Is dog meat palatable?

@nicanorr (1789)
I knew of places in our country where dog meat is considered a delicacy. I confess to have tasted dog meat cooked in the best possible way several years back, but I couldn't force myself to eat the dish. My stomach turned seemingly cold and my mouth waters- it was my first and last. Any reaction on eating dog meat?
@stanley777 (7177)
I guess I have tasted it when I was still young.I can't say that I like it though, but most drinkers likes it especially when the dish is hot and spicy. Mostly dog meat dishes are cooked with too much chili in it and besides some medical experts says that rabies is still there even when it's cooked.So I never taste it again.
@nicanorr (1789)
hello stanley777: We must have the same experience on tasting this kind of meat because we hail from the same archipelago. I'm sure you likewise are not sold to the idea of killing dogs just for their meat. Dogs are loyal friends. Some dogs have seen the headlines of newspapers for saving the lives of people.
Yes, you are right. I don't like dogs being killed just for their meat. They say that dogs are man's best friend, then why killed them, because of their meat. I guess now there's a law, that prohibits slaughtering dogs for their meat.
@nicanorr (1789)
Do you have dogs without owners there? What's the people's reaction on them? On their manners of disposing waste, do they affect the community's cleanliness?
@FluxNL (503)
• Netherlands
I don't even think about it! I only eat beef and chicken. I won't eat an other meat, not for even a million. Those little puppies are pets not meat to eat it. But some people like it and I respect their taste, but don't eat it where Iam :)
@nicanorr (1789)
You've such a very high regard for pets. In other places culture has something to do with eating canine food. It does not mean to say that all love the meat, only they are forced or influence by circumstance.
@chiwasaki (4661)
I have not tried to eat dog's meat and I do not even want to try. I have some neighbors who eat dog's meat before and they say it is really delicious. But they are also worried that they will be sick or get some disease by doing this so they do not want to try this. I am really sad to see dogs are being killed for their meat alone.
@nicanorr (1789)
Thanks for your response, chiwasaki. I do see you very clear as a dog lover because of your dog logo and the heart it bears. By the way, are you near Antipolo city? I think the city is a nice place, overlooking Manila. Am I right?