Christmas Magic

@Loverbear (4928)
It's been a busy month for me. As usual I am swamped with orders for bears and then there was finishing up finals. But through all the rush of my normal life, there came some wonderful Christmas Magic. It started with a business report that I did with three other "girls" for my Small Business Management class. I had hoped to score high enough to make it into the college wide competition where you presented your plan and hoped that you scored high enough to win one of the three prizes. First prize was $1000, second was $500, and third was $250. My hopes ended up in the toilet rather quickly as I had three people on the team that didn't give a darn about the plan. The business plan was being formulated for one of the members who had just started up a jewelry business. The contribution from the three of them amounted to their letters to the instructor telling what they did for the plan and that was it. Naturally their letters were all fairy tales as I did 99.9% of the work. The plan didn't make it into the competition, and I am sure that snivel, whine, and sob all blame me. Anyhow, after we got the plan back, I was extremely disappointed because I really wanted to participate in the competition. I left class and went to one of my favorite places (I do their pearl restringing). I was delivering cookies and had taken one of my fur bears for the employees to see. At the store was a gentleman who was really amped up, the first thing he did was help himself to a cookie and then he spotted the bear and went bananas over it! He has made it his mission to promote my bears. He started to spout about everything he could do for me, and I was thinking to myself-"Yeah, sure and I'm Peter Pan." Well long story short, I ended up being interviewed on the radio! I have been getting orders from that one radio interview. The magic continues, I was sure my grades in my two classes would be horrible because of the fact that I was in so much pain throughout the semester that I couldn't focus. I found out that not only did I pass both classes but I passed them with "B's"!!!!! Awesome! Many little things happened to continue the magic, I received a custom made glass bead necklace (the lady makes the beads, and her work is not only beautiful but EXPENSIVE! I've been drooling over her work for a couple of years now) as an unexpected present from the lady. Not only did I receive the necklace but a matching bracelet! My car decided to quit and it would cost me a couple of hundred to repair, so my boyfriend stepped in and bought me another car, a Subaru station wagon, so that I have a way to get around. He wanted me to have reliable safe transportation. Now for the really BIGnews. December 15th Bill, my boyfriend proposed! Of course I said yes...He presented me with the most beautiful engagement ring. It has a two carat princess cut diamond with two bagettes (one on each side). No, we haven't set a date yet. It took us 11 years to get to the point of becoming engaged. I will let my MyLot friends know when we decide to tie the knot. Bill is so cute about it all. He has been going around with an enormous smile on his face and he is bouncing like a super ball. The only thing is telling his daughter. We both know that the explosion is going to rival an atomic bomb. We're thinking of letting his grandson know about the engagement and then when the grandson wants to pi$$ off his Mom he can break the news to her. Saying that Bill's daughter hates me is putting it mildly. But what the heck it's her problem, not mine. So, it isn't too late for everyone to have a bit of Christmas Magic, and I hope that each and every one of you has some magic come your way. I don't want to hog it all! (LOL) In the mean time, Happy Holidays to all, and may many many blessings come your way.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you.....
Thanks for the BR... and that is great you found what was causing your pain and here a tip I got from a friend: "get it taken care of a.s.a.p." My friend waited and the procedure was a nightmare and she told me this because my husband needs this surgery, yet he keeps putting it off..SMH... Anyway, so you are doing a late Christmas? I understand the pressure of "buying" even for Hanukkah and possibly I have gotten it through my son's head, (not his father)about it isn't about giving gifts..So maybe this year my son will understand when we don't emphasize gift giving..:) So you are going completely online? I am sure you are self-motivating enough to succeed, I know I am after being on the Dean's List for every quarter except the summer one when I took that stupid math class I had to withdraw from..And that had nothing to do with motivation, it had to do with my very poor math skills, so I'd probably have to go to the campus so I can prove to them that I can't do it. (The instructor said it was because I needed to be taught in person, but I was taught in person in high school and still did horrible) That is sad about that man and I can relate. The one neighbor who was all high and mighty, is now a worker in a department store, not one I frequent, but I am sure it knocked her down a few notches, especially now that she talks to me a LOT more than before. It goes to show that when G♥d said we will "reap what we sow" He meant it.. Anyway, I won't be as active, like usual when I am in school. I do reply back to my own posts and any posts I replied to when I have time, but it isn't often. Then there might be times that I start a discussion when I have something to say about a class, because sometimes these instructors are crazy in their teaching..lol So I am looking forward to seeing you more, take care..
@ElicBxn (60762)
What a LOT of GREAT news! Too bad about the slackers in your group, there always seems to be some of those types around ruining it for the ones who work.
• Marion, Kansas
What a beautiful and wonderful post. I am glad so many good things are coming your way right now.
@Loverbear (4928)
Thank you! The great things about having wonderful things come a person's way is that you can share them with others and brighten up their lives. Not only through the Lot, but I have helped out several other people needing some Christmas Magic. I also make sure that I share the good things throughout the year too. It's fun for me to see others light up like a million watt bulb when they get a special surprise or a bit of help when they really need it.