Imagine if humans eats these veggies and fruits

Calgary, Alberta
This is like my 2nd discussion about GMO or Genetically Modified food, On my first discussion,I talked about the Good and bad face of Genetically modified food. Which is widespread in USA, some European countries (France I think banned them). In a documentary I found out some effects of GMO vegetables to animals: 1. By the 3rd generation hamsters fed with GMO soy beans werent able to have babies. A lot of the food we eat have soy beans, Soybeans use to be healthy. 2.Rats (the animal mostly used for medical research) Got lesions on their organs after eating the GMO corn.Their liver and pancreas got altered. 3.Cows who were fed some Gmo vegetable gets fatty and swolen liver. 4.Many animals suddenly have allergies to food they usually eat after eating GMO. ---- Majority of fruits and vegetables in the market now are GMO and its really disturbing and scary. market meats are also said to be GMO too.
@veganbliss (3901)
• Adelaide, Australia
Viva La France for banning GMOs! We've currently got a moratorium on the stuff in this state, but the one to the west of us has legalized GM canola crops which is causing neighbouring organic farmers to go out of business due to infiltration of huge quantities of pollen (run a search on the Steve Marsh case). It's all politically driven, with our politicians backing Monsarto & other big GM companies against generations of organic farmers. The only good thing about it, is you can easily spot the "farmers" who are only in it for quick profits & cheating the system. People should educate themselves on the real dangers of such a system & its many failures in countries where it has been tried all over the world. Hopefully then, they will boycott such produce, which still gets sold unlabelled here & turn to certified organic & biodynamic fresh produce in droves.
• Calgary, Alberta
Its really sad that only few people were aware of this, I mean its in the news but people still seemed aware and just accept what monsanto wants to feed them. To have these monsters as the majority of the food available in the grocery are Frankensteins. we are eating something that should not exist. what would those mad scientist will make next, a talking orange... Who the heck sprayed GMo seeds in his organic farm? is that an attack from a GMo company?
• Adelaide, Australia
No, the wind carried GMO canola pollen which pollinated Steve Marsh's organic crop & he therefore lost his organic certification. The worst thing is that instead of banning all GMO's, the Western Australian Liberal Government backed Monsanto! http://eatdrinkbetter.com/2011/02/03/monsanto-vs-australian-organic-farmer-steve-marsh/ GMO's are politically supported in this country, probably to suck up to America again. We don't want nor need an American owned food supply here. The whole GMO system is politically motivated. If people & politicians were better educated, this rubbish would never have started here in the first place.
• Adelaide, Australia
They banned GMO's in New Zealand; they should have done the same here.
@chiyosan (30205)
Yeah! I have worked on christmas day, on holidays, and on new year's day in my previous work because it was a bpo company and we were assigned in the transactional cases.
• Calgary, Alberta
I have a feeling that an accident just occured.. I have a feeling its meant for another discussion....
@hvedra (1623)
One of the main concerns I have with GMO food isn't just the genetic splicing but that companies are breeding plant crops to be resistant to weedkillers and then lobbying governments to hugely increase the amount of weedkiller that can be present on any crop for human consumption. This is so they can plant a crop, spray it with weedkiller and kill of the other plants. The crops survives but has large amounts of weedkiller on it that we then are supposed to eat. Yum.
• Calgary, Alberta
Its like the worst worst situation, not only its not natural,it also absorbed all those toxic poison inthesoiland no matter how hard we wash that veggie it will not remove the pesticides because it is absorbed by the vegetable so easily.
@squallming (1776)
Hi there, you've just raised an issue that needs concern from everyone. I've previously came across articles talking about these GMO food. Some of them managed to get in because of free trade agreements. Anyway, these food does have the risks to cause harm to our health. Those who think they need proof or some study, I provide some links below that you can visit. http://www.relfe.com/GMOs.html http://www.safe-food.org/-issue/dangers.html
• Calgary, Alberta
first thanks for making my life easier,I dont need to give out links to people who asked for it. By far France and Japan are the only countries who were said to ban them. I really wish more people is aware of this. If these fruits, vegetables,grains and even meat will still be the products in the market, our lives will be in danger.
I wonder sometimes why they can't just leave the vegetables be. Nature knows better than humans do.
• Calgary, Alberta
well they want to make money, thats all...
@urbandekay (18312)
Please quote the source of this information all the best urban
• Calgary, Alberta
its a documentary not an article, why dont you research your self.