Yeah Me!!!

I am now covered with Geico and tomorrow I am getting my plates. I am having a great start to the new Year. It was more than what I wanted to pay. But,I have no choice right now. I went to another company and they said they could not cover me and they were cheaper. What could be the reason being I had no accident or tickets? I asked him and he said it does not give a reason.
Oh my goodness. I'm so happy for you! I'm so excited for you too! I know what it was like when I got my car! I have an old 1998 Acura Integra, but I love it still. Good luck with your car! You sould totally post a picture of it!
I was thinking about changing my avatar when I get a chance.
I will be on the lookout for your new avatar! Can't wait to see it! I bet you're so happy!
@MandaLee (3738)
Hi Sharon, Happy New Year! Congratulations that is terrific news. I hope you are doing well.
Yes,Dear mandalee I am doing great right now. Thanks
@MandaLee (3738)
Dear Sharon, That's great! Please keep us posted, my friend.
Yikes! Geico is a lot more expensive than Progressive and some of the local insurance companies. That has been my experience. But congrats on getting on the road.
Pro wanted 238 per month and geico wanted $155.
@alberello (4755)
Dear friend, sometimes things happen, especially at the social level, that have no logical explanation. In every way I hope you solve this problem.
I will tomorrow I am going in fr my plates.
@sedel1027 (17854)
Congrats! Insurance companies base their rates on different things, including credit score and income. You may have been a liability to the other company. We have Geico too. They are the cheapest company for us. You should find out if you can get an even lower rate if you take a defensive driving class. We paid $20 each ($40 total) for both of us to take an online class and we saved an additional $150/year.
Yes,I can take the course and they will take off 10%. I will take it if I have money left over from my registration...
I am so glad you went with Geico. They have been so good to me. They may bring it down after you have been with them for awhile. When you show you are a good driver. Glad all is going well. Did KK go back to school?
@carolscash (9500)
I know you are excited about having the car and I am sure that it will give you so many more optiions of things that you can do. I can't imagine not having my car to go when I wanted too. My husband has always made sure that I had a car of my own no matter what it too. Insurance companies are strange here too about who they will cover and stuff. Don't sweat it- just be glad you are covered and maybe in a few months you can change to a cheaper company.
@leeloo (1494)
• Portugal
Congrats on getting coverage. Insurance companies have gotten stricter with their policies lately, maybe they are also feeling the pinch and don't take as many risks. That unfortunately means that they will sometimes not insure people for a variety of reason, sometimes reasons they will not divulge, a while back they showed a journalist going into an insurance company and trying to get coverage, well they had their set rate and then they started increasing it in relation to the risks - she had two accidents neither of which were her fault, then her age, the fact that she had been driving for less then 5 years - the price nearly doubled so it was rejected. She asked if they would have told her this if she had phoned in. Would they have told her why they rejected her her request? Their answer - no. She talked to a fellow research journalist and his reasoning - they would rather reject candidates then have the client pay a much higher rate and tarnish their image of having the lowest price in the industry. Who knows.
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
That is odd, they usually can give you a reason why your insurance will cost more than another company. Now that you have your insurance, you will have the time to sit back and check out other insurances and you can always switch to another one if you find them cheaper.
@lilybug (21148)
Congrats on getting your new car insured. Shopping around for car insurance can be a pain. I have Geico. When I was shopping for car insurance a few years ago it was the cheapest I could find.