spending Holidays alone..

@thaMARKER (3096)
i spent Christmas eve at the office few hours ago. i watched the fireworks until it's all gone and it rained. now that am in my room, am all alone. i almost cry when i called my parents back home. i miss them and they're celebrating it without us (their children) i hate to admit but as we grow and start to live on our own, we have to go through this feeling.. spend birthdays alone, Christmas or even New Year. I prefer not to accept friends invites to come to their house and celebrate, it only makes me more sad.. so am here in my room, listening to some good music, a bottle of beer and writing my sentiments here. im sad but hey, it's Jesus birthday today. i should be celebrating and be happy of what i still have now. happy Holidays.
@lamb_16 (64)
All I can say is, be strong.. Its always been a powerful tool but sometimes, I feel weak when I encounter that. Reasons are always reasons why we cant spent the holidays with our loved-ones. Its our jobs and we need to do this because they are also the ones who benefit from it. Trusting God is always the key to be at peace. We know that they are safe it's just we miss them. Help yourself to be happy. Spent it with friends or your colleagues at the office (Ofas..). (eg. Jocel as the Tabon Lady with the muddy, filthy feet..) Understand the situation and you'll know why. In this kind of situation, you have to weigh things over. Realize a plan very soon. Who knows right? NOTE: just read between the lines and you will appreciate the work of ART. (just SIT-UP straight when reading this..)
@thaMARKER (3096)
hahahahaha.. crazy. I like this -- Trusting God is always the key to be at peace. and when i got to the "ofas" part, it hit me.. it's u. just SIT-UP straight.. hahaha neeeer.. Christmas was fun, real fun. thank God for bein so amazing.
@Bluedoll (16795)
Many will be alone on Christmas though not in spirit. Sometimes I think we want to be by ourselves and find peace in that way. Thank you for the good wishes I hope you too will have a good holiday and perhaps have some time for reflection. I would though if I were you consider an invitation not just from your standpoint but from your friends as well as even people with families like to share and need to feel that feeling we get by inviting others - maybe pop over unexpected or call to say you have reconsidered.
@thaMARKER (3096)
thanks for the advise.. the only thing on list for later is goin to church. im still thinkin what to do after that..
@kun2349 (23475)
Who says holidays must be spend with friends and family? Just because everybody is out there having fun, it doesn't mean we are lonely.. haha Some prefer to celebrate it alone in the comfort of their house, have quiet moments among the noisiness out there. Isn't it good to celebrate a major holiday in private? I always prefer my holidays to be quiet since it's a day for me to rest and i don't like to be out there, joining the crowd, shouting and being high over nothing.. haha
@sender621 (14956)
It is both sad and lonely to spend a holiday alone. Everyone should have a special someone to spend the hloiday with. It can make the day seem so much brighter and bring that much more meaning into your life and your heart.
@CTHanum (8254)
Hope you will accept your friends invitations so that you won't feel more sad. When we can't do the things we usually do it is better for us to come with the alternative ways. To overcome the sadness you should accept your friend's invitation and celebrate it with them. When I was in college I admit that I feel sad when I can't go back home and celebrate with my family but with friends around I can overcome the sadness. Celebrating it alone will make you feel more sad and if I got to choose why choose to have it alone when I have others to celebrate with? Happy holidays to you too~(^^)
@vustha (18)
All alone on a happy day clearly makes us sad. I personally, may not be able to live it. Happy Holiday
@yahnee (1250)
I spent Christmas eve working on my online job and after it was done, I used the extra time to clean the house. Same as you, I spent the whole Christmas eve alone and will do so for the rest of Christmas Day. I slept the whole night soundly without any time to think of loneliness in my solitude. The family is away traveling to some part of the country but I decided to stay home and enjoy the brief moments of being alone. Don't be sad. Just have a merry Christmas.