Goddess/St. Brighid, Briget, etc. So many spellings of her name.

@writersedge (22579)
I went on Youtube and there are many beautiful songs to the Goddess/St. If the weather is nice, I might go out and make a reed cross using instructions from the internet. Some have her day as Feb 1st which is my birthday. Some have her day as Feb. 2nd which I had always heard that it was. Some of you will be celebrating Imbolc and some candlemas. If you participate in any of these, hope you have a wonderful one.If you celebrate more than one, hope they all turn out well. If I have missed a day that you celebrate coming up, please let me know. These are the only ones I know. So if you honor any of those days, who will you honor the day or days? I think I will listen to music to the Goddess/Saint from around the world on Youtube and maybe make the reed cross if I can. Thanks and take care.
@louievill (16263)
honestly friend I think belief and reverence transcends spellings and things like that, it's more from the heart and God or the deity involved would understand our being just humans, yes special days to honor somebody, why not, we honor peoples birthdays don't we? I'm Christian but I do respect other peoples beliefs, the same way I expect them to respect mine
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, the multiple spellings are just because she's honored at least in 6 cultures. But I don't think it matters, you're correct. I have no problem with Christians responding to Pagan topics as long as they do so with respect, which you obviously have. Mutual respect for others' beliefs on a would wide forum is important. Thanks for responding and take care.
@JenInTN (27565)
@writersedge (22579)
That should be world wide forum.
@JenInTN (27565)
I haven't heard of the Goddess St. Brighid,Briget. I will have to look her up. I would think that the spellings of her name are influenced by the areas she is known in. Is she held in the regard and purpose in all the places she is known or does she hold different meanings to people as well? It sounds like a nice way to spend your birthday. I hope you have a great one!
@writersedge (22579)
Some people see her as a Goddess. Some people see her as a Saint. Some think she's both. Some think there are two separate beings. The Goddess and the Saint who came afterward. So there are not even agreements as to whether she is a Goddess or a Saint. Try Ireland first. She's also a big deal amoung some people in France and other places. I help out a person who has a book on the life of St. Brighid. As for Goddess, she has to do with keeping the home and hearth safe. She is often asked to keep homes safe so they won't burn this time of year. I like her because she can help you find true love and yet be a warrior, my kind of Goddess. She can kiss them and poke them in the nose. She kind of reminds me of Xena, Princess Warrior, but that's just my interpretation. Yes, please do look her up. See if you can add to my knowledge. Yeah, hanging with a Goddess and/or Saint on my birthday, I can't think of a better way to hang-out. She has her own really neat cross that can be made from reads. It looks more like the 4 directions and about choices than the one that people ususally think of. Thanks for responding and take care.
@writersedge (22579)
Reeds, not reads. The cross is on Etsy. Forget which spelling I typed in to find it. Also on youtube, they teach how to make one. It's amazing how much there is out there about her.