I want him to take back my gifts..

I am not being selfish here please know this. I asked adrian not to bu me anything for Christmas. Because he had just bought me the 42 inch tv and the microwave and gave a way a butt load of money. I just wanted to be with him for Christmas. Now I got a beautiful car which I love more than anything. I want it so much as well. But,then he went Christmas shopping and put more gifts under the tree. I don't want to see what they are I just want him to take them back to the store and get his money back. He told me to open them myself and take them back. I said no I don't want to see them. LOL I am not mad at him or anything. He just has this huge heart and I want him to save his money. Am I wrong.. I think I am just looking out for his pockets that's all.
Christmas just comes once a year. Why take that joy away from him? You have already seen everything. Maybe he wants you to open something for Christmas. If he isn't going into huge debt by buying you these things I wouldn't worry about this. Gifts, I think this is your insecurities talking. You deserve to be cherished. So let Adrian show his love in a tangible way if he wants to.
He is using his saved money to bu these. he said he wanted me to open up something and that he saw his name so man times under the tree. LOL I bought his butt a lot as well. I will keep them I have not opened anything so far.
Good.. that will make him very happy to make you happy.
@Chevee (5915)
Hi giftsandbagscom, can he afford these gifts? Blessings come from giving not receiving, I know you said he has already given too you. I pray that this is resolved. And it also depends on the motives behind the giving. He will definitely will be rewarded for having a good heart. And with a heart like that he might be offended if you give them back. Sit down and have a heart to heart talk with him and explain to him about the money issue. I am for saving money and spending money on my needs not wants. Provision is an issue here also. Be blessed.
es,he can afford the gifts. I just know he likes saving money and he is using that money on me. I am also not use to anyone doing things like this for me. I am happy to get them all and I know he will be upgrading my ring after this.
Aww well that is very sweet of him but I do understand why you feel bad that he got you so much stuff. He sure spent a lot of money on you. I feel kind of akward when people spend a lot of money on me like I'm not good enough for it or something. Or that its to much money and I couldnt give them expensive gifts so I could never return the favor and maybe they wouldnt think I love them enough if I get them less expensive gifts.
I got him a few things but there is no wa I could afford to bu for him like he can buy for me. he would never take it knowing I struggled to get it. Your going to live long. I was thinking about ou and our man today. I was wondering how ou were spending your Christmas. I am sure it will be with the kids. Merry Christmas.
Isnt it funny how we never have met but we still think about our mylot friends. I find myself doing that sometimes to. I remember I used to comment on a lot of vonmacs discussions and she isnt on here anymore so I always wonder what shes up to and hope to see her writing on here again sometime. My boyfriend and I are still together. One day at a time is all I do. I dont plan a future with him it is what it is for now. I dont know if things will work out with us but I dont see us being together forever. Tomorrow my kids and I will open the presents I got them here and then we will go to my parents house to exchange presents. We will be having dinner over at my mother and fathers tomorrow night. My mom likes bread pudding and I wanted to try making it so I bought some cinnamon raisin bread and am going to make that for dinner tomorrow. I have to see if there is anything she wants me to make. I'm usually in charge of mashed potatoes because everyone loves how I make them.
That is very nice planning for the holiday's. I hope the kids like what the got. I know I love what I got. Take care.
@winterose (39916)
I really wish you would stop asking people if you are wrong, you are an adult and will make the decisions that you want to. If it was me I would sit down and have another good talk with him and say okay because you don't want to hurt his feelings you will accept these present one last time, but starting the new year he has to promise you that he will stop giving you presents, because you want him to save up for the future that you and he will have together as you get older.
I make m last decision based on what my friends have said. Sometimes I think I am doing the right thing and I really am not. LIke this one where I was not going to open my gits and let him return them. I decided after reading a response to let them stay and I will not stop him from showering me with gifts. To make him promise would be changing who he is. so that I can't do. I will ask that he slow down and just save more. I have not touched m savings but now I might. Thanks
@winterose (39916)
okay cool
@mr_pearl (5038)
Hi Miss... I feel that you should accept the gifts.. Men, when in Love, tend to give all (I do, too) they can.. and they do it with method and plans.. If Adrian has got more gifts for you, then be sure that he has calculated his budget and he is not burdened with it yet.. You really are lucky... He loves you so much... Don't talk about giving it back, men get hurt with such things... Give him a big tight hug and tell him you loved the gifts... Take care.. Merry Christmas to both of you..
Well said. Nothing hurts a man's pride like rejecting his gifts. Just accept them with thanks and appreciate his love. That is how I feel. He gets pleasure by giving her gifts from his heart.
@CTHanum (8255)
@areskya (398)
You're so lucky, there is a good man beside you who can treat you as sweet as it. whereas there are so many good man outside there who don't know how to express his love and can't make his lover feel happy as you. So,just enjoy your time now cos it is good time to feel pleasant not for feel not good as that. Happy day
I love this man so much and I am not use to having things so good. I am going through this for m first time. Thanks
@cotruelove (1038)
• Denver, Colorado
I am married to a man who is over generous. We live on a fixed income and are retired. We should be saving money, but....... he makes the largest portion of our income and seems we don't save any money. I can't say the things he buys are not useful or needed, but it would seem that at some point, we wouldn't need more stuff. It makes me thing of the old George Carlin routine about stuff, and getting rid of stuff, to buy more stuff. I know I, myself, could do with less stuff. But one thing I know for sure, a lot of that stuff comes in as gifts for me because he loves me. For him, as he has explained, he is a romantic and giving me things freely, is part of his romanticism. I've learned to shut my big mouth and let him be happy with the smile he puts on my face and the kiss I put on his. I know for a fact after watching him, I won't take them back to the store, it would crush him. He truly gives me things from the love in his heart and expects nothing but my love in return. Hope that helps you decide what you will do.
That is just how adrian sounds wit me. He loves to makes me happy and giving me stuff makes him happy. I am on ssi and so is he and he has a good job. I also sell avon. So we both are saving money. He is using some of his to buy me gifts and I have not touched mine. I plan to use it for my new car if I do touch it..
@carolscash (9504)
My husband does the same thing to me. He is always buying me way more than I buy him. This year he keeps asking what I want and I say nothing as I know that we need the money. He won't listen and it drives me crazy!
That is what I mean too I did tell him that he was hard headed.
sharon he loves you and I think he may be hurt if you do not accept his gifts. its because you like myself have had a hard life and money means a lot to us. But Adrian just has a different mind set and I think he may be hurt if you take back his gifts, just honor his wishes as its his way.
I will and I am going to happy to open them in the morning. thanks.
You know, there have been times that I haven't really wanted anything for Christmas, but when someone does decide that they want to get something for me, I wouldn't tell them that I didn't want the gifts that they've bought for me. The reason that I'm like that is because of the fact that there are a lot of people that are really giving people and it will hurt them something awful to tell them that you didn't want the gifts that they'd bought for you.
@Nadinest1 (2042)
I think this can go either way... ....either he likes buying you gifts, which is great....but he still has a handle on his finances... ....or he likes to buy you gifts and will spend his last penny and not have enough for bills etc. This is where you need to figure out which is true. My MIL will buy, buy, buy for everyone...and not left with any money for groceries....this is the reason why I am thinking this way about Adrian. Which do you think he is????
@inertia4 (24828)
He sounds like a good guy. Look, he obviously cares a lot for you and he wants to make you happy. Also, christmas only comes once a year. Now, since he is a nice guy, and I figure he knows what he's doing. I am sure he did not waste his money. And I am sure he would not just sound money and keep himself broke either. Enjoy the gifts. And don't feel bad about not being able to return the favor.
• Los Arcos, Spain
Hiya gifts, No you are not being selfish just maybe a bit overwhelmed lol. Whoa if anyone bought me all that I might be feeling just the same a little bit anyway and I would want to be able to buy the same back to give to them. Enjoy all the things he has bought you and take it easy mind boggles, television, Car, the whole lot. Best Wishes.xxx
I think a person should be able to give what they want at Christmas. Maybe this is Adrian's way of showing how much he loves you. People show their love in different ways. Would you tell him to take your love back to the show. That would be hurtful to him. Glad you aren't having him take the car back.
@CTHanum (8255)
Don't worry! Just accept it!(^^) But don't forget to tell him to save for his future too!!! So that he can spend and save equally without you need to feel guilty~(^^)