Is your school a tourist destination?

@secretbear (19466)
My current school where I go for my graduate studies is definitely a tourist destination. People who come in our town would definitely not miss going there because of the nice places, buildings and architectures. There's also a botanic garden inside our school where students go for educational field trips. National events have also been held there and celebrities and bands have graced our school. My college is a sister school of my current school but it's not equally a tourist destination just like my current school. Still, it's a place to go for research and educational visits. How about your school/s?
• Calgary, Alberta
My alma mater is just a catholic school with no relevance to our country's history. its tuition fee is so expensive and it sucked my parent's wallet dry because the school projects were damn expensive. we dont really have something worth visiting on that school well it has air conditioned classrooms but its not breath taking enough to be worth visiting.
@secretbear (19466)
A private school for boys?
• Calgary, Alberta
boys and girls, Its Saint Joseph parochial school in Gagalangin Tondo. that is school is bad at disciplining students.
@secretbear (19466)
I read your discussions about teachers not accepting student's correction. Are they from this school?
@maximax8 (27964)
I think that you school sounds really lovely. I am keen on attractive looking architecture and botanical gardens. Wow! I am pleased that it is a tourist destination. I went to an infant school which was knocked down to make way for a supermarket. They rebuilt it on a site a little further away. I went to an ordinary looking secondary school. The further education college that I went to looked amazing. It was designed in the shape of a ship. I had a study bedroom overlooking the River Thames. Sadly it was knocked down and they built a housing development. They left the old abbey because it is grade one listed.
@secretbear (19466)
Designed like a ship? That's amazing! It's unfortunate that they knocked it down.
@maximax8 (27964)
Yes, it looked just like a ship and I miss it a lot. I studied there in 1988 and 1989. I went back many times in the 1990s and it was all closed up. I went to a college reunion in a pub called The Pier in 2002. I was shocked to walk around and see the housing estate instead of the lovely college. I am pleased the children's park and old abbey remain. It was called The Merchant Navy College. I studied Business and Finance Shipping and Transport. I will never forget the indoor swimming pool, the river boats and my study bedroom with the river view.
@secretbear (19466)
Wow. I can imagine how lovely the scenery is there. It must have been inspiring to study in such a place.
@ckyera (17261)
Hi Secret! I guess you are from UP! My friends and I are one of those who likes visiting the place back then, well I definitely agree with you that your school is really a nice place where most people will enjoy and learn many things. The botanic garden is really popular but too bad that I was not able to visit it. As for myself, the university where I graduated is definitely not a tourist destination but rather a rally destination! haha Happy New Year!
@secretbear (19466)
I'm currently taking my masters at UPLB but I graduated from UPV. Rally destination??! Where is that?? I know UPD has the most number of student activitists.. Are you from UPD?
@ckyera (17261)
PUP
@enelym001 (8333)
My college school is not a tourist destination. But TV shows has been held there before and once when I have graduated there already I've seen the same show again went there. Some bands have held a small concert there as well.
@secretbear (19466)
Thanks for sharing!
@jillhill (37384)
I don't got to school but where our university is..well there is tons to see and do so it definately is a tourist destination. There are two zoos....tons of restaurants.....museums....historical things like Fort Snelling...so many people go to visit and our university hospital is one of the best in the state.
@secretbear (19466)
Wow, there are two zoos in your university? That's amazing! We have a botanic garden but we don't get to see the birds and the animals there since they live freely there.
@bagumbayan (2707)
Happy New Year. I have been to different schools here in the city but though some are nice and beautiful they are not tourist oriented educational center. One of my school is nean an apostolic center, another near a long river, another in the center of all schools, another in a busy center and one in a posh building and another in a business center. I love all the places though.
@secretbear (19466)
Happy new year, too! Yeah, I guess there are only few schools that are tourism-oriented.
@keihimekawa (2010)
I missed you a lot! There are quite a lot of schools in Philippines where tourists can check on right? Is there such a thing like "Educational Tourism"? Lol! To answer your reply, unfortunately no :( Though bands visit our school I can't say it's a tourist destination since it's small and there's nothing much to see but you'll get your fair share of smoke and smog :P
@secretbear (19466)
Missed you, too, kei! Happy new year! I don't think no one has coined the term "educational tourism" yet but schools have been conducting cross-visits within their schools as far as I know.
@drannhh (15211)
My school had a nice botanical garden too. Yes, it was a magnet for tourists, internationally. We call that culture Cosmopolitan because of the diversity.
@secretbear (19466)
Wow, that's amazing, drannhh! That botanical garden must be awesome. Our botanic garden is simple and there's not much to see but a lot of trees and you can hear birds but not see them.
@kun2349 (23475)
Nope, out of the 3 schools i attended, none of them is a tourist spot or destination for anybody.. haha I've never gone beyond college or in any private institution so there's no way there would be tourist coming to my school back then I guess unless a school is commercialized, or has something that's contributing to tourism of country, only then it's worth a visit. If not, nobody would actually bother to visit a school.. hehe