Will The Government Bail Out Our Schools?

@gtargirl (5385)
It's that time of year again. Our kids are filing their FAFSA papers (here in the USA). College students are protesting because tuition is going up again. In California it's first come, first serve with the Cal Grants. Why can't the government bail out our schools? And for that matter, if our kids can't find the jobs after graduation why aren't they given amnesty on their loans, or at least grace till they find jobs. Can we start a petition already? Okay, sign on the dotted line please. Bail out our schools Mr. President. Reconstruction on our roads can wait.
@AidaLily (1450)
They wont bail out the schools. They don't even want to give grants anymore to people applying for financial aid. They just give out loans to put college students in deep amounts of debt. College prices are going up and in my honest opinion it is pointless to go to college anymore. The chances of a college graduate getting a job they are qualified for with their degree are slim to none. Everything is either on the internet or they want people with lots of experience in the field. The graduates can't get the experience needed so they aren't going to be able to get the jobs unless they really really really stand out. Besides, our government is more interested in giving themselves bigger paychecks, lowering taxes on wealthy americans who believe that the reason the rest of us aren't rich is because we're lazy when reality is that we can't even get our foot in the door unless they say its ok, building a huge pipeline which just seems like a bad idea but hey us taxpayers love getting taxed more and more so they can spend it while taking our jobs away, and not one of those politicians... republican, democrat, whatever... do anything until election time. So we are screwed.
@flowerchilde (12520)
Every body's costs are going up so far.. yet this includes taxes and taxpayers, and government can only bail out so much before taxpayers are broke. But I think government and also some folks think government grows money on the trees, but they have to get it from other people! What is most needed for this complete system is to cut government waste.. then taxes can go down, and also most important(!) is to stop lobbying! For government lets corporations and others get away with things for the sake of the benefits they get from lobbyists!!! These two would solve all rising costs!
@gtargirl (5385)
Actually I think government thinks we, the people, have money that grows on trees. I'm all for cutting government waste which go way deeper than most people even know. I don't like lobbyists either unless it's for groups who represent farmers, or veterans who need help. Something like that would be good right? Just sayin'.
@deebomb (15347)
Hello gtar. I don't think the government should bail out the schools. Government should not bail any one or any thing out. Every time the government has bailed something out it has gone belly up or costs more tax payers money to sell. I understand the frustration of those college kids. A college education is not always the answer. There is a real need for people in trade and manufacturing. The high schools are the ones failing our kids.
@gtargirl (5385)
I agree. Our high schools need an overhaul. Not the teachers' fault though. I know at one point the teachers in our school district were asked to take a pay cut. And, where are the trade and manufacturing jobs? Only thing around my area are casino jobs. And I don't live in Vegas.