Back off, fashionistas, this is ME!

Not A Fashion Bug! - Dorky and Warm! :-)
@Masihi (4228)
I hate fashion. It's stupid, expensive, and today's fashion is too sexy and skin-tight. Blah! I'd rather be comfortable and different and simple. Looking like everyone else is boring. Today we all went out for a family walk for a few hours. While I saw girls walking with no hats, mittens, light jackets, and pants that show their butts off, I was nice and toasty warm. And what's with those high heeled boots that doesn't do anything practical for warmth??? In this picture I'm wearing a scarf-hat, I need to keep my neck warm, then a nice, stretchy hat that doesn't fall off, or feel tight, or feels weird on my head. I'm wearing a small man's goose down feather jacket that'll keep me warm in minus 20 Celsius - black, which goes with everything. Down further (not shown in the pic) are a pair a jeans that actually goes up to my belly button. Comfy. I'm also wearing men's Coleman's Thinsulate boots that are ultra-light, ultra-warm, and I can wiggle and stretch out my toes any time I want. You'll also see a pair of old mittens that I had for years that are so warm, and a Tim Horton's travel mug that's ever-present as I'm always making myself a cup of tea from home. Fashionistas, back off! I was toasty warm and very comfortable.
I hear you! I feel the same way! I would much rather be cozy and comfortable than wearing clothes that are tight and uncomfortable! I'll take my sweats any day over tight jeans and heals lol!
@Masihi (4228)
Ya, sweats are really comfy, especially those old-fashioned ones back in the 1980's that are nice and loose and have those elastic bottoms on them. Today's sweats are tight butt-enhancers that will attract some guy's attention! They're not even warm like they were back 30 years ago, either. Also with heels I think there's some comfortable shoes that are flat yet can be worn at work and church I don't work so I just use my sneakers and boots for church. I'll be knitting a pair of thick socks for hiking/romping around in the snow that's made of alpaca wool blended with acrylic.
Yes!!! I have found I have had to buy men's sweat pants to get the feel and look I want. It works for me. I get discouraged when I try on women's sweat pants. They are made for twigs lol. Those socks sounds comfy!!!!
• Marion, Kansas
As long as you are happy it is a good thing. It is important to be functional. I see people who are not very warmly or functionally dressed. I have a hard time with some of the things that people swear are comfortable that are just too exposed or does not support or whatever.Be yourself.
@Masihi (4228)
I am very content and comfortable in what I wear, I mean I'm not falling down steps and twisting my ankles on those heel spikes and not worrying about my credit card bills after I do a fashion-catch-up shopping spree. Seriously, I wonder just how stressful it is for women who loves fashion and how much emphasis they put on their appearances. Their anxiety levels must be flying off the charts!
• Marion, Kansas
I was pretty outlandish when I was young, but still fairly modest. I did nothing on credit, though. Sales or home made and designed clothes. Or purchased at the thrift shop. It was just what I did because I did not know who I was. It was like a costume.
It is hard to follow fashion. Not only it is expensive, it is definitely hard to keep up with the fad. I've always wanted to be presentable in any clothing that I am in. I try to mix and match in as much as possible. Pop in some colors to avoid looking dull all the time. But all in all, I just wear clothes that I feel comfortable in. It is hard to be confident when you cannot move freely because of your clothes.. or shoes
@Masihi (4228)
I do have some nice jeans and some nice tops, you know, just nice, plain stuff, various colours but nothing trendy or anything. But romping around in the snow in wintertime or foraging for winter food in the summertime takes up most of my time. If I was able to work I'd dress up as if I was going to church but that's it. And under any condition I won't do heels. I'm nervous in them and get nervous even looking at them. I don't have good balance anyway, so one pair of dress shoes that I can wear is good enough for me. Black, of course, as they'll go with any kind of outfit, no matter what colour I wear. Besides I know myself I don't look at shoes, although them big fat heels and huge tall boots are kinda hard to miss.
Ooohh boots! Yeah they are good shoes when it is winter. You can wear them in almost everything. Be it jeans or dress or skirt! I love boots! But since here in our country (Philippines) when it is summer, it is really hot. As in. So it is impossible to wear boots. Only when it rains or when it's cold
@cher913 (25895)
staying warm is way more important than looking cool but i agree with you. the fashions out there these days are not that great which is why i mostly shop at thrift stores for the stuff i wear.
@Masihi (4228)
I love thrift stores, if you know about colours matching I think you can find some great outfits that look nice anyway. Some people are so picky and won't want to wear someone else's "junk" but I found some excellent quality items there, things nearly brand new, all we have to do is wash the clothes, no biggie. What really gets my goat is that even mothers my age dress like teenagers, professional women as well! One would they they know better, but I guess they don't.
@sid556 (31018)
Hi Masihi, I'm like you. My sense of fashion goes right out the window when it comes to be comfortable and especially warm. While I care about how I look when I go out, following the latest fashion trends has never been a big thing for me even when I was young. The clothes that I wear are not out-dated but they also aren't the latest trend if that makes sense. I live in a college town and I know exactly what you mean. I drive home from work and have layers of clothes on. I see groups of girls walking in their little mini skirts and no jackets or the jeans with the little tops that barely cover them. They have to be freezing...have to be. I think its foolish but it's their choice. To each his own.
@Masihi (4228)
You know, whenever I can I tell those little punks they'll get arthritis when they get older, I just don't understand why they just throw their health out the window, just to be cool and to fit in. I just KNOW they're freezing, it's like it's freaking COOL to be frozen, so it seems like. And the top dogs in the fashion worlds just don't care, as long as they make money of the vulnerable teenagers. I'm starting to realise now that fashion sense have replaced practical sense.
@Bluedoll (17029)
This is smart. I have the flu right now and although I didn't dress silly I think there was at least I got a chill. No, don't think I got it from that but still dressing warm is just so much more better than being worried about appearances. Leave that one for the warmer weather. You look great. What I can see of you.
@Masihi (4228)
In the summertime i just wear a loose t-shirt and an old pair of shorts, I'm just working the land a bit in the wild places of the earth....hehe I do a lot of wild berry picking so that we'd have a lot of berries for the winter. Don't much go out for shopping and hanging out with friends. We mainly spend a lot of family time together and camp out in the woods all that fun stuff. Oh, right I don't wear makeup anyway. I'm half-blind anyway, so I guess what I can't see doesn't matter :-p
@carmelanirel (21108)
I am the same as you, I wear what I am sure some think is outrageous clothing and like I told you earlier, I love that white head wrap. I have this black thing that looks like a tube top, but isn't. I pull it over my head and when I pull it down, it is like a big turtle neck, keeping my neck warm, but I can also pull it up over my head.. Problem is, it is not thick enough if there is a bitter wind, but it is wonderful if the temps are low and with the sun shining...
@cttolledo (2309)
• Batangas, Philippines
Every person has its own way of dressing up..and whatever will be your style what is important to me is that you are comfortable...
Nothing is wrong being a fashionista. What's the problem is the one whose wearing those clothes. I am not a fashionista and I am really not interested into what's hot or in in this those. I am a trendsetter. I have my own style and I hate it when the people I saw have the same style as me.
@mr_pearl (5037)
Hi there... It is is not highly necessary to follow the current fashion trend always. The most important things is, it should suit you... It would not suit you if you don't like the new trend... So it is better to be what you like... And that makes you look happy too... :) Take care.. .
@WakeUpKitty (8711)
• Netherlands
I think you look very fashion :-D You are right black fits with everyting. BTW the newest/latest fashion is invented on what is seen outside on the street. What we see on the catwalk most of us won't wear (or even buy to look at). Great thing about fashion is: it always comes back.. so safe your stuff from 15-20 years ago. Personally I don't care about fashion, I do care about feeling cold (and looking like an idiot). i will never combine red with orange and purple and yellow, those colours don't fit to my opinion. I also only wear clothes I feel comfortable in, same with shoes.
@GreenMoo (11842)
Masihi, I'm with you all the way here! I'm currently wearing a pair of old lady zip up slippers which everyone laughs at. They can laugh, but I've got warm feet! :-)