What worthy thing will you do this holiday to celebrate it?

I believe that the best way to celebrate this season is by helping and giving instead of merry-making. We can donate to victims of the Sendong Storm at Cagayan De Oro and Iligan or just reach-out to street children. It doesn't feel good to be too happy and partying when a lot of people around you are suffering. I feel a lot happier when I give and whenever I see smiles on other people's faces. How about you? What worthy cause will you do this season to celebrate it?
@cripfemme (7715)
I will go to my family's house and hang out Occupy Harrisburg. I will also stock up on Christmas stuff for next year.
Hahaha. As early as now, you would start stocking up for next year. That would be great. By December 2012 then, you would not have problem thinking what to give. Goodluck then.
@naija4real (1293)
I will visit the orphanage ( motherless babies homes ) prisons and hospital. I will preach the word of God to the person I met and I will share some gifts such as food items, old clothings and books. I will preach the word of God to prisoner and tell them about God's love and the importance of getting closer to jesus the savior of mankind.
Wow, that's truly great!!! I hope and pray you'll achieve what you've set yourself to do. Have a great day!!!
• Bangalore, India
hi, feelings are the mirror so it is what you show what you get..if you are happy then in that case others will be happy in the view of the eyes and money doesn't matter with the feelings.so it is how you treat your friends..have fun with huge happy fest..!
Thanks for the inpu vishnumuthu. It doesn't matter much if people would do the same for me. What I hope I can achieve is that they would appreciate what I can give. I will treat them the same, by giving willingly and not being forced to do so. Have a nice day!!!
@chiyosan (30205)
i intend to stay at home, actually and just sulk for myself. =( but i know there are better things to do than pity myself for the lost of something i think i will never lose. though it was valuable.. it is nothing compared to the loss of other Filipinos who lost family members, houses, livelihood... My friends and I have agreed to do volunteer work next week. our plan was to come to the office and help with the packages our company is going to give away for those who were affected by the flood... i am not able to share monetary gifts, i have yet to look at the clothes i have at home and well, i think i need to still look over them.. so the quickest way is for me to help in other ways...
Hi chiyosan. Me too, we will do some packing for the groceries. We've decided to have a salary deduction scheme for the donation and the company would just advance our donation. We would buy canned goods and bread and other things that we can include on the grocery bags for distribution. I think the victims would continuously need support for a longer period of time until they are able to cope with what happened to them. Continue doing good and what you've thought about of looking for things you can give is good enough and I'm sure would be appreciated. Have a great day!!!
@aprilsong (1886)
Hi, that is really kind of you. Well, i think most people think celebration means merry-making, only a few of people, including you, to think about others. You are right, to giving is always make one feel happy than receiving. Though maybe some people think they are happy when they spend so much money for themselves. In fact, i think their hearts must be empty. You are a nice person, you can find true happiness from what you have done. Merry Christmas to you!
Hi aprilsong. Let me greet you likewise. I hope I'll be able to find happiness from giving continually. I just hope that God would give me the means to do so. Have a happy holiday and Happy New year to you.
@averygirl72 (16617)
I think it is a very good decision for others to celebrate this time around Christmas with simplicity. I admire those who plan to give instead on the victims of Sendong in Mindanao than just use for parties and the likes. Its really hard just to think of your happiness while a lot of people are suffering. Even if I have little money I try my best to give the best gift that I can to people I know to make them smile.
Hi averygirl. I still tried my best to give as well. There are best buys on stores that I know I would find and I'm sure my family would still appreciate it. I will try my best to make them happy. We are lucky to have something even if we have little. Giving is better than receiving, that is what I keep in mind. Have a great holiday!!!
@roberten (3131)
I play Santa for a non-Christian family who want their kids to experience Christmas. I also make my annual donations to my favorite charities. I provide gifts to our staff in the back of the house to express to them how much they are appreciated. I send card if time premits. I love the holidays!
Hello roberten and Gavrilovich. I'm happy to hear what you shared. I can see that you are both loving person and that you expresses your feelings well to them whom you love. I am sure your family and friends appreciated both your efforts. Have a great day!!!