WTF they were pairing a 30 year old actor to a 16 year old actress

Calgary, Alberta
A man and a girl, I dont watch soap operas, I just saw the trailer of one and its weird cos the actress was a former childstar playing kid roles 5 years ago, and they were playing the roles of childhood sweethearts of the same age....but everyone knows they have a huge age gap. Its causing controversy now cos many people are com planing that the teenage girl should not be allowed to I know most underage actors in our county dont really kiss in romantic movies/shows they just hug, or do scenes that is "about to kiss" I know this is not the first time they paired an underage actress to an older man in our country but its so controversial cos everyone knows she is underage and she is playing child roles 5 years ago. I think Mexico have kissing scenes between child actors but never between an adult and a minor. I don't know whats with the TV networks trying to make teenagers play adult roles. ----
Maybe because they need projects for these two celebrities because this 30 year old actor is very hot right now and they know he has a lot of fans and he always bring good ratings and they need to launch this sixteen year old so they just decided to combine these two actors into one show. They couldn't think of any other leading lady or leading man than just these two.
• Calgary, Alberta
He never had a kissing scene with the underage girl eventhough she is playing the role of an adult a woman, They just show love and affection through hug, I guess you are right, They wanted to launch the career of the 16 year old girl
@Theresaaiza (10465)
Are you referring to Coco Martin and Julia Montes. I got the same feeling when I saw the trailer. But what can I do? They are the hottest stars nowadays and it's one way to gather an audience. I don't necessarily approve of it though. In our culture, we teach our teenagers to be decent and modest so how do we make that value come across if the media is screaming otherwise.
• Calgary, Alberta
I think they use him to push her as a star though, since she is a villainous in her last project, This could be their option to catapult her career, its still weird and creepy though and its not believable to make them "childhood sweethearts"
@louievill (18914)
I don't know the law when it comes to minors in the cinema but I do remember the "King" of Philippine cinema Fernando Poe was always paired with leading actresses much much younger than him that sometimes made the story unbelievable, but somehow the watching populace most especially the masses seems to bite it and some were even box office hits
• Calgary, Alberta
I think our law is a bit flawed, during the 90's many underage actresses were able to star R-18 films doing adult oriented roles. Seiko films is notorious for that. Thats probably one of the reason Why I was never an FPJ fan, I know the masses love him but I just dont appreaciate his romantic scenes with Younger women, there is no chemistry and its creepy.
@neelia_lyn (2016)
I also think you're referring to Julia and Coco. When I saw the trailer, I wondered why Julia was made matured so suddenly in that role! She might be a matured-looking girl but she's still young to be acting that role. It made me want not to watch their show. People really do weird things nowadays just to get rich
• Calgary, Alberta
Maybe if the story is about a teenage girl and an olderman the story they were selling is believable, some sort of a coming of age story but its not, They were playing the same age. Yes its also creepy to see a minor doing a kissing scene and a bed scene. Maybe if there will be no kissing scenes it would be acceptable. I guess hugging and "about to kiss" scenes will be more acceptable but its still creepy, no matter how much make up they do to her, she will never look like a woman, her body screams "a girl" not a woman.,
@cearn25 (3460)
I am against it. I think I know whom you are referring to. Its just that they really have a huge difference when it comes to their age. I thought to myself haven't they find another leading lady in pair with the actor?
• Calgary, Alberta
not only its so wrong, How are we suppose to belive they were childhood sweethears, the age gap screams on their screen registry.The Tv network is in a hurry to launch the girl's career, she should be her age,she is not yet a woman.she doesnt look like a woman, she looks like a girl.
@franne32 (695)
Yeah, I think you have a point there. There are a lot of younger actors out there who are much more appropriate for the job. Maybe that 30-year-old actor has some connections that's why he's able to get that role. But that's just my opinion.
• Calgary, Alberta
If the story is about an older man and a girl, its understable and makes sense but the fact they p;ay the roles of childhood sweethearts is like an insult to people's intelligence. How do people are supposed to believe they were the same age when she is obviously a girl not a woman. They can play the role of father and daughter.
@jlamela (4909)
I guess you are referring to Coco Martin and Julia Monte, I've heard that the Kapamilya network will be launching another soap opera next week with Coco and Julia as leading performers. When I heard that they will be pairing, I was a little bit disgusted too because of the age gap. Same with Gabby Concepcion and Claudine Barretto when they made a soap opera some two years ago, it was so ridiculous and morbid since we know that Claudine's age is more like a daughter to Gabby.
• Calgary, Alberta
and the fact we see her as a little girl,she graduated from Going Bulilit 5 years ago, , % years ago she is playing child roles and now she will kiss a 30 year old man on TV, I mean in Teen romances of Hollywood films they rarely use real teenagers, they use adults who look like teenagers. Now they want us to see a minor playing the role of a grown up woman and expect us to believe she is a woman. also a woman who played her mom, in her last project is the same age with her leading man.
Hmm, i am confused as to who are these actor and actress you are talking about Albert. Can i know who they are please?
• Calgary, Alberta
other responders already mentioned it,
@marianne87 (3526)
Its a tough one... but here in the UK it would not seem wrong at all. The legal age of consent here is 16. When I met my partner I was 17 and he was 28. I suppose its all about how your local culture sees things. (oh and by the way, at 24, I'm STILL more mature than he is!)
• Calgary, Alberta
how do you think people are supposed to believe a 16 year old girl and a 30 year old man are the same age, People below 18 are not allowed to do intimate scenes on Tv's and movies.... though things occured in the 80's....were some actresses faked their age, though it happens in real life, In Hollywood and UK, "teenage characters" who do kissing scenes and lovescenes are not even real teenagers.
@cearn25 (3460)
I am against it. I think I know whom you are referring to. Its just that they really have a huge difference when it comes to their age. I thought to myself haven't they find another leading lady in pair with the actor? I believe there are still who are best and qualified to be paired for him.