The most convenient month of getting NBI Clearance in Manila

Pasay, Philippines
My boyfriend asked me to go with him on Tuesday because he wants to get new NBI Clearance. As we went in Robinsons Otis Paco Manila I am expecting that there will be still a lot of people who will get NBI clearance and my boyfriend has to fall in line. But SURPRISINGLY! there were only few people who are getting the NBI clearance. My boyfriend ask the agent regarding this matter and the agent says that it was only now but on January there will be many people who will fall in line to get the NBI clearance. I realized now that the most convenient month of getting clearance is December especially after Christmas. Well I don't have any idea if there will be also only few people that are getting NBI clearance before Christmas. So if I am going to renew it I hope I can make it next year.
@Theresaaiza (10454)
Just my luck, I'm getting one this month and in Cebu not in Manila because it's the closest province from Bohol. And you know how expensive it is to travel.
• Pasay, Philippines
That is not good to hear that I mean you just have to travel for a piece of paper but you can't do anything because that is a requirement at all. That must be available in all provinces. Good thing I am living in Manila.
So, it's December when the lines for the NBI clearance in Manila are gone. Maybe everybody is agog in buying gifts for all their inaanaks, kids and apos.
• Pasay, Philippines
Yeah you said it right a lot of people were busy for Christmas parties or maybe they were in respective provinces during that time that is why there were not many people who are falling in line for this clearance.
@yahnee (1250)
Nice information. You know, when we got the NBI clearance of my Friend, we were there at exactly 8AM and we left NBI at almost 3PM. The line was so long that he had to fall in line outside of the NBI Office in Taft Avenue, the main office. That was in November 24,2011 and he was asked to return on December 6 to get the clearance. We didn't have breakfast when we lined up for the clearance,so you must surely know how hungry we were by the time he got out of the NBI office. Fortunately, there were lots of food being sold around the NBI office. Come January next year, It would not only be NBI that would be filled with long queues of people but almost all government offices especially those issuing licenses for businesses.
• Pasay, Philippines
Oh! the main office of NBI is not really advisable. Though I've only seen that office on that same day together with my boyfriend there were only few people inside though I don't know how few it is because since at least there were no people who are falling in line outside the gate. But I am sure the Robinson Otis is the fewest. But even there were many people who are falling in line during the days of non holidays the Robinson Otis is still the best convenient among all the others. I just got mine last July in Robinson Otis too there were many people but not as horrible as others. I lined up around 7:00 am then finished it at least 10:30 am, well not so bad. But I have been hearing horrible stories before they went to Robinson Otis like others reached the cut off at 2:00 am then after that they won't allow other people to fall in line during that time. Imagine the agony just to get the 2 pieces of paper that it would only process for just more or less 15 minutes. I was about to go in Robinson's Ermita but since something happened to my stomachache I just asked my Dad to bring me in Robinson Otis instead. There were also people who went to Robinson Ermita around 5:00 am and they weren't able to make it because of they didn't reach the cut off. So decided to go in Otis. I mean wow thanks for stomach ache that I was about to go there. You can see my photos below even my other photos that I've uploaded when I responded to others.
@keihimekawa (2010)
That's good to hear then. Maybe quite a lot of Filipinos are busy with the holidays that they decided to renew their clearance by next or they did it earlier. There's one here in UN Ave (formerly WPD) and some go to Rob Ermita for it. The last time I saw the line, it's quite long and the pavement's a bit blocked with loads of people. There are people who are even people who "rents" shoes since applicants can't enter the NBI premises in slippers.
• Pasay, Philippines
Really? I mean what Branch is that the place where applicants are not allowed to wear slippers? I mean that is crazy not unless if there is need the whole body photo. I mean the only thing that I know is that your face will be the only required to be captured. I remember I was wearing slippers when I applied for NBI clearance in Robinson Otis.
@cearn25 (3460)
It is not convenient for me. I woke up early today and travelled 3 hours just to get to NBI Tuburan (somewhere part of Cebu) but when I get there we are informed they are close for today. I was so mad about it. I read the notice they posted saying that there will be no issuance of NBI clearance because the year and income must be deposited. I was not so lucky though.
• Pasay, Philippines
Sorry to hear that. Good thing I am not living in Cebu. So the agents were lucky because they have Christmas Break. At least here even if there are some who filed for leave then someone is still working.
@enelym001 (8333)
Wow thanks for that information Metatronik. I was also thinking that since this month is the busiest month for everyone, probably there will be lots of people who'd get their NBI clearances too. But then again maybe everyone's too preoccupied and have no time getting one.
• Pasay, Philippines
This is your good chance to get the clearance and yeah maybe because people are now in their respective provinces that is why now there were no many people who are getting the clearance. I have seen the NBI in UN Avenue and I think there were also only few who are getting the clearance but not as few as the Robinson Otis.