add details button

Calgary, Alberta
I already accept the fact we cant edit our post, but typo accidents still happen and typos had caused misunderstanding in many discussion. responders to discussions dont read the responders of other participators, so if I do the correction to my mistake to my first responder, the next responder may not read the correction. I think we need to have an add details button, that is the next best thing to the edit button you admins dont want to give us. Yahoo answers have the add details button. its going to be frustrating to explain your typo to every responder of your discussion, an 'add details" button will a universal way to correct your typo are add more information to your topic.
Yeah I agree with you. Sometimes it's not just typos. You realize that the words you use could mean something else so you want to make it clearer but you might have to explain to each responder.
• Calgary, Alberta
I hope admins will consider this feature,Typos had lead to many misunderstandings, it even lead to some fights. its a good last minute damage control.
• Calgary, Alberta
I need to revive this topic because its frustrating....I misspelled now as not and it ruins the meaning of my discussion,admins please consider.
@Porcospino (16425)
• Denmark
Your suggestion is something that I have also thought about. We can't edit our posts, so it would be very nice if we were able to add a comment to the discussions that we have started. I always read my discussions before I submit them, but I still make mistakes, sometimes I just don't notice them right way. I think that an add details button would be especially useful in two kinds of situations: If we make a spelling mistake that makes it hard to understand meaning of the discussion or if we forget some words that change the meaning of the discussion (for instanse if we wanted to write "I don't think that is a good idea" but write "I think that is a good idea" by mistake)
• Calgary, Alberta
yeah usually when we notice the mistake its really too late when people already didnt understand our discussion. Its one upgrade feature, admins should consider. Its hard to deal with multiple people who didnt understand out topic just because of a simple typo.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi... I think it is not a bad idea... But it will add a lot to the admin's work... And site might get slow too... Let us see what the admin thinks about it...
• Calgary, Alberta
I always try to type carefully and avoid typos but I have adhd and aspergers,I'm also a bit dyslexic so avoiding typos is really hard. I think this feature wont be hard for admins to do. since admins dont want to give us edit button, add details is the best option.