How many keep their savings in their home instead of a bank?

SAVING - saving
@merlin22 (1111)
my husband does that and i hate it,i would rather he keep it in the bank,but its like talking to a wall on that subject.
@brokentia (10396)
What happens to the savings if there was a fire ot a flood? Or even a tornado! Can't hold on to the money then. At least in the bank, it is safer than a home. They are insured.
@merlin22 (1111)
thats how i feel about it to,but like i said its a wall
@rbevan (308)
You can get a saving account with interest... It will not be that much - but maybe they will push him towards a bank.
@kucedra (841)
I kept my money in my home for a long time. But a few days ago I opened a bank account and now my money is in the bank. It is safe now...:) Greetings! Bye, bye!!!
@merlin22 (1111)
good for you ,you did the smart thing
@beckyomg1 (6758)
my hubby does the same thing. i put mine in the bank, he keeps his on him
@merlin22 (1111)
its weird he goes to the bank every week to deposit for our bills then keeps the rest ,
@samsonskola (3357)
extra money for savings? what's that? can someone enlighten me?...lol...no seriously, even though it's a hassle to go to my bank and i don't have to go every week (my checks are direct deposited), i would prefer a bank if i had money for savings. For one thing, it's harder to spend it when you have to go to the bank to get it out, and it's just very risky taking the chance of losing it if (God forbid) there was a fire or natural disaster...of course, a lot of people don't like putting their money in the bank just because they remember the horror stories of the depression..i guess i can relate to that, too
@hdbueg (611)
tell him why would he not want it in the bank. It is insured incase something happens. Sitting at home there is no garantee about anything. Tell him to really think about.