They sent us WHAT?

@ElicBxn (60884)
The daughter of a good friend called in a panic a few weeks ago. She had drowned her MP3 player and wanted to know what the roomie thought she should do. The roomie offered to help her get a discount, but the mom said that, even with the discount, she doubted she could afford it. SO, we needed some work done and the kid wanted an MP3 player. The roomie proposed a trade. The girl would come work 20 hours for us and we'd buy the player for her. She came over on Jan 2nd and worked her tail off. She came every day for 3 more days and worked off the "deal" - and, we ordered the MP3 player she requested. THEN things got interesting. The package was delivered on Friday, but not only was it not the product we ordered, a 160 gig black machine, instead we got a 2 gig PINK machine. We were ALL pretty upset. The kid worked hard to earn that nice unit and gets nothing like what she asked for. The roomie called in and another player was ordered, we held the 2 gig unit hostage until the got the order right. The new one arrived this afternoon and was exactly what was ordered. Have you ever had this much trouble getting a product you ordered? Have you ever had to disappoint a someone, even when it was not your fault?
I do not order a lot of things and I am usually happy with what I get. We will see though, because I just ordered a new land line phone. I am glad that you and roomy could help the person out with her drowned player. I guess my worst experience with online ordering was pants I ordered for my very tall thin son. I ordered BDU pants for his 2010 birthday. They finally came in July and August of 2011. They fit wonderfully though. He has such a hard time finding things he likes that fit him right.
@ElicBxn (60884)
where were they getting them from? Mars? Good grief! At least they fit!
It was LA Gear, so probably from China. I just would not think there was that great a demand for 32x36 pants. Of course, as I type this, I realize they perhaps needed a minimum number ordered before they would get the pattern out, and I only ordered two pair. Maybe they were waiting for six back orders.
@cher913 (25890)
yup, this week in fact! i order all office supplies where i work and i ordered some stuff from staples here in canada. well, i got half of what i ordered and a free box of catalogue envelopes which i did not order, nor did i pay for! all got cleared up when i got my stuff and they picked up theirs yesterday. very frustrating!!
@ElicBxn (60884)
We strongly suspect that the delivery company took it and replaced it with the little one... morons.
@zralte (4186)
I'm glad it all worked out in the end. It must have been frustrating for the girl. Waiting excitedly and when it arrive, it's not what she asked for..... My mother-in-law ordered two pairs of snow boots in November, to be given to my father-in-law and her cousin for Christmas. When I got to her in the middle of Dec, she was getting frustrated that they haven't arrived yet. Emails and phone calls later, it was finally sent, but not in time for Christmas. It arrived 4 days after Christmas, and when she opened it, they sent the wrong sizes. She called them again and told them she wants a refund, not a replacement. After the double or triple disappointments, it was more than she could bear.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I can't say I blame her, I would've probably done the same thing. The roomie ordered something that didn't make it for Christmas, but at lest when it came it was the right thing!
@GreenMoo (11842)
Glad it got sorted in the end. I remember once I had such problems with a mobile phone that I had to refuse to leave the shop until they sorted it. Of course, whilst I was 'waiting' for them to 'deal with' my problem I felt it was necessary to chat with all the incoming customers about the issues I had with the company. Weirdly enough, it didn't take long for them to solve the problem and mysteriously find me a new phone once they worked out my strategy!
@ElicBxn (60884)
I did something sort of like that once. I didn't have to start talking to people, I just threatened to do it and they sorted me out!
@finlander60 (1775)
You rock!!! I probably would have called and told them that they had screwed up, but I doubt that I would have held the wrong one as a hostage until they got it right. Congratulations.
@ElicBxn (60884)
By rights the roomie should've handed off the wrong one to the driver when he handed her the new one, but she was holding it hostage...
well let this be a lesson we all learn next time be more careful
@ElicBxn (60884)
No, the delivery company should stop stealing these things! We did what we had to THEY messed it up!
@cerebellum (3871)
I have had a few problems with ordering things, but the only one disappointed was me. I have ordered a few things, that when I got them weren't exactly like they were in the picture. A couple of times, I ordered pants, and one was supposed to have pockets and didn't. Another pair were supposed to have a slit in the bottom, but the ones I got didn't. The slit was part of the reason I got them, because I have to wear braces on both legs and I needed the pants to fit over them. They didn't and I had to put one in myself. I figured that was easier than sending them back. I also ordered a rug that was supposed to be washable, but when I got it, it wasn't. It seems that sometimes they substitute for something very similar, and I guess that is what always seems to happen to me. I have ordered a few things that they have said was on back order and never got them. One was for Christmas and I ordered it in August. I kept getting cards that it was on back-order and a projected date that I would receive it. A few days before Christmas I got a card that it wasn't coming in, so I had to go shopping and buy something else. I ordered a friend something for Christmas once and was sent the wrong item. When I realized it, I called the company and was told to keep the wrong item and the new one was sent! That has been my all time best experience with returning something.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I hear that about the clothes, and they tell you they contain something (or actually that they are one blend) and they are a different blend. Considering I'm allergic to certain fabrics, this was more than just a little annoying.
@JenInTN (27565)
I have had things come late but I haven't had to deal with the wrong thing being sent. I'm glad they finally got it right and she got her player.
@ElicBxn (60884)
I am too, and she was posting about it on FB yesterday, and since she worked to get it, she basically bought it herself.
That was an awesome thing for you guys to do. It reminds me of a long time ago when you could barter and someone would do work for you in exchange for something you had. It's not usually like that anymore. I've come to the conclusion that nothing is simple in these times and so much goes wrong constantly. I love the idea that she held the items ransom, haha! I'm happy to hear it all worked out well in the end. I've heard some real horror stories about getting the wrong items or having to pay for something you didn't order. It's never happened to me luckily, but I usually only order from Ebay and always received the correct item. I can't recall any other items I've ordered from other places, I really don't think I ever did.
Yes I have and it was very frustrating! I bought my daughter a laptop on eBay for Xmas. She was waiting for her BIG surprise and was very happy to get it. However, it only worked for 5 minutes. I am trying to get a refund but so far have not been having luck. It is sad to disappoint someone especially when they really deserve something nice.
@ElicBxn (60884)
ebay is pretty frustrating - at least you got more than a picture of a computer... that's what one person got and never did get satisfaction from what I heard - well, eBay closed the seller down, but that doesn't get the money back...