I feel irritated towards my sister..

@jadoixa (1171)
my sister is a very lazy person. she doesn't really care about helping around the house, even just washing the dishes or cleaning the table after a meal. when she is at home, she only sleeps, sit in front of the computer, and eat. today, after lunch, she sits immediately in front of the computer and doesn't care about helping. i told her, " you also help, you wash the dishes this time " and she replied " can't i sit and go on the internet first? " but i already know, after that she will not do her chore, she will go to her room and lie on her bed...everyday, i am the only one left cleaning the mess in the house. one day, i was able to yell at her, because i just cannot keep it anymore..but it seems this has no effect on her..she is still lazy..she is very lazy and untidy individual..
@neonmay25 (208)
Wow, your describing the same person that depicts the laziness of my sister. She is like that we got fight sometimes because of that. The same thing, the same chores as what you have mentioned she does every day. I mean it's very irritating, you have to do all stuffs in the house and as an older sister I reprimand her every time but she just ignore me which trigger me to burst out but she doesn't care and we start to fight. She's so hard-headed but lately she's changed I was shocked. The moment I start to ignore her and tell her to move just once, she started helping me out. That's a good strategy to make her do the chores but I don't know if it will work for you. I'm not sure if that's the one but your problem won't last forever, somehow things will change. She'll get mature soon just like my sister. Take care!
@jadoixa (1171)
she's been like this for years now she is 24 and almost 25 and still like this..it is only a miracle if she will be helping with sweeping the floor or maybe fold the dry clothes but it can only happen 2 times in a month for the dishes and nothing at all in other chores..i'm sure she will experience even worst when she will have her own family and kids..just wait and see..
Haha! I fully agree with you. I know time will come and she will be on her own and sooner have a family. She will definitely have a hard time managing the home and her kids of course. She'll realize it soon and regret why she didn't attempt to do it when she's still young. But still I hope your sis will change. Good luck to you jadoixa and have more patience. :P
@tatzkie23 (774)
I also know someone who is lazy, and that's my brother. Well, sometimes there are really lazy people. And you can't do nothing with them. Why don't you try not to wash her dishes. or maybe try to ask her again with some scheduling in your house chores. Or tell it to your mom. LOL.
@jadoixa (1171)
yes it is really an attitude and can get irritating sometimes..sometimes, i just leave the dishes not washed or the table not clean up but sometimes she just passed it by and go to her room immediately..other times, she had no other choice but to wash it..it is already hard because i am handling a lot on my own already and some people not doing anyhting would not even help..also even if she is at home,,my mom usually gives the chore to me because she is in the room, lying and sleeping only.,.
@tiina05 (2319)
hello, Don't worry you are not alone because my sister she is older than me is also a lazy person because she cant even arrange her things especially in her room. We always cleaned it up for her, I just used to see it maybe that is why I am not angry anymore to her. when you enter in her room we just teased her that it is like there is a robbery who look for something and cant find it because of the messy place. ha ha
@jadoixa (1171)
yes..it's not only her but also my other 22-year-old sister..when they wake up in the morning cannot make their own bed tidy..cannot sweep the floor of their room, i can remember how dusty the floor was..how days and weeks with no sweeping at all..and their clothes in the cabinet are all topsy turvy..the room is just really messy...they are always sitting in front of the computer and eager to go out..when it is their turn to wash the dishes..one of them cannot do it all by themselves..and would always depend on each other..like the other one will soap it and the other will be the one to wash it..and whenever they hang out with their bf at home they sometimes just leave the things they use for eating and drinking on the sink or table and don't even wash it...
@enelym001 (8334)
It's really annoying when you are the only one doing the work while she is just there eating and relaxing. I bet even if you don't wash the dishes and clean the house, it will be okay for her and won't care at all.
@jadoixa (1171)
she doesn't care even keeping her own bed tidy or sweeping the floor of her room..when we go out in the morning and she's the only one left..after we get back in the afternoon..still the dishes are there on the sink and the house not been swept..she will be on the computer always..
@vycess (1590)
• Saudi Arabia
I think it's just normal what you feel to her. I also have the same feeling before towards my brother when we live together in an apartment. Just like you I feel irritated but sometimes He knows that he needs to help and things sort out later on. How old is your sister? People mature and learn things. Sibling rivalry is normal, later on you will get along. :)
@jadoixa (1171)
my sister is already 24 years old,,nowadays she is standby at home because her volunteer nursing job is over and she still waits for another one..she is really like this..
@laydee (12815)
I know how you feel, sometimes our siblings don't really help out because we're there (the responsible one) but over time, they will learn to do things on their own. You could try testing her by leaving her with the dirty things and going somewhere else to eat. Try to see how she's going to feed herself or something like that. No sense stressing yourself out because they're just like that. I could remember my brothers with your sister. They are so dependent on me and my mom, but when they started working away from home, they really learned their lessons. Right now,t hey already help out because they've experience living alone without any help. If they don't move, they can't eat. So don't worry about it, she'll come around. But remember, you can't teach her if you're going to go follow her untidyness and clean for her. Have a great MyLot experience ahead!
Well,if my sister lazy, i command to work that is my personalities and because i want them to work so in the future they will not be lazy but work on her own without telling it..Sometimes they need word from us to tell them to work..
I dont think it is all just laziness. I mean that might be part of it but maybe she has not learned that she has responsibilities yet. If all she has to take care of is herself then she doesnt really know what it means to be responsible.
@stanley777 (7173)
This situation is most common between siblings especially if they are still young. I guess the best thing to solve this problem would be, the parents should give their children their assigned household tasks whenever possible. The siblings can do it themselves too, and this must be done while they are young and able to do some household chores.
@arjunm (439)
Talk to her. Ask why she does all this. May be there's a reason. Once you understand her, or start to understand her at least, you may discover ta solution to the problem. Don't give up on her this easily.
@arjunm (439)
hey, i must say one thing,.. i know this is very bad... but i do same thing like your sister... and my family was quit angry with me... now i realize that how disturbing is this.... i promise u i never do it again.. i always do my work and help my family in this kind of mater
@jkct02 (2861)
I think this kind of situation is quite common in most of the family. It takes discipline and rules to make sure co-operation among siblings is in order. The role of the parents in that is important to use their authority to impose the house rules - "You have to contribute if you are a member of this family". Parents' intervention and enforcer status will decrease the effect of sibling rivalry to the minimum. When the children have all grown up, looking back they will find this episode of their life funny. But when they were in such a conflict, things could have got out of control, and it might have escalated into something hurtful with an everlasting scar. Don't take such disputes lightly. Do something about it.