I had to talk to my daughter last night..

She feels bad that I can't give her money like I was before. I no longer have her check due to her being in school. They data on her computer costs $25 and she was talking about selling her computer to get a iphone. I told her life is hard for all of us and selling her computer would not make things better. I told her when she has no time on her computer to just put it away till she gets it. I was able to send her the money the next day because Adrian gave me money. I had to remind her how much she has had growing up and now it is time for her to get a job. So,she let me know after she gets her high school done they will take her job hunting. Since she will be moving on her own she can get cable with wifi and use her ipad when ever she likes. She wants to stay where she is upstate and stay in school longer. I think that is a great idea. So,we are looking for a place there and she will pay 6 months rent upfront and I will drive 8 hours and stay a week with her. Then come home and drive back in two months and stay a week again with her. That is till she gets a roommate and wants to be alone. LOL I love when we can talk and get things done. she is at the soup kitchen and I can't wait to hear how it went.
@LaDeBoheme (2000)
She has the money to pay 6 months rent upfront?! Tell her to sell her iPad and keep the computer, buy the data or whatever she needs for school, and forget the iPhone until she has a job and can afford it. We can't always get what we want and the sooner we learn that Mommy isn't always going to foot the bill, the better off we will be. Selling the computer may pay for an iPhone, but who pays the monthly data plan? Hmm?
She has only one thing and I think it is called an ipad. She wanted to get the iphone but your right she will not be able to pay the bill. She has a lawsuit and gets money from that.
@Lhenni (1246)
Wow, glad to hear that you're still attached with one another. Oh well, blood is thicker than water as the saying goes. Whatever pain, hurt and headaches you felt with each other... there's still this attachment... a mother and daughter's that can't be deny! Cheers giffy!
That is the good thing about us.. Thanks
@stephcjh (32327)
I am glad that you both are able to talk to one another now. That is the same way with my daughter and I now. It makes it so much easier and peaceful. She may be able to earn some income online. That is what I do every day.
That will not work for her because she can't afford to pa to be online long enough to make anything.
While she is in school it is probably hard for her to have the money she needs. I’m not sure if she has time or the opportunity to work and earn money while she is away at school or not. In the mean time, I think she should moderate her time on her computer and NOT sell that. She would never get her money out of it because being used anyone would just about steal it from her. Those IPads are very expensive.. about $900 I think new… I would just have her moderate her time on it and put it away when she is out of data. I have a mini laptop that I have 4 gigs of data on.. it’s neat… I’m using my other laptop that is hooked up to wifi.. my other one is on an air card that I can take anywhere. It costs about $60 a month to pay for a 4 gig air card.
our right I also told er with a chip on the end of it she will never get the money she paid for it. $800 at walmart. I will get her the data when I can so she can call me on it.
I am so thankful for the times that my granddaughter and i can talk. I raised her and feel like I am her mom. My daughter and i are in a good place now and talk alot. It is a good feeling. It is good she has you close and willing to come stay with her while she gets used to being on her own.
@cutepenguin (6457)
It sounds like your daughter is starting to see that she needs to do something to get anything out of life. Now you'll be able to move on as well, and you can have more of an adult relationship with her.
It is good for a daughter to feel a mom's support no matter how old a girl gets. Mom is the only person a kids can always count on.
@carolscash (9500)
That is wonderful and I am glad that it sounds as though she is making some good plans. I think that it is nice that you give her money when you can and I hope that she sees that she can't have all that she wants at one time. My daughter is learning this too and she is struggling with it, but she didn't have all the hot stuff that other kids did when she was growing up so she should understand it. Plus, she has worked since she was 14 years old and graduated from high school.
I think it is great that she is in school. Education is important and is necessary to be successful. I know when I was an undergraduate I had worked and went to school, but after I had gotten married I had just attended school. I am now in graduate school living with my parents (because Randy lost is job and now since he broke his foot and has a foot condition called Charcot's foot. Charcot's Foot is a complication of diabetes that almost always occurs in those with neuropathy (nerve damage). When neuropathy is present, the bones in the foot become weakened and can fracture easily, even without there being any major trauma. As the neuropathy is present, the pain goes unnoticed and the person continues to walk on it. This can lead to severe deformities of the foot. As this can be very disabling, early diagnosis and treatment is vitally important. he is unable to look for work because the doctor does not want him to work for anywhere between 3 months to a year. I want to work, but then I do not because I feel I need to be home for him since he cannot get around that well. He is supposed to have a wheel chair, but the doctor forgot to order it and on Tuesday he gets a plaster cast on it. My husband and I have financial aid from school and food stamps, but my parents want us to help them with bills. I hope your daughter finds what she is looking for and wish her the best of luck.
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
I am glad to hear that your daughter is making plans for her life. That means she is thinking positive which is a good sign. It is hard to learn to live within your means when you are use to living a certain way for so many years. Before she knows it she will be use to living with what she can afford. I remember when we lost our main income, it wasn't tough at first but it eventually got there. It will be nice for you to help her find a place. It sounds like the two of you accomplished a lot on the phone.
@sid556 (31003)
Yes sometimes having to wait for the stuff we want is the best thing for us even though it doesn't feel it at the time. She'll get there. I see a lot of progress in her over time...she is getting there.