pacman frog

Calgary, Alberta
The picture below is a pacman frog, Its a carnivorous frog that started to become a popular pets to many people who wants an alternative pet. They feed in chicks, hamsters,rats,small snakes and smaller frog. I have no plans of having one as pets because I use to have pet hamsters and I dont want to see a hamster beign eaten alive by this frog, I heard this frog can eat a whole kitten. Why I am inspired to make a discussion about pacman frogs? I saw a video in youtube and its very hilarious, It really makes my day, in this video you will see a real pacman frog playing an Ipod game. The video is so funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbNl3J8HXw4 the video is uploaded 5 days ago and it became viral in just few days because its funny. Imagine in just 5 days it has 6,597,450 views
Wow. I've never heard of pacman frogs before. I looked up Wikipedia and it said that these frogs sometimes eat animals larger than they are, and they even eat their own mates too. I wonder what makes them so interesting that people wish to keep them as pets though.
• Calgary, Alberta
well if you watched the video, the special thing about them is that they canplay videogames. they bite though, and Pacman frogs have teeth.
Hmm if you're saying they can play video games based on that one video I'm not sure I agree. It could be that they are good at that game cos ants are among the things they eat. And the game is such that you need to tap the ants. The ending of the video where the frog bit the guy's finger. I wonder how he manages to get it off in the end.
• Calgary, Alberta
I guess he did but his scream sounded like it hurts, those tiny frog teeth might be sharp enough to get a person wounded. They dont seemed like affectionate pets, I thinka certain frog species is friendly to humans,that is a tree frog (that frog is green) pacman's dont seemed friendly to me.
The pacman forg or Argentine horned frog is an ambush hunter that will sit and wait for it's food to come to it. The bright colors actually are chemoflauge for it in the jungles where it lives. They will eat anything that they even think that they can put into it's mouth and they cannot always gage how big a prey is. They have been known to die from trying to eat something too big for itself.
• Calgary, Alberta
at least on that video the pacman frog didnt try eating the whole tablet computer. while watching that video, I am wondering if the frog is playing the video game or he just happen to think the crawling bugs in the computer is real.
• Calgary, Alberta
Ithink he is mad already for biting his owner's finger,he screamed like a girl when themad mean froggy bit him so hard. Maybe the frog already realized he cant eat those "bugs"