Finding deals through Facebook . . .

If I know that I will be shopping at a particular store or going somewhere where they charge admission, I'm going to look them up on Facebook to see if they have any deals going on (sales/promotion codes/coupons not seen anywhere else!). I saved tons of money during the holiday months through Facebook as some of these places gave deals just for their Facebook fans and friends. Wish I had thought of this sooner! I had been taking for granted the places I "liked" - so now I'm going to take advantage of it and actually READ. For instance, one of our outdoor skating rinks said to mention Facebook and we would get 50% off. Macy's had a 25% off coupon that could be used on top of the great sales they were already having. Six Flags had a Toys 4 Tots drive . . . each person bringing in a toy valued at 20 dollars could get in free (this event is never announced on the Six Flags site) - and had I not read carefully, we would have missed that weekend. That's just to name a few. Did you get any good deals this season via Facebook? Ah, it's another reason why I'll keep coming back to Facebook - ha ha!
Here on mylot,so many mylotters have mentioned the Facebook.However I first heard that it has so many bonuses.Since my English is not all that hot and I am pressed for time,therefore I only registered mylot besides domestic China daily website and Beijing Review.
Facebook is different from myLot. I use Facebook to keep in touch with my friends and family in one spot (it's much easier than emailing everyone individually). You can share photos or videos or links - whatever - it's not really a place for lengthy discussions like we do here. You know what, you can use Facebook in Chinese . . . there are different language options there. I have a few friends who make their posts in Japanese or Chinese. It's possible some of your friends or family are already there that you can connect with. Check it out!! But of course you don't earn any money there - but that's not why we go there. And perhaps you can find some other bonuses there, too!
Thank you for letting me know so much about Facebook.It seems like a website where people can have online chat with each other , similar to our QQ.What interests me is that there are different language options there.
Oh- what is QQ? See, we learn so much from each other on myLot! Hee hee.
@bounce58 (17527)
I hate to admit it, but Facebook really does find a way to get into our daily lives. Not only we've been 'hooked' to it, and can't be away from it for long periods, now you've given another reason to be more on the site. I actually own a small business, and I'm still trying to figure out how I can harness the power of facebook to drive in sales.
Yep, I'm hooked - that's for sure! I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook (which is another story - ha ha), but I'll stick with it now if it's going to save me a buck or two! I don't own my own business (yet) - but I am currently trying to think how I can use Facebook as a marketing tool too in the future (hopefully FB will still around in the next three years!!). Seems like the big draw with the popular "retail" FB pages are contests and discounts of some sort. Best of luck with your business in this new year!!
@bounce58 (17527)
Thanks! And I too, have that love/hate relationship with Facebook!
Well, I've never found any deals that are nearly as good as what you've been able to find on facebook. However, there have been some coupons for free products that I've been able to get through facebook and I've also been able to score some great digital scrapbooking supplies because of liking different designers on facebook. Currently, I'm waiting on a 12 K Cup pack of hot chocolate that I registered for on facebook, it said that would ship in two weeks.
Ah, love those Facebook deals! I signed up for all these freebie sites and haven't really bothered to read the posts on the news feed til recently. I think I have free some lotion samples coming to me via Facebook - oy - I can't remember how long it said it would take to ship (I guess I never hold my breath with these free things). I keep meaning to look into digital scrapbooking . . . I was wondering if I could use the tools to spice up photos for posting on Facebook.
@ritanoot (124)
• Israel
on the moment i didn't looking on facebook for deals. You give me a good idea -) Facebook is usefull for so much things i like it !
Yah! I wasn't looking at the store pages too carefully for a long time - I just kind of ignored all their updates. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner myself! If you "like" the malls near you too, they can give you the scoop on the stores there in one spot (that helps too). Hope you find some more useful info on Facebook (I'm still looking - hee hee).
@ronnyb (6125)
• Jamaica
Wow I am learning something now .I will start foing on facebook for deals now .Persoanlly I dont use facebook much but now you have opened my eyes to an interesting prospect .I notice however that the names you mentioned are american stores so I will have to check to see whther local stores on the island here are making similar offerings
Oh, I hope you find some businesses in Facebook that are out your way! I think there are a lot of online businesses too that share some deals - so perhaps you can take advantage of those too! At first I didn't like "liking" certain companies because I didn't need for people to know my business as to where I shop. But hey, to get certain deals, why not? And because it's the world of Facebook, we can share the news of savings with our friends in an instant (I love it when a friend suggests a page to save money on certain purchases). Best of luck to you - happy savings and happy new year!!