No Cake On The Portrait This Time.... I Ate That Cake on Jan 1st

MyLot family of theSids - This is a tribute and a Thanks to all my friends, family members @ MyLot. Thanks for bearing with me. Warm HUGS to all dear ones
@thesids (22358)
Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Lotters and Friends Last year's Portrait had a Delicious looking Yummy Cake welcoming the New Year. Unfortunately, today it is already 11 days into the new year and so there is no cake that I could serve you. Actually, I had got a cake for the party, but then thought, it wise to have it all by myself rather than share - just because I did not want it to be served stale or even munched upon by the Ants that I have here... Trust me, that has nothing to do with my taste buds that always go over chocolates and its flavored items (eateries of course). I could have got a fresh one but the occasion of New year is gone now. And the Year is already older by 11 days. However, in case you feel that a Cake is a must for the party, I never say NO to cakes you know... To make this a discussion kind of thing, I have a simple question - Did you ever had to eat out the party items just because the party got delayed by days? Cheers theSids
@inu1711 (5288)
Aire-oua incondeiate - Easter eggs with the portraits of my friends' dogs.
Hello thesids and may you have a successful new year! (I haven't been active lately so I hope you'll accept my wishes, even if they are eleven days late ) You have to do something with those ants. I wouldn't like to eat a cake that has been touched by them. To answer your question, no. It never happened to delay a party so much. I usually don't make any preparations until the time of the party is sure. I loved to see your work with your myLot family. I know how much work stays behind a picture like that so you deserve our admiration. I did this once, when I wanted to surprise my Airedale lover friends. I worked a few days for that surprise and look to the result:
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi inu I found those ants trying to party on that cake of mine... and you know how much I love that chocolate flavored eateries... Couldnt see them devour on that yummy cake. The biggest issue while doing this pic was where to place whom. There are many who will fit in the different sections. So I stopped thinking and did what my heart dictated. I know you were away for some mysterious reason best known to you... and as I had a hope that you would return, I put you on the section along with friends and family members whom I would love to see more often Oh yes, this is our first interaction this year and I wish you a very warm, healthy 2012.
@inu1711 (5288)
So you were so generous to share your chocolate cake with the ants? Was this the spirit of Christmas, or what? I imagined you wouldn't like to share the chocolate cakes with anybody! I saw where you placed Nera's photo and I loved to see it there. I hope I'll have more time to be here not to disappoint you.
@enelym001 (8333)
Hi Godson I saw me there on the portrait It's okay not to have a cake let the ants eat them. We can set another late party and have a new cake to feast on! We suppose to have a small party on December 30 but my friend can't make it so that was moved to January 01 yet another friend can't make it coz he got sick. Then it was cancelled already now coz our venue, my house... is being torn down now we have to wait til our house is clean and fixed. My dad has eaten some chips and drinks already. Told them we can have the party when everything's done here at home.
Belated Happy New Year...dear one! There's always CAKE and a party at my house...DECEMBER 29th! My poor son, was born between the two holidays..Dec. 29th, so in our house, we celebrate Christmas, New Years and his birthday that day...and it was a great party this year...SEE YOU NEXT YEAR?
@enelym001 (8333)
Hi dear pergammano Nice to see you here again! We definitely should celebrate it together, coz my birthday is December 30th! At home, we also celebrate New Year and my birthday on New Year's Eve! So my mom would always buy cake on 30th. But we will only eat it on 31st Christmas is a little normal for us, we will just have a late dinner together.
Well....Much love, and HAPPY Belated Birthday, dearheart! Sometimes I feel recrimination for giving birth to my son, during all the other times of celebration....as a child, I had a big belated party in July, for him...but now being an adult, I make it all about him. He, I think, doesn't too much care for the focus...but after all is said and done--it is fun, combining it all in ONE! Once again, Happy Birthday!
@JenInTN (27565)
What? No more cake? Not even a teeny weeny itty bitty piece? I can not say that I have ever had to eat everything because of a delayed party but I can say that there were things at the party sooo good that I had to stash aside a little something that I would be sure would be all mine later.
what the name of the cake
Jen...thesids, I think, is going to spend the new year disproving old expressions..another one down! "YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CAKE, and eat it too!" I think that I shall bake "thesids" a cake and send it yonder to him! There actually is a wonderful cake, called a "War Cake" that wives, Mothers, Grandmothers baked during the wars...and sent over-seas...it actually arrived tastier than, when first baked! I should send you the recipe..it contains NO dairy...but it is one I keep on hand, just in case. Rainbows, my princess!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi JenInTN I had to stash aside a little something that I would be sure would be all mine later sounds like a YUMMY Idea I will definitely attempt this one at the next party I attend... But what if I get caught You appear on the second section along with my family members.
@jaiho2009 (39019)
No worries about the cake sids. I will slice the cake on Sunday
@enelym001 (8333)
really have lotsa food there, I am getting really hungry now
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi di for the cake on Sunday. See, I cannot resist my taste buds... blame it on winters or even me but... errr! Why do you need to slice that cake... you can send it to me without any slicing... I will mange that slicing on my own My di is on the second section where all the family is
@tamirs (1808)
i should have change my profile picture if i only knew you'll do this i am not smiling there .
@tamirs (1808)
there should be some one not smiling for nothing Kiddo loves cake sunny even if it's 2 weeks old but sid ate all of it
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi tamirs You know, there are only a few MyLotters on my family portrait who dont wear masks. They even dont care about their original looks - there is another one by the name - toni (one of my dear friends who is staying away these days) - she keeps changing her pic/avatar every month just to show her real self. That is something really good. I agree with praaji here that there should be someone not smiling for nothing And yes, I know a stale cake is not that great for anyones health and so I ate that all just to save everyone from upset... Do I need to tell you that you are on the section of my Family in the portrait?
Seeing my picture among your family of Mylot friends, sid, really made me so happy. Though as i have commented earlier on the collage, i regretted that i didn't put my picture but that of my nephew and niece. Anyway, i don't ever get late for the party. I don't want to miss out any fun and the foods of course. But if the party got delayed by days, of course i would eat those that are already perishable in a day or two. And i am a voracious eater, sids.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi SimplyD Yes, I remember on another discussion that was about arriving late, you had mentioned that you would reach at the station quite early as you never want to be delayed. Yes, this time, it isnt you in the picture but definitely is great to know that you are represented by your niece and nephew - so to me, it is like meeting my own niece and nephew. Hugs to both of them (and you too for using them on the avatar) You are on the second section that is for family
Oh you remembered that, indeed your memory is fantastic, sids! Thank you for putting me in that family picture. I appreciate it so much.
@akp100 (13328)
Hi bro.. Its good to see nice pic of mine this time. So now I can change few of avatars..ha ha. But you didn't give categories in pic this year. But its not matter as it look like a single family now. Well, few times but I even got cake on delayed party. So I will demand the same for this party too.. ha ha :)
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi bro Of course you can change anything as your avatar now. Yes, this year I did not put Categories. I thought to put it on the discussion but the Impatient me Took over Never mind, you are on the second section which is for family
@akp100 (13328)
@sid556 (31005)
You're so funny, Sids!! And also, you are pretty good I see, at coming up with a zillion excuses for eating that cake. I can't say that I've ever been in your spot exactly. I do recall one occasion where one of my daughters cut into the cake before the party because she just couldn't resist. Like you, she had all sorts of logical excuses. I had to explain to the guests why the cake was already munched on but my daughter was right...no one really minded other than me. love your stories, by the way!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi sid Yes, I do agree and Kids will be kids - that is what makes them stay innocent and the loved ones. But hey, you mention zilion excuses. Please share if you can as I really do need to know some more of those reasons because at times it becomes difficult to convince my wife btw, do I need to share that you exist on the section of my family on the portrait
@sjvg1976 (18386)
Hello Sids, Its good to see myself in the MYLOT family. I love cakes and i don't mind if you serve me a stale one as i love anything which is served by love but seriously i never had to eat out the party items just because the party got delayed by days.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Sjvg Good that your parties did get on time and you had no issues For the portrait, the last year I had one slice of cake on that but as it was done and uploaded on 1st Jan, the occasion and the reason was logical. This time, I had the cake on 6th but as it didnt upload, I had to remove.
@viju0410 (2286)
Hi thesid, 11 days or 11 years, i always love the cakes... why did u let the ants ate it, should have kept in refrigerator!!! Though i don't store the left over items of a party for more than a day but at the same time i make sure the same is distributed amongst the near/dear ones 'who did not attend' the party. Gr8 picture and thanks for including me in your family photo. Indeed you have done a great job.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi viju No, I ate that cake and only a little of it went to the ants.. Party time you know I dont like the cakes in the refrigerator as they start to harden here and then they just dont stay soft as cakes should be You are on the section amongst my family here
@Sreekala (22879)
Dear Sidhu, So you had the cake completely, I know that you may do this because kids are always do these kinds of things. Usually we fix the party then do preparations and then no postponement. Here you prepared the cake and think about the party after eating all. Not bad my dear brother. Just enjoy. Anyway we are meeting in mylot for the first time in New Year. So Happy New Year to you.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi didi Actually, I had thought of using the old cake on the party. But then, the party got delayed as MyLot did not upload the portrait on 6th Jan. But the discussion got through. Then some more joined in (on the portrait) and by that time, I realized that the cake will get bad. So I ate it out A B'lated Happy and Prosperous 2012 to you too dear.
@thanks1961 (7049)
http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/2601913.aspx My New Year hours end up in this way - at 8:30-10, my friend called me for a video shooting of their church program as he was leading the chorus (orchestra). I end up the shooting by 10 and quietly left the place (not waiting for the dinner thereafter) and reached at home. We had a get together from the building society with about 60-70 people and programs were organised for children. Daughter and son took part in dances and had the dinner around 11 and by 12:00 as usual we all greeted and acted happy and gone home by 12:30 and spend 1 hr. for chit-chat, still there was no cake ..., by the way, I got your X'mas greetings and which saw only 2 days before as I just missed your words in time. However, apologies for it and wish you and your family the new year with the left out of 11 days after. Hope the rest of the days will make you happy more and best of luck for ever. Thank-s
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Thanks Never mind the delays dear. I know we all were busy and it is good that we are occupied with work than anything else to keep us busy. My new year celebrations were quite a boring thing as I stayed at home. Nowhere to go. That said, I did watch the fireworks and also a movie - The Mask and then listened to the so very sleepy lecture the local community had organized - the orator was either too drunk or feeling to sleepy to speak You are on the second section on the pic and that is for family members.
@mtrguanlao (5527)
Birthday cake of my baby - Mocha cake of my baby for her birthday.
Hi dear Sids! As usual I'm late to your discussion,oh my! As much as I wanted to be a mylot addict again,my eyes can't,huhu! Today is the 4th birthday of my little Crystal and you can oin us in her party,haha! I still have cake here buddy but it is not chocolate flavor,just mocha,hehe! Will give you the whole cake! Here it is,the cake of my baby! By the way,I don't mind if your party is delayed as long as there's a party,lol! Cheers buddy!
@mselin (77)
That is a very cute cake. hope ur baby had a blast at the birthday party
Hi mselin! Welcome to mylot! Oh yes,she had so much fun! We made so many balloons for her and she enjoyed it much,haha!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Thanks for the cake dear MTR I wish someday I would personally be around to give dear Crystal a hug and a great choco or a cake on her great day. The Sections: First - For those who are my Icons. Second - My Family Third - These are the lotters I would love to see and interact more often Fourth - Friends Fifth - Those who are absconding at the moment and are nowhere to be seen
@pergammano (7755)
NOT only did I NOT get any cake...nor an invite...I got kicked out of the family....so, YES, all the "goodies" I prepared for the party, I am indulging in myself! I have a wonderful son, whom gladly packages up..and takes to his home, all the concoctions Mother has cooked for any party! Mother (me) always has a freezer full of goodies (his favourites)to take home! And for what reason was I dismissed from the "family circle?"
@enelym001 (8333)
Hi my dear pergammano I can see that you are in the family. You're there on the 2nd column, 6th row so let's share the goodies and enjoy the late party
OH BOY...do I have cake on my face (OR is it egg?)...LOL! Need to learn to put my reading glasses on...DON'T I??? I truly, truly am embarassed...and for all the jibes I have given "thesids" over this...How will I gain forgiveness? Send a cake, perhaps? Thanks, dearheart...
@enelym001 (8333)
My dear I am sure that's nothing for sids who is now my Godson, we know how hard it is looking at the screen especially like us who have an unclear vision. But I also think he will love another cake
@bounce58 (17526)
Darn! I didn't get to be included in here. I don't remember any party being delayed by days, but there was one celebration that was a day late. It was my son's. We had the party set up on his birthday, but it was a Friday. And a lot of people called saying they couldn't make it. So we had a small party on that day for the people that did make it. And then we had a lot of desserts for dinner that night. The following day, we had to order food for the ones that made it to our house (and some left over desserts as well).
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi Bounce Unfortunately, I just realized that you are not on my Friends list here. I did want to include the great lotters who are not yet on my friends list, but unfortunately, that did not happen as Mylot didnt allow me to upload a larger image. Never mind, I will be doing another one this year (sometime around August - friendship day) and I hope that by that time, I will be able to find all those who missed out getting featured here. The incident that you mention reminds me of last year's wedding anniversary of my brother. We had been expecting about 50 guests and none turned up because of the sudden unexpected rainfall here in the evening hours. It was much colder too. But as all preparations were all done, we had to ask the neighbor to share their refrigerator so that we could store some at their place. And we had to eat those during the next two days.
@bounce58 (17526)
I bet the neighbor also had a kick sharing and eating the food those two days!
I have never hosted a party. But I have brought back some cake, yes cake, from Bollywood day. Every other month I go to my work, we gather in a meeting room and have a luncheon and see a Bollywood movie. Since I can bake , I make a cake Afterward there is always some to bring back home.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi behen Never mind that you never hosted any party. What is important is that you have your time and enjoy attending the parties or gatherings. And now that I know you can bake, if ever I met you in person, I know I can have a great delicious yummy cake for all of us And I dont think I need to tell you that you are on the Second Section in the pic with all my very close family members at MyLot
Oh Bhai! ( crying tears of joy) I have no words to say how happy you make me!
reading your discussion gave me conclusion that you love to eat lots of cake.hey, i hate cake although at once i am also like you who loves cake. infact i am obsessed with cake. doctors recommended me stay away as much as possible.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
hi jaihobalodiji You hate cakes Okay, that is great for me... at least you will not have a share then These doctors just say about anything... maybe the doctor too loves the cake and thinks if you dont take your share he will have an extra slice... Jokes apart, I too am not supposed to have cakes with cream etc. on medical grounds... but I dont care many times and just let my taste buds feast
hey we have to believe doctors.when they say they mean it
@yspmyl (3438)
Hi thesids, No more cake for the party? No problem, the cake shops are available everywhere over here. I can get it anytime, if I really cannot manage to get one, I can still make one from my kitchen. I don't think it is necessary must have what on what occasion, as long as we celebrate it and feel happy about it, that will be enough for me.
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Hi yspmyl I don't think it is necessary must have what on what occasion, as long as we celebrate it and feel happy about it, that will be enough for me. I loved this response here. After all, when we are friends, the occasions or the items in the party dont matter and at end it is the great time that we share will all the closeness and warmth of the feelings in our hearts
@CTHanum (8254)
Hi sids!!! How dare you eat them before the party??? Never mind it is already too late now..But I still got some chocolates with me!!! We have never delay any party, if we say we are going to have it today then it will be today..I am not sure if we still got foods to serve if we need to delay the party. Of course delay means cancel to me so I will eat all up!!! Happy to see my face on the portrait but I saw there pink lines that divide us into a few groups. What does it mean??(^^)
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
Sorry dear CTHanum! I had no choice as I know it would have been either the Ants or me having that cake. I did not want the cake to go to the ants and so I had to have it all by myself. Now that you have some chocolates with you... would you mind sparing a few to me... I cannot help it... Everytime anyone mentions chocos or even choco flavors... I cannot do anything but either ask or The different sections are now explained on the first response on this page (mtr's) and you are on the first section with my Icons.
@CTHanum (8254)
It's already 5 days and the time I make this reply the number of chocos I have has been decreasing~I want to give you some of it but the Ants will get it faster when I send it to you~ So the first column is The Icons. Who are these Icons???
@myzhian (586)
You can always have some cakes if you like even if there is no any occasion! If this is your favorite then it will always be especial anytime to enjoy!
@thesids (22358)
• Bhubaneswar, India
You can always have some cakes if you like even if there is no any occasion Sounds YUMMY and exciting dear... yes, choco anything is the call of my taste buds. Hope to see you at many other discussions dear.
@myzhian (586)
ok! see again soon!