Would you say anything?

Our governor is under pressure by unions & their backers to force a recall so there have been people out for months collecting signatures. Now a friend of mine since 6th grade said something sassy about the recall. Then Mr. Serious comes in and tells everyone not to phantom what this person said. She said it sarcastically and he informed everyone it was a felony ect. So then I see a pic he's posted a minute ago and look for more that he's posted and it's the conversation my friend from 6th grade had posted on FB (he's a mutual aquaintance who graduated w/ us) about the recall petitions with our names blanked out. Then comments "this kind of attitude is in my view, really immature and dangerous" I'm about half tempted to unfriend him and pm the link to his screen shot w/ his comments. I don't want to start anything but geez. He made his own personal PSA that it was a felony... I GET IT! EVERYONE GETS IT! But we were ranting how we were annoyed by the recall walker signs everywhere ect and she was like "wouldn't it be funny if....." and I said something smart about the person whom by school has all sorts of "anti Scott Walker" signage from all her windows, and that it would be funny ect. Would you say anything to the friend who started the discussion? Would you unfreind this guy or just put him on "ignore"? Honestly, how is expressing your opinion dangerous? Do we all have to agree with his opinion or we are dangerous for thinking something outside of union approved thoughts?
@bagarad (13028)
• Paso Robles, California
My ex-boyfriend and a fellow bookseller are both progressives who post progressive propaganda on my FB wall. I just ignore them, realizing that in other areas they are decent people and they are well-intended but gullible in their politics. (at least that's true of my ex-boyfriend. I dont' really know the bookseller in person, and he can be really nasty to people he disagrees with politically. I didn't even want to friend him for that reason. ) I would ignore him on Facebook unless he is cutting you down in front of your friends. You can always hide him. But he will, no doubt continue to belittle you to his other friends, even if you don't see it, so you may as well know what he's saying. I ignore only those I know well enough to know I won't be able to chance their minds. If there is any chance they have open minds, I try gentle persuasion, remembering that I don't want to make them feel stupid or defeated. I sometimes ask questions that will help them to see the truth themselves. My husband has been trying this with some of his liberal friends at the health club for over three years, and some are finally starting to see the light. You should probably, if you haven't already, joined a grassroots movement like the Tea Party, that is actively working to support your governor, since he's setting a precedent the other states are watching. Few governors dare to do what he did, but might if he survives this recall effort. Don' be afraid to speak out. The other side isn't afraid, but they are hoping to intimidate those who disagree with them. You are fighting for the financial health of your state, and this fight will have repercussions around the whole country. That's why the unions are fighting so hard.
I agree totally with what you said. That's just it Mr Walker isn't fooling around and people are mad because the public who can't even pay their own debts can't afford to pay for the luxuries of a pension and medical care as those in the private sector have to contribute. He came up with a good idea that causes the least amount of jobs to be lost. There was a big scandal in Milwaukee County some years before Walker became county executive (and now Governor) where people were getting huge pensions and it was bankrupting the county paying for these huge pensions. Which in a way it's kind of ironic that they ousted a former exec over huge pensions yet now they want to oust a leader for wanting to make them contribute to their pensions. Yes the unions are fighting hard. But the initial reason the unions were created no longer exists and that was to improve work conditions and establish an 8hr work day. That same guy also posted something about Walkers latest contributors. You know politicians get contributions from every type of business in state or national for various reasons. Why worry about who contributes to his re-election campaign with out examining every politicians contributors. And what about all the lobbiests why has that practice not been abolished? I don't pretend to know about politics, I go with my gut.
@Devilova (5396)
What your country platform? My country was a republic democration, but sometime there is a pressure for act that would attack the goverment, the richest and or officers. Then we will use all we got to melt down the pressure.From Facebook, Twitter, newspapers and TV.Let the people power solve the unjustice.
The ignorance of those who are pro-union public employees are the people causing the current political problems in our state. Our state was on the verge of financial collapse when our new Governor took away quite a bit of the unions power and to allow employers (cities, state, county, school districts) to pay a portion of their insurance and pension (next to no one gets pensions anymore, but public employees) to save the state money to save jobs. And also to reflect on the fact that if the tax payer (who pays their wages) is struggling to pay the bills we can't allow them to continue to not feel the private sectors burdens of paying for their own health care and retirement... and you cannot get taxes from someone who is unemployed to pay the public employee's cushie salaries.