since you have read it so you already have an idea of the film and if you thought it is not so interesting or you don't like it, you could look for other movies that would interest you. So instead of spending time to view it which I thought could be a waste of time you could view other movies.
@stanley777 (7177)
I have never done that since Ido not like to spoil myself. I only read the summary and decide if it is a movie worth watching or not.. I like to be surprised- and it wouldn't be that exctiing if I got to read the entire story first.. espeically when it is a mystery or action/thriller film.
@rafiholmes (2898)
nothin wrong with reading or finding out about a movie youre about to watched via a synopsis..everyone does that.. it gave u a rough idea of what teh movie is all about.. imagined..watching THE MATRIX for the 1st time without a clue what its all about can be mind boggling.....!
@cearn25 (3460)
I am like you too. When I read the synopsis, I will have the knowledge what will going to happen in particular to a certain movie. This is becoming my habit whenever I am interested to watch a movie. I would read the reviews of the people who have seen it. I see nothing wrong with that at least I know how other people see the movie.
I think if you do so you are spoiling the good time and movie itself. If you know all the climax and all other things then what is the need of seeing it. Then how does a film have suspense ? I think you should not do so. I think this will make you to enjoy the film
yes dear you are absolutely right even i also read the reviews on imdb before watching any movie. i watch only those movies whose rating on imdb is more than 7 or 8. because i feel that they are the movies which are worth watching.
• Calgary, Alberta
I'm guilty for that, I also reread them too after watching cos I want to understand some bits I didnt understand. I also read wikipedia articles about the cast, I want to know some info about the actors before watching. before watching I prefer non spoiler synopses, so everything is not revealed. sometimes I read reviews before watching but I quit reading reviews cos I enjoyed a certain badly reviewed movie and I hated I certain highly praised movie.
I don't. I want to be totally surprised. Usually the trailer is enough to show me if there is enough interest to go see it. If I am picking a movie to put in my queque on Netflix I may go ahead and read the synopsis. What movies do you get that are only an hour?
@enelym001 (8333)
Me too! Because I am having a site that tells about movie synopsis. So when I wanted to post a movie, I also would know the movie synopsis. 'Though upcoming movies won't have the complete details in it. Only those who have been shown in theaters can be a spoiler. I still watch it even if I know what would happen coz I wanna know the scenes. But normally, I would be seeing trailers before downloading a movie.
@boyuancy (1709)
I have a set top box installed in my home and with the schedule, it shows the synopsis also. I have missed some amazing movies going by their synopsis. It happens, it's not your fault. So I just surf through the channels now to know about the movie.
@gerald_lian (2194)
I have that bad habit too, sad to say...... But I prefer synopsis of movies to be limited to just the main plot line, so that the minor and smaller plots can be watched and enjoyed by watching the movie. Even if after reading the synopsis I know what's going to happen in the movie, I still want to watch the movie because I love seeing my favorite actors and actresses do their thing on the big screen.
@ShepherdSpy (8563)
• Omagh, Northern Ireland
I wouldn't go that far myself,I'd prefer not to be spoilered up going in,but in saying that,some of the movies I've gone to see recently have been based on books that I've read,so in a sense I should know what I'm getting on entering the theatre! I would be a reader of the Sherlock Holmes Books,and last night went to see the new Sherlock Holmes Movie,"Game of Shadows".. If You've read those books or would be familiar with any of the many Holmes movies or productions,this time around it's loosely based on Holmes facing off against Professor Moriarty...The Movie isn't a scripted retelling of the books,but uses the high points of the stories for framework and fills it out with more action,humour,and an element that was mostly missing from the books,A Woman in the thick of things with Holmes and Watson!