Public transportation

Public transportation - Xtrans Shuttle Bus
@sishy7 (27210)
Australia
Our family recently visited Jakarta and relatives there took us to Bandung using Xtrans shuttle bus. I was quite impressed with the service. The bus is clean, driver is courteous, and departs/arrives promptly. The mini bus fits 12 passengers; and each passenger is ticketed and assigned a comfortable seat for the 2.5 hours journey. In our case, the bus is full with our 10-party family group; however, I was told that the bus will still leave on scheduled time even if it has only 1 passenger. For Rp60,000/passenger and a bottle of mineral water for the road, the cost is well worth the comforts. It's refreshing to find such a reliable means of transportation; especially in a country where the public transportation mostly ignore passengers safety and comforts.
@VivaLaDani13 (16259)
• Perth, Australia
@sishy7 That sounds really nice. I've only been on a bus sort of like that once. I think it was about a 5 hour drive. Was nice. I like long drives.
@sishy7 (27210)
I do too, especially when I don't have to drive... I enjoy being a passenger on road trips...
@adhyz82 (36289)
wow...it`s impressing story.. is it your real story?? i never find the story about it when many passenger in Jakarta praise about the quality service of public transportation.. i always see many passenger is unhappy with the public transportation service..
@sishy7 (27210)
Of course it's a true story, why would I make it up? You should try it yourself next time you are in Jakarta or Bandung. Btw, thank you for being my first friend.
@adhyz82 (36289)
i see..i pray that no more traffic jam in jakarta.. and when i visit again in Jakarta i dont see anymore traffic jam
@sishy7 (27210)
Well, you'll be praying for a loooong... time. Everytime I visit the traffic jam is always worse in Jakarta. Seems there is more and more motorcycles and not enough space to accomodate all road users. What can they do to improve that? I wonder if it has been a mistake since the beginning of the plan, and now it has become part of what Jakarta is and everyone there just have to accept it. However, one will never experience traffic jam in Jakarta if you are regarded as "somebody". Those VIPs just bypass all traffic leaving others to suffer even more.