I was busy with guests

I confess, I am very irregular here in mylot, it is mainly due to me and my hobby’s health issues due to diabetes neuropathy. He has further started renovation work of one portion of our old home; it will be added to new building, in spite of health issues he tries to keep himself busy. My daughter in laws sister came with her hubby and grown up daughters, we had to take them for sightseeing, I cooked special dishes for them for 3 days, it is natural though, and when they left we gave them new clothes and gifts as per our tradition. I will try to visit mylot and respond to discussions only when I am feeling well. Did you had guests recently, how you treat them? WISHING YOU A HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012. Please comment and share your valued opinion. Kalyani 01/01/2012.
@indi15 (883)
We all are busy now a days because of parties and celebrations. But now when new year has come and we all are back, we can spend more time here in mylot. Happy new year to all.
I will try to spend more time her.. Thanks for response. Happy posting, cheers. Kalyani
@cotruelove (1038)
• Denver, Colorado
I recently got back on myLot, and looked for you and the professor and now I see your picture. I didn't do any entertaining at my house this year, my hubby has been sick. Hopefully he will go to the doctor after this weekend and see if they can help him. I think he will have to have some surgery for a hernia. But he has some other health issues also. Happy New Year to you and your family and hope the addition to the house doesn't take as long as the remodeling did. Blessings on you!
Welcome back sister Sorry to know about illness of your hubby, take care, it is part of life, god bless, HAPPY NEW YEAR to both of you. Happy posting, cheers. Kalyani
@jaiho2009 (39021)
dear ma I am too much busy with so many things lately too. I had guest days before the new year's celebration and had to give them the best accommodation and hosting as well. They don't come everyday so- its really nice to have them visit me once in a while. I like having guests esp my loved ones. Wish to visit you one day, or you and da will visit us one day...(hopefully)
Jane beti Wish we could fly and meet all friends there in Philippines, more particularly You and Honey, Grace and Beth. HAPPY NEW YEAR again, god bless you. Blessings from us.
@tigeraunt (6331)
hi kal, i have met them. really! it was two days ago. the professor and i were on chat then they all came. and we had a real grand time talking because the professor allowed them to use his computer. hope i see them again. happy new year! ann
Yes hubby told me about your chat and the girls Asmaa and Surayaa were so happy talking to you. Happy posting, cheers. Kalyani
@bagumbayan (2707)
Me, too not to busy with mylot. I also was so busy with my work and was not able to go to our hometown last Christmas and this New Year. However, my other brothers and sisters and other cousins met last Dec. 22, 2011 as one of my niece got married. Though we usually dont see each other we find time to say hello thru a sister or thru telephone or cellphone. Usually we do have guests in our hometown place but here in the city we usually dont have. I visit my sisters house and she visits my housse. We do communicate.
Thanks for the detailed response, i am happy to learn it. Happy posting, cheers. Kalyani
hi Kalyni I love your tradions of cooking for relatives and giving them guests its show your Indian love for family. We of course do love our families for the most part but we have few traditions that reflect our national customs like that. I do hope your diabetes is not giving you problems. Here In the Us I had the flu over Christmas, now my son and my roommate are both do wn with some sort of viral illness, sore throat, coughing the works. I am almost well myself and feeling much better too. I do wish You and the Professor a wonderful New Year full of all that is good and loving.
tyoi alert giving them gifts not guests sorry.
@surekharathi (14134)
Aunty I am also irregular some time due to guests some time because of not feeling well. Now schedule is busy because in our home painting is starts for new year. Guest will came on 30th and 31st. Today I not feeling well even my birthday but cant go anywhere.
@JenInTN (27565)
Guests can really keep you busy. I haven't had an guests recently. I had guests last summer that had never been to my area and we were sight seeing and running around most of the time when they were here too. I like it better when I have guests in the summer because we can get out more. The winters are usually very cold and everyone would prefer to stay in.