It sucks to be the minority

Calgary, Alberta
I think at certain point of our lives we became a minority of something, I know they always say that the majority is always right but there are cases that you know the minority is the one who is right but he just happened to be outnumbered, I think every single one of us experienced this, You like a certain song but you can talk about it with your friends because their too Mainstream, You get to like something and the moment you dont like it anymore, it became trend. Well I am the only person in my country that I know who plays videogame consoles, Most people in my country prefer Korean MMORPG's and PC LAN Games from Cyber cafes. I am sure you also experienced this, you liked a politician and you want to vote for that person but you know that person is not going to win the election because he or she doesnt have enough fame. Or you like a Reality show contestant but majority of the audience wants that person to be voted off and you are like the only person rooting for him or her. What are some certain points in your life were you felt like a minority. Do you think the Majority is always right?
I do not think that the majority is always right. If there were not minorities that believed different things and stood up for their opinions and beliefs, then there would not be change and evolution in the world, because everyone would always think the same way. I seem to be in the minority when it comes to new shows on television. There are some that I really like that stand the "test of time" and are still on after many seasons, so once in a while I am in the majority on my viewing choices. However, it seems that many times if I really like a new show and get interested in it, then it is canceled after the first season (if it even makes it that far). I guess in this particular instance the majority needs to be "right", because it is about marketing and revenue, but that still does not make me agree with them.
• Calgary, Alberta
thats what I hate with some new American shows, If the ratings are bad they wont have a second season. I trust some mini series much more. I also remember I was on a sports event, I can cheer for my team cos the majority is the opposition team.... you know some sports fans will murder who wont root for their team... so when my team won, I only screamed inside my heart.... cos i dont want those crazy fans to beat me up. I also remember there is a movie, it was a flop and its insulted by critiques but I actually liked it and its my fave movie of all time. i watched it 9 times. I remember when I watched it there are only 1 people in the cinema.
• Calgary, Alberta
typo correction, I cant cheer for my team. sometimes critiques are kissing the butt of a movie directors and producers saying how awesome it is was an the moment you watched it...its crap. another typo correction, there are only 10 people in the cinema.
LOL! That is another thing that I thought I was in the minority about but now I am thinking that maybe there are more people who think like me than I first realized ... movie critics. It seems like when a movie is highly rated and critically acclaimed I tend to not like the movie. Of course, that is not always the case, but it does seem to happen more often than not. Similarly, if a movie has low ratings and the critics do not like it, then I tend to really enjoy it. Again, that is not always the case but it does seem to happen quite often.
@thezone (9451)
I always say I go with the flow and most of the time I do but but when it comes to my passions, everyone is wrong and I am right
What if they happen to agree with you? Are they still wrong then?
• Calgary, Alberta
In China Town and some European Restaurants, though prefer them cooked the european way, if I have my own backyard, I would raise some for my own food consumption, ABout rabbits being "nice animals" they were pest for many farmers, thats why many farmers learned to eat them,,,LOL about defending animal's cuteness, pigs,cows and sheep are cute affectionate animals too.
• Calgary, Alberta
Just to remind you, I'm born in peru, so I had killed Guinea pigs and rabbits before. I will have someone to take care of them for me. I am more of a cat,dog and Iguana person so cuteness of rabbits dont affect me. Rabbits are better meats than chickens. Chickens have estrogen injected on them. chickens feed on chemical feeds.
@Mashnn (4503)
I have had such an experience during discussion but I do not think that majority is always right. Sometimes, people are influenced to make decision based on others to end up regretting later on.
• Calgary, Alberta
so what is that discussion that makes you feel outnumbered? What are some moments of your life when you felt so outnumbered? I think Politicians are good examples,You know the majority who voted for them regrets voting for them.
@Mashnn (4503)
Like when choosing between two or more alternatives. It also happens to me back in college when we were supposed to choose the topic to discuss, most of my groupmates chose a topic that I did not like and we ended up with the most horrible discussion ever.
• Calgary, Alberta
I remember at highschool I hate group projects cos everyone is trying to be a leader and i felt like a minority cos no one listens to my ideas, I begged the teacher to let me do it on my own.
Majority is usually only right because there are so many people supporting it so they have a lot of different reasons to support their argument. The minority would have less variation in their reasons and would find it harder to get their point across.