I hate waiting on anyone.

12:30 he left here going some place and was to come back an pick me up to go food shopping. It is now 4:30 and he is not back yet. So,I am taking off my clothes and not going anymore. I think it is terrible to leave someone waiting like this. He said he was not going to hang out. But,he is at his friends house right now. Good thing I will not be cooking tonight.
@jujunme (2413)
I absolutely hate to be kept waiting it's not only frustrating, but i also begin to worry about the person i'm waiting for, thinking that perhaps something bad may have happened to them. Why can't they simply pick up the phone and say they are going to be late or aren't going to show up at all.My husband sometimes does this when he has to work late then tells me he didn't call because he wasn't by a phone.(sigh)This is why he'll be getting a cell phone for his birthday.
I will not be worrying about him eating tonight so I hope he is fed. I wish subway delivered.. LOL really..
@jujunme (2413)
LOL, Good to know you can laugh about this whole thing. BTW if you like pizza and have a Domino's in your area, they DO deliver!
My husband is famous for doing this! He always says im going to the store I will be back in a half hour. Two or three hours later he gets back. I used to get mad when we were first together, now I just expect him and plan for him to be gone a while. That way we avoid lots of fights! It is annoying though, especially if you have something to do or somewhere to go...
I do this all the time because he does it all the time. I am so mad because I wanted something to cook.
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I hate when people do that too. I mean I guess I have to half expect it but it'd be nice if they'd call and say "Sorry honey I got so wrapped up in hanging out. I'll be a little while longer." or "Sorry honey I got so wrapped up in hanging out I'll be right there." It's not that hard to do.
He called to see if I were read I said sure. He said he would be right here that was over an hour ago. He just got caught up with his friend and figured I could just wait.
@CarlHalling (3629)
So tired, tired of waiting? - Why not read while you're waiting?
I don't like waiting either. I speak as someone who used to keep people waiting; but I'm much better today. If someone gives me a time to be ready, I'll work hard to make sure I'm ready that time. Sadly, I'm often ready before everyone else, and although I am happy to get ready to do something, if I'm ready and then forced to wait, things go wrong. I start to thinking, and my thinking might be a little angry, because I'm not happy being kept waiting, which is not a good spirit to be in when you are about to do something. Recently what I'll do is start a new activity, something I never used to. Then when I'm called, I'll have to shut off that activity, get my clothes together and so on. If afterwards, I'm told..."Come on, we have to go!" I'll say..."Er, I've been ready for ages...what was I supposed to do, pace the floor until I was called?"
Actually, that last part is not true...I usually just get myself together and stay quiet...:o)
@cher913 (25890)
i aso hate witing for people too. itis frustrating when you have to wait. i even hate waiting at the doctors!
@jillhill (37383)
Same here...I heard of a lawyer though that went to a doctor for his appointment. The doctors office left him waiting for over a half hour after his appointment was to begin. He sued and won!
@asliah (11148)
hi, yes,its really annoy that kind of situation,waiting for someone for too long of time,such an annoy and will surely change my mood and it will turn to anger.
" It is terrible to leave someone waitting like this " I like this words . Break words and keep other person to waitting for long time is not acceptable !! But you may can talk with your friends to make him improve in future ! you also can call him if he do not back on time. this should be the best way to resolve problem .
@simsim11 (106)
I dont like to wait for people. They will commit some time and they will not turn back. This is very bad.I dont care such people.Somebody will call in advance and they will tell that they can not come at that particular time and will give someother time. It is ok with me. Equally, I dont want people wait for me. If I am telling somebody that I will be reaching on a particular place on a particular time, I will be there well in advance.But I have the experience that they will not be there on time.
@fantabulus (4005)
I also hate wait of anyone if my husband not came at time then I angerd on him. But when they told me the reason then I understand. But waiting for anyone is difficult for me
@aghiuta (526)
When I was dating my first husband,he used to do that all the time.Telling me that he will be at my place at a certain time,I was ready and waiting,looking out on the balcony....When he finally showed up,if I dared say something,he used to say "What is the big deal? you were not waiting on the street..." I hated that,and maybe I should have paid more attention to his behaviour...It did not improve. Thank God I upgraded!!!!
@Nadinest1 (2040)
I have a husband who is sometimes like this....not only with me, but with app'ts etc. Dr. Phil thinks that these people are selfish and thinks that they are so important that the world should stop for them.....time means nothing to them, because everyone is just sooo happy when they finally do show up......WRONG!!!!! Good luck with this.
@Bamboee (645)
• United Arab Emirates
How about if someone makes you wait for your life! As in they do when they want to do - do you think that is right? Waiting for their decision, waiting for their wish.. (talking about my husband) Everything has to happen when he wants it to happen, its another form of waiting, do you think its right?
My old and best friends understand me that I always punctual and will never wait on anybody for hours than the promised or appointment hours; but my new ones never understand this punctuality and hated me for it because I left them after waited for one hour or so from the appointed hours. I said...hey... I have something to do than wait for you at the mall like a some ugly person and you just miss your appointed time. for me when am already mad and snappy, better not to continue the rendezvous, the plan or whatever... for the mood was ruined and I'll be snapping for everyone near. Oh I'll be the monster in the circumstances rather the real culprit whom ruined the mood with the unpunctuality.
@narnia007 (1051)
I am on the same line as you do.I literally hate to wait on people.I see to it that I will be there on time to every situation possible and even more if I had to see some person.I would normally expect the same from other people.But 99% I don't get that from others.They keep me waiting and see me all arrogant when I meet them.Instead of firing up on them,I think it's time for me to develop some patience and go on with other people.I can't change every single people around me to stop doing this stupidness.I wish I can show my anger by not cooking just like you..But lol...I can't cook either.
waiting, i just hate it. but still i have to wait for my girlfriend, waiting for girls has an exciting, because they are the complex creatures of the universe and no one can under stands them, but i am trying to do that, i know i am not going down to complete this task infact no one can evr going down to complete it, i always waits for her on stairs, library, movie hall, parks and outside her hoouse too, and still waiting for her come in my life.
@glesil_00 (1147)
Waiting is like the person doesn't value the thing that have agreed. Its better to be late than never come up. You may be mad because of waiting if the person show up. In the case that he didn't but he is with his friends it is like he love to be with them than with you. Even to inform you, he didn't do. It will be like you are waiting for nothing. In the end we have nothing to do with it, but let our anger subsides.
@derek_a (10902)
I fully agree with you on this and fail to understand why people say one thing and do another. Make promises and then not follow through. As a counsellor and therapist myself, I have seen over the years the way such behaviour and broken promises creates stress, most of all in the person who fails to keep his/her word. They have eneded up in my office complaining that life is not good to them, and together we nearly always track the root cause back to breaking one's word.. _Derek
@br3ndy (468)
I think almost everyone hate it when they must kept waiting, especially if they need to wait for more than one hour. I don't like to kept waiting too because it is feels like a waste of time. When we waiting someone, we must standby and can't do anything else besides waiting. It will be more frustating if the one we are waiting for are canceled it after we already waiting for so long.
@stephcjh (32327)
I know what you mean. I have to go when I am good and ready. It makes me very tired and out of the notion when I have to sit and wait around.
I’m surprised he leaves you to hang out with his friends and leaves you at home. Maybe he will be drinking with them or something and don’t want you to see it. I know some guys go off and do guy things and leave their wives and girlfriends at home to wait on them, but I kind of think it is inconsiderate if he is supposed to take you somewhere, like food shopping. That’s important. My SIL rarely leaves my daughter. He went tonight and went to the store to get them a soda and came right back. He never goes anywhere without my daughter. It’s like they are joined at the hip except when he is working. When he is working he is on the phone with his Bluetooth talking to her while he is making his deliveries. Being a married man, he doesn’t want to be away from his wife for any longer than is absolutely necessary.