Does any one know Home remedies for a Very bad Sinus and Cough??

@diillu (5128)
I have always got valuable suggestions and advice from mylot members and I have always valued those suggestions and advice. And I think many mylot members knows many home made remedies for many things. This time I am down with a bad Sinusitis problem. I have completely avoided cold drinks, cold water or anything that is cold and to make things worse I am suffering from cough as well. I wend to doctors but the medicine they prescribe is a Sudafed which doesn't help at all. So, I am so hopeful to get help from mylot members. Anything, the name of the medicine that you used or any of your family members used which was really helpful or some home made remedies??
@peavey (16856)
Besides taking Vitamin C (I don't know that it's necessary to take so much you get diarrhea) drink hot tea with lemon and honey in it, or just hot water with lemon and honey in it. That will help the cough, but if the cough is caused by your sinuses, you'll need to do something about them. If you have Mentholatum or a menthol salve, use that under your nose. Use a washcloth dipped in hot water across your face from the eyes to the nose. Breathe steam from a bowl of hot water and keep your face and head warm. Eat hot soups and drink lots of clear liquids. I have heard that eating hot peppers helps clear the sinuses, but I can't handle them.
@sirnose (2440)
Yes, take 500-1000 mg of vitamin C every hour until you get diarrhea. It works for me, mine colds always left when I started this vitamin C regminent. You should see results within 24 hours or less.