Can you tell me what I need to know to do god at couponing??

http://www.couponchief.com/ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kate-n-Kaboodle/175492609161606 http://www.stay-a-stay-at-home-mom.com/grocery-coupon-online-classes.html These are all for couponing. the last ne is to buy the course for $17 which is not in my budget. Please tell me what I need t know. I really want to master this. I am even about to make room in my house for my items. Thanks.
@sedel1027 (17868)
Don't pay for a program! Couponing is so simple. To start out you can buy the Sunday paper and print coupons from online (coupons.com). The easiest thing to do is start by clipping coupons for products you buy, get a box or binder to keep them organized. Find a blog that posts the grocery deals in your area, they will show you the best deals in the store for that week and tell you what coupons to use. A good blog will also have a list of free items for the week. Free items typically are found at Walmart, Target, Walgreens and CVS, but sometimes grocery stores have free items as well (for example Kroger and Target have free single serving Kashi cereals). I'm not always on the ball with couponing, I get burned out because it requires a lot of time to save a lot of money. In the last few months I have gotten many items cheap or free. I have found the easiest way to track deals is to like the pages on facebook and then the deals that are posted on the websites are also posted one facebook. Here are a few blogs that I follow: http://myfrugaladventures.com/ http://www.swaggrabber.com/ http://madamedeals.com/
This is very helpful for me. I am printing them right now. I have $5.50 so far. I am going to walmart this week with them. I am trying to learn how to save a site online but i have not yet. Thanks very much.
@sedel1027 (17868)
You are welcome. The best advice I can give you is that no one learns how to save a ton of money over night and only clip coupons you will use (or for free items you will donate). If you purchase the Sunday paper, consider giving away coupons you aren't using whether that be to friends and family, non-profit organization or sending coupons to military personnel overseas.
@sid556 (31018)
Or you could make friends with a store clerk and have her pull the coupons at the end of the night. I work in a store and I do that for one lady and for Christmas she gave me a big tin of Chinese cookies. I don't really care for them but my grandson loves them. The thing is ...they get thrown out after they are counted and accounted for. It is like throwing away cash. Some stores won't do it but a lot of the stores will. It doesn't hurt to ask.
@bagarad (7656)
• Paso Robles, California
When I wasn't working and my kids liked all the processed foods, i was a coupon / refunding queen and bought myself a word processor (over $400) on what I made refunding. That was before the days of computers. You have to be very well organized and have lots of time and hit all the stores with the best specials. I had a coupon wallet organized by product type (paper, laundry, canned, etc.) so I could walk through the aisles and find the coupons I needs easily and check them against the shelf prices. Those were the heydays when you could sometimes get double and triple coupons. Now a lot of the coupons say they can't be doubled and few stores here double them anymore. But I often got a lot of free products. However, I doubt if I really saved that much in the long run, because I was never able to use half the stuff I bought -- especially the dish soaps, etc. -- after the kids left. I had way too much left over for two people to use. I suggest you don't buy more than you can use up in a year unless it's something that can't spoil, like toilet paper. Once I started my business there was no time to keep it up, and by that time we'd changed the way we eat and no longer bought the processed foods with brand names. I buy the cheapest brands, and mostly buy fresh produce, which I normally get at Farmers Market. You usually save much more by making things from scratch if you have time, and many things just aren't that difficult. Fresh foods are also better for you than canned and packaged. I will still buy frozen pizza and add my own veggies and other toppings we like to the plain cheese, but I only buy them on sale . WE used to have a small group that got together once a week to exchange coupons we wouldn't use for ones we would use, since we all got the Sunday inserts. That was not only social, but expanded our number of usable coupons, since we did not all use the same brands. Hope that helps. Just ask yourself if the time would make you more working your Avon or MyLot.
@sid556 (31018)
I remember those days of couponing and refunding back in ...was it the early 80's? A friend of mine would come over every Saturday morning and we'd plan our shopping trip using coupons and see who could save the most. Back then they doubled coupons and you really could save if the product was something you could actually use. I found though that it was a lot of work for very little savings and often easy to get caught in the trap of buying things that you normally would not just to use the coupon. The refunding...got a few small checks but it was so time consuming and I quickly got bored with it.
@akmyers (22)
I would skip the class. Either buy the Sunday paper or ask a friend/neighbor for their copy after their finished reading it. Look at your weekly flyers and plan meals around what is on sale at Walmart or your store of choice. I save a lot of money planning around weekly sales. I cycle through Kroger's, HEB, Target, and CVS. Over the course of the year, you will notice a pattern of when these and other stores put paper products, cleaning products, sunscreen, etc. on sale. These sales plus your coupons will save you a bundle on staples. Try setting up a coupon swap with your friends/family. I pull coupons that I do not use for friends and they do the same for me. Check out the clearance section of your stores for great deals on food, housewares, etc. If you shop online, consider signing up for ebates.com. The membership is free. When you buy from one of their online partner stores, you get a percentage of your purchase back (they also have coupons). They will send you a check for the amount. Lastly, use generic brands where you can. You pay less and usually get a comparable products. I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. Great information on this thread.
@sid556 (31018)
I wish I knew myself. I'll be following this discussion in hopes of getting some tips. I will say that yesterday I got over 26.00 worth of stuff for under 15.00. I went into CVS and scanned my card on their little scanner thing...got a 4.00 reward bucks so that is an automatic 4.00. I then bought my grandson a remote control car valued at 19.99 at 75% discount, 3 large bottles of panteene conditioner, a candle, a roll of toilet paper and some dish soap ..all for under 15.00.