Could I be in full menopause at 42..

I should have seen my cycle before Christmas and it has not showed up yet. I know I already got pre menopause and the hot flashes.. I took a preg.. test and it was neg. Everyday I look for it to show up and nothing happens. I hate going to the doctor just to here a no. I am thinking it is my time to be done with it. Do you agree with this thought. I am not going to the doctor either.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
Yes, you could be going through the stages of full menopause. I went through it at about your age. It is your call about going to the doctor. I waited until I had to go then talked to hoim about it.
My doctor already told me about the hot flashes being what it was so I figure this is next. Thanks.
@velvet53 (15286)
• Palisade, Colorado
Good luck.
hi gifts I am trying to remember I think I was 46 or so whenI began with hot flashes and the rest so yes you could be one of the earlier ones.I had had a hysterectomy after my second child but they left the ovaries intact.I guess you could be in full menopause at that. I was ten when I started and they say if you started early you will usually begin menopause earlier too.I would wait a while and see as to save yourself a doctor's bill. lol
@sid556 (31018)
Hi hatley, I was 12 when I started and I stopped having periods abruptly with no symptoms at all at age 46...maybe even 45...not sure. We are all different and stop and start at different times. I have 4 daughters and when we all lived together, it was really interesting how we all started within a day or so of each other. I don't know as there is any rhyme or reason to this stuff. It's interesting though, heh?
My daughter and I always started a day apart and right before Christmas she was on and I was not all now. LOL
@MandaLee (3694)
Dear Sharon, It is not common to have menopause at such a young age. I don't think you are done with it.
I hope I am because I am ready for it.
If you go without your period for a year you are in menopause. You could be entering but if you get your period you need to start counting the missed month again. If you don't get your period for a few months I'd go to a doc just for a check up. You most likely are still in perimenopause. I went into it early. I was in perimenopause from 28 on until I was 40. Then I went into menopause.
I hope it is over with for me. I thought 42 was early though. Thanks
@schulzie (4068)
I think you could be in menopause. I'm pretty sure I am going through it myself right now. I get sweaty at night and I have pretty bad mood swings where the slightest thing will get me angry and yelling for hardly any reason. My periods are also a little irregular at times now, I skipped one altogether a couple months ago. I asked my general doctor and she said I might be in menopause and that menopause can last for 10 years! I just turned 46 years old so I don't think I am too young to be going through this. In a way it's a good thing, but then in a way it's not. It just is another sign that I'm growing older, but on the bright side I won't miss having my periods. Hang in there, have a great day, and happy myLotting!!!
@sid556 (31018)
Ten years???!!! Oh my...I was so so lucky! I think I earned that though...just sayin because my periods as a teen were just horrible and very painful. I deserve this little break.
Well, even if you are still in pre-menopause, it can actually happen that you will start to go longer and longer between cycles and that could be what is happening to you. However, it could also be that you are pregnant and your HCG levels in your urine are not high enough to register a positive on an at home pregnancy test. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I could not get an at home pregnancy test to show positive.
You certainly could be. I remember you mentioning that you had hot flashes there for awhile. I am thinking it probably is your time of life. I do agree with that thought. You don't want any more children do you?
@MaryLynn321 (2680)
They say each person is different. I started menopause in my late 40's. I hadn't gotten that time of the month for several years and then got it for a few days. Then it was gone again and has not returned. I wish I would know when the menopause ends completely (the symptoms). I didn't go to the doctor either. I just brought it up to the doctor when I went in for my yearly pap test. I wouldn't worry about it, but I would use some type of birth control as I have heard you can get pregnant during this time.
You could very well being going through menopause. And something to remember is that stress can cause you to start late. By some things you have said recently about hot flashes and such I am thinking it is that time.
@lafavorito (2970)
You could be. My best friend's aunt was just 39 when her cycle stopped and became menopause. Get a doctor's opinion so that you'll be sure.
@winterose (39929)
you have to go a full year with no periods to be in menopause
Nope. You will know that you'll be in full menopause because you will experience something different in your body. You will undergo a deep a changes in your body. Full Menopause is a process, it will not happen immediately it will take a lot of time before it ceases completely.
@jadoixa (1171)
well, it could be that, some women have early menopause..i know someone who had menopause at 43 or 44...or it could be that it is just irregular..