Don't you guys think many people celebrate New Year in wrong ways?

@diillu (5128)
Sometimes I think that for many people .. celebrations are just another reason to drink and get drunk. I was out for new year eve party and have fun with my friends. But I saw lots of people getting drunk and getting wasted. I know its not my problem waterer they do but I just feel that if you are that drunk to celebrate something than how are you going to remember how did you celebrate. And not to forget the face about drinking and driving and the drunk drivers causing lots of accidents. As for me, I am a drinker but I never drink to get wasted. I want to enjoy and celebrate with my friends and family. What do you guys think about this?
@sid556 (31005)
Hi Diillu, Well, yes, there are some that do over-indulge a bit but also many who don't. I worked last night in the store and truthfully, it seemed kind of mild. There were a few that you could tell were on their way to getting completly wasted but they do that anyway. A lot of them were just having small get-togethers in their homes or with friends. Seemed to me that most were being really responsible. Even the ones that were really partying seemed to be smart enough to have designated drivers. I honestly don't care as long as they don't drive and put themselves and others in danger. I'm sure there were some that did...there always is but for the most part around here looked pretty tame.
@diillu (5128)
Its really good to know some people really care about the idea of having fun and really respect other people as well. Its really a good idea to have a different designated driver if theres chance that the driver is getting drunk. I think people should really think about this. As for me, this year I saw many drunk people. I was riding on a public bus and there were a group of man, drunk and shouting.. disturbing all the other fellow passengers. These are the things that really upset me.
@Bamboee (645)
• United Arab Emirates
Many of the beautiful occasions have been misled by people. They treat it like a day of FREEDOM to do anything and everything. Weather it be New Years, Christmas even Valentines! I just think the beauty of the celebration has been lost somewhere. Its all about DOING IT BIG! Expensive parties, Gifts, Celebrities. Where I personally believe that the happiness lies with family and close friends. Appreciate the special moment with them, thank them for their support, ask forgiveness if we ever hurt them, make amends and start new! That's what I believe! Happy New Year To All!
@diillu (5128)
I totally understand what you are saying. These days celebrations are just another reason for people to show off, get drunk.. may be not for many people but yes most of them treat celebrations that way. But what can we do. Its their life and its their celebrations.
@megamatt (14331)
Unfortunately some people do really get a bit too carried away with the celebration of the new year. Given the number of causalities that are going to really occur each and every year, it is a really sad indication about how far people are really going to go. No problem with people really having a couple drinks, as long as it is done in a responsible manner. Sadly, they take it away too far. And every year there is some kind of crash. Let's face it, the weather this time of the year in some parts, with ice and snow on the road, that can be potentially dangerous sober. However, when there are going to really be problematic when they are going to go on the road drunk. Celebrate the new year with a drink if you must, but with some, when they say a drink, it rarely is just a drink.
@diillu (5128)
I totally understand what you are saying. And in the times like these.. you see many people getting drunk and driving. Drinking and getting drunk or getting wasted is never a problem but when people starts to disturb other people and starts to ruin other peoples fun then its a problem, but they never understand. Anyways happy new year and happy my lotting
i think it is wise to drink carefully, you do not want to go overboard that is very dangerous. People will always find an excuse to get drunk if they can. I don't drink.
@drow1212 (169)
I know what you mean for many people its about partying or 'breaking in' the new year. I find its backwards to celebrate something if your not going to remember it the next day, what was the point of what you did that night then?
@trisha27 (3505)
I agree with you that sometimes people do celebrate New Years the wrong way, especially when they drink too much. Never one year have a brought in the New Year and got extremely drunk. I may have a little bit of something to drink and then that is it. I like to remember how I brought in the New Year. I would never want to get totally wasted because then I would not remember like you said.
@aerous (13474)
For us it maybe wrong ways when we see those people got drunk because it seems they can't feel the coming of new year. But for them it's more fun and feeling very much happy...
@knicnax (2234)
I wish more people would think like us. It's a sad reality that people want to get drunk, or rate how good a party is with how wasted they'll get. These people don't think about the repercussions of their actions
i too think the same, the only way to celebrate for some peoples is drinling alchols. and their is one another thing for which i wan to critisize them is for fireworks, fireworks they do is another way of celebration even they are aware that they are affecting enviroment in hazardous way.
I Think new year should be like that which gives happiness to not only u but also to others .....so u should donate some amount from which u r going to celebrate....... happpy new year
@simsim11 (106)
I agree with you. Even I have seen many people overdrunk on the New Year Eve and spoiling the mood of the celebration. I used to go out with friends for the New year Celebrations and always it end with some nuisances from some of our friends. From the past five years, I never used to go out for the Celebrations. Always I will celebrate with my family.If I am in a mood I will have one or two drinks and wind it. We will call most of our friends and relatives and wish them the new year in advance.
I hardly socialise these days although I keep getting invitations from friends neighbours and relatives but going by the interest most have to attend such functions many feel left out if they are not invited. I have a good idea. How about making money by selling my invitations. I am sure there will be buyers!
@skyxie (63)
I am not a drinker. but i like to partying, especially during my teens day. Sometimes its really fun and sometimes depressing. But since i get married, i have totally stop the activity and now i saw the activity in different perspective. for me, the activity is fine is are not totally into it. i mean to join the activity to just get the feel of it. don't get too involved and you will be fine.