i gave in.

cake - brazo de mercedes.. soft and creamy. yum!
@jazel_juan (15767)
I remembered a fellow mylotter's discussion yesterday about giving in to temptations ( hi ms. jai!) well, i just gave in to one..and i forgot to mention this in my reply to her discussion.. i told her chocolates and books..and i have one great temptation i always gave in.. and this is it - pastries. I just gave in to one last night. Hubby took me for a quick dessert ( before we had that little rift - my other discussion) I had brazo de mercedes. I really really really love this dessert. What type / kind of cake you always give in? some like black forest, or the red velvet cake..or a moist chocolate cake.. i love this - brazo de mercedes. the pic i attached is the one i had last night, i had to take a picture of it and share it here.
@ardoy0731 (6865)
I like eating cakes too.I love black forest too, sansrival, mocha or any kind of chocolate cake.I like to eat cakes.Last night I ate cake cause it is my nephew's birthday.
@jazel_juan (15767)
so do i..but i am not into mocha though..but i love chocolate cakes.
@beamer88 (4268)
We've been eating brazo since I was a kid. Lately though I had to refrain from one 'cause it's really has a high sugar content which my doctor had advised me to minimize my consumption of such sugar-rich food especially pastries and cakes. But my family still buy this from time to time and I sneak in a fork-full but only the white portion of the brazo :)
@jazel_juan (15767)
i love brazo since i was a kid too..and till now, it is my favorite and won't get over it. hahaha but then i am refraining from it too because i have high sugar levels.. but just last night i gave in hahaha
@salonga (27964)
chocolate cake - A slice of cake
I am not very fond of ordinary chiffon or chocolate cake but if you will offer me cake with nuts and fruits blends and also a variety like that of chocolate marjolaine, I'd give in without any second thought. I love cakes with something more in it than just chocolate and bread.
@ajalitus (127)
I usually give into pecan pie. I guess its more of a pie than a cake but its still a sweet. Pecan pie is practically the only sweet that can taste great despite having excess sugar, in my opinion. I don't think it's that horrible to give in to temptations periodically. People are unrealistic at times. Humans get cravings. You'll eventually satisfy your cravings unless you have a heart of steel or are ultra determined. In my opinion, its better to eat a slice of pie once in a while, than to hold it back for a longer period of time, and then eat two whole cakes.
@kingparker (9698)
About pastry, I am not a big fan of it. I just don't like super sweet dessert. I would rather have fruit as my dessert, at least it won't make me fat. Lately, I just dislike cake, and other sweet stuff. I hope that I can keep it this way as long as I won't fall for such temptation again.
hi jazel juan the only cake I can safely eat is Sarah lee leom sugar free cake. now mind you black forest cake i love bu t one drawback. I do not dare eat it. I am a no 2 diabetic and cake reallywill make me ill.I had to forgo a slice of butterscotch pie this noon and eat jello. I love butterscotch pie. but I also love being well and feeling good too.I wish it was otherwise but it is not so I bypass the cakes.I can eat a slice of cheesecake and not get ill however.