Pepsi among companies using aborted fetus cells for research

pepsi-is-funding-the-research-and-development-and-paying-royalties-to-senomyx-which-uses-hek-293-human-embryonic-kidney-cells-to-produce-flavor-enhancers-for-pepsi-beverages I recently researched this as someone told me aborted fetus cells were used IN Pepsi products! However from what I have found, this is untrue. The cells have been used in laboratories to test different flavours as far as I can understand. This seems quite an immoral practise to me, though I suppose if the babies have already been killed, what difference does it make...
Though this is not a thought that is appealing to me, I would think that people would have to authorize that the cells be used for any kind of research. In saying this, though I would never personally authorize my cells to be used for research, it is not illegal or immoral to do if people do give their authorization. With that said, I really don't understand what good using fetal cells would be for the research of a soft drink company.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
I'd be interested in your source also. I hope it's not true.